LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: laugh  (Read 1553 times)

Offline vkeys314

• LGM Member

laugh
« on: January 25, 2007, 12:49:56 AM »
how do you do the trick that makes it sound like your sax is laughing??? i been tryina learn that for 2 years......
music speaks to everyones soul

Offline lisacrum

• LGM Member
  • God doesn't seek ability; He seeks AVAILABILITY.
    • www.myspace.com/lisacrum

Re: laugh
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 10:22:21 AM »
I don't know how to make my sax laugh, unless I tell it I'm going to take guitar lessons! ;D

Hmmm, hadn't given it much thought. Although, Dave Sanborn does this great job of making one sound like it's crying on the song, "Since I Fell For You."  Al Jarreau sang the lead on that song on the Bob James/David Sanborn CD "Double Vision." While Al's singing a very convincing case of heartbreak, Dave is doing some runs behind him and at one point it sounds like that sax is weeping!  How he did it, I'll never know. 

I'll be interested to hear some of the feedback you get on this thread...maybe you and I can both learn a new technique.  :)

Offline lisacrum

• LGM Member
  • God doesn't seek ability; He seeks AVAILABILITY.
    • www.myspace.com/lisacrum

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 10:25:08 AM »
I don't know how to make my sax laugh, unless I tell it I'm going to take guitar lessons! ;D

Hmmm, hadn't given it much thought. Although, Dave Sanborn does this great job of making one sound like it's crying on the song, "Since I Fell For You."  Al Jarreau sang the lead on that song on the Bob James/David Sanborn CD "Double Vision." While Al's singing a very convincing case of heartbreak, Dave is doing some runs behind him and at one point he lets out a sound that makes you just know there are tears dripping off that sax!  How he did it, I'll never know. 

I'll be interested to hear some of the feedback you get on this thread...maybe you and I can both learn a new technique.  :)

Offline Zen_Micro

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 04:58:05 PM »
:D Hey, I think (im not sure :-\) I know the trick, me and the guy that I play with, we be doing all types of stuff on Sunday morning (experimenting with different sounds and techniques), and I believe one of those things are making our horns sound like they are laughing  ;D. I don't know what it is called though lol, but I never heard it done before. Maybe I can make a clip and you can go from there, but I am not tooooo sure if what I do is what your talking about  :-\. But I hope every little bit helps  :D!!
"Im pressing on the upward way, New heights I'm gain-ing ev-'ry day......"
Pages: [1]   Go Up