LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confused MOM anyone?  (Read 927 times)

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

Confused MOM anyone?
« on: January 24, 2007, 03:28:55 PM »
So, I am the official/unofficial MOM for my church Youth dept... Reason being is that we don't have an official title such as MOM or MD but the position is the same nonetheless... Frankly I've actually been doing this for the same church for the last 2 years anyway it's just taken them this long to make it official.

We've got a youth choir, a girls group(or 3), a boys group (maybe 2), we've just added a dance crew (who prefer us to do their music for them) & a resident youth band.
This year we'll be doing 3 productions as well(We normally do 2 a year). So there's alot of music needed this year.

I haven't prepped AT ALL for this year.

Don't get me wrong - I know I need some form of direction otherwise I'll be aimless for the whole year. Which is NOT a good thing. I'm very much a musical control freak & can be very "clinical" & dictatorial in my approach to music. I see it is dependable, reliable & dedicated :)  as is the case over the last couple of years I have learned to be more accomodating & personal & encouraging ;D.

Problem I'm having is simply that the musicians we have had (for the last 2 years) are so engrossed in personal issues, lazyness, just wanting to ONLY jam etc.
In the last 2 years we pushed ourselves to new levels of playing but its like a cycle - the level of playing goes up when their interested & down when their not.

Praying has certainly been a regularity & everytime I pray about this particular issue I get sense of calmness & just keep hearing the words "STOP", "WAIT", "BE STILL".
Seems to me like God is wanting me to just wait on our musicians. I surely hope so.

At the moment I'm unsure whether it's really God telling me to wait... or my insecurity about our musicians. I'm getting abit anxious because our first production is only 1 month away & within 2 weeks everyone will be back from holidays and wanting to get back into their singing, dancing & acting...

?/? ?/?

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

Re: Confused MOM anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 06:45:28 PM »
I would say if you are feeling the calmness along with hearing those words, then the Lord may be telling you to wait on him.  Who knows what he has planned, but I would say be consistent in what you are doing, give your best, and don't get anxious.  God will come through on time!

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 08:09:05 PM »
Thanks Nessa.

Offline bishopcole

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • YES INDEED!!! AND THATS A RAP!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 10:19:54 AM »
So, I am the official/unofficial MOM for my church Youth dept... Reason being is that we don't have an official title such as MOM or MD but the position is the same nonetheless... Frankly I've actually been doing this for the same church for the last 2 years anyway it's just taken them this long to make it official.

We've got a youth choir, a girls group(or 3), a boys group (maybe 2), we've just added a dance crew (who prefer us to do their music for them) & a resident youth band.
This year we'll be doing 3 productions as well(We normally do 2 a year). So there's alot of music needed this year.

I haven't prepped AT ALL for this year.

Don't get me wrong - I know I need some form of direction otherwise I'll be aimless for the whole year. Which is NOT a good thing. I'm very much a musical control freak & can be very "clinical" & dictatorial in my approach to music. I see it is dependable, reliable & dedicated :)  as is the case over the last couple of years I have learned to be more accomodating & personal & encouraging ;D.

Problem I'm having is simply that the musicians we have had (for the last 2 years) are so engrossed in personal issues, lazyness, just wanting to ONLY jam etc.
In the last 2 years we pushed ourselves to new levels of playing but its like a cycle - the level of playing goes up when their interested & down when their not.

Praying has certainly been a regularity & everytime I pray about this particular issue I get sense of calmness & just keep hearing the words "STOP", "WAIT", "BE STILL".
Seems to me like God is wanting me to just wait on our musicians. I surely hope so.

At the moment I'm unsure whether it's really God telling me to wait... or my insecurity about our musicians. I'm getting abit anxious because our first production is only 1 month away & within 2 weeks everyone will be back from holidays and wanting to get back into their singing, dancing & acting...

?/? ?/?

I agree with Ness totally. We are here to help you in any and everyway that you need help.  Bishop Cole
"Stay in God Always"  - Bishop Lamar Cole
"It's not about the Music, it's about the Ministry"

Offline figgieboo

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 11:43:07 AM »
There's not any reason to be confused.  You have got to continually be directed by the holy spirit.

I have been in Music Ministry for the past 35 years.  Large as 10,000 small as 100 and I can give you a lot of stories.  But, I can say those stories and situation have brought to where I am today.  I really think I can write a hell to heaven but for Music Ministry but I haven't been led be the spirit to do it at this time.

Got to go, I'll email you again on this subject.

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 09:11:35 PM »
Thanks guys. I'm praying & waiting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up