LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you legally singing gospel music in your church?  (Read 21588 times)

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

Re: Are you legally singing gospel music in your church?
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2007, 02:57:23 PM »
This discussion CAN'T still be going?  :o :o :o :o

Like the Dr. Pepper commercial, 'be you; do what you do.'

This applies to numerous topics on here as of late.

Offline COHmusic

• LGM Member

« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2007, 09:36:15 PM »
Yes, we "do the right thing". 

You mentioned "Jesus Rose" on a question about your favorite songs.  Do you know the chords for Jesus Rose?  We're singing it Resurrection Sunday and something doesn't sound right.  I don't want to mess up this great classic.  I've tried to find sheet music for it but I haven't been able to find any.

Thanks.

HumbleGospelDrummer

Offline princessofpraise

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Extravagant Worshipper!!
    • Anointed for Praise Ministries

« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
Oh my! I've been gone for a few weeks and this thread is still kicking!!!!!

Amazing!

::) ;D
Talent without character is called a "show".

shane254

« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2007, 03:00:59 PM »
Hi I'm still relatively a newbie and I don't wanna be insulted for restarting an old thread  :)

shane254

« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2007, 03:09:16 PM »
However I'll insert a random a random math formula here.

if X = ministry then,

X + Industry = monetary avidity

X + Industry + Fellowship = Legal Hardship

X + 7 Figure Mortgage = Lawsuits

X + Government = Censorship

X + Projector + Saints = Worship  but X + Projector + Saints + Record Companies = Residual Income

X + Minister = Glory but X + Artist = Money

And there you have it class. Today's math lesson. Hopefully I have legally used all theories handed down in school. If not Lord excuse me.

BTW = Caesar + Taxes = Law but Worship + Money Making Opportunity = Flaw

(LORD I PRAY THAT YOU WOULD HURRY UP A LITTLE ON YOUR COMING. IT'S GETTING KINDA MESSY DOWN HERE)

Offline chrissssssss

• LGM Member
  • nice to see yall too

« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2007, 11:40:06 PM »
Ya'll I guess that means we gotta sit down and change some of the lyrics to the songs or turn down the pa system in case there are undercover "investigators",lol
"in jesus name amen"

Offline brutha28

• LGM Member
  • "Be healed, be delivered, and be set free"

« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2007, 03:46:18 PM »
If it is really a copy right, then why do they sell song books on just about every mainstream gospel artist out and then what is the purpose of having this site wouldnt that be against copyright infringment?  I dont get it..
I agree with 4hisglory only if you are selling for profit are you to check out the legalities...How do all these churchs have these concerts then and not have to pay any royalties.  I feel if you buy the CD and you own it then you have certain rights to its content, just my opinion.  I really dont care about it because we as a church music industry have been doing it for years and the problem is is that people are trying to make profit on what should be a GOD given gift.  If you are saying that the song you wrote is a gift or sent from GOD then why do you make profit off it, should all profits be sacrificed or donated on behalf of the GIVER of the gift, this is why I do not charge for any of my gifts which I have benifited from learning from others.
Steven P.

Peace N' Hairgrease

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2007, 07:16:58 PM »
Oh my! I've been gone for a few weeks and this thread is still kicking!!!!!

Amazing!

::) ;D

Tell me about it! :D
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #109 on: May 26, 2008, 10:54:05 AM »
Why do you need permission to print hymns?  Aren't they free domain or something like that?

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2008, 12:09:17 PM »
So if you're gonna sing the song in a concert setting, you'll need permission to sing it in public or risk getting sued like the Girls Scouts did a while back. :)

:D  They sued the Girls Scouts for singing a song in public?!   :D  What was the song, "My Leader Wears Army Boots"?  "Brownie Smile"?  LOL!!

Offline kodacolor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2008, 12:48:01 PM »
Anyway, what got me thinking on this whole thing was when 4HG stated that most "Black Gospel" atrists were not covered under CCLi.  My church bought the license for the exact reasons that POP stated.  But it disturbd me to find that most of the artists we use aren't even covered. To me that was money wasted.

I noticed that when I went to the websit.  Buy just clicking around you can guess that the program is mainly aimed at curches who use CCM. 

Offline Revp98

• LGM Member

« Reply #112 on: May 28, 2008, 01:54:43 PM »
Basically, it is no different than that music that is in the secular world. The same rules apply. The moment you try to reproduce, record, or anything of that nature without the expressed permission of the person(s) or companies who orignally produced it, is in violation of the law. One such law is called the copyright  infringement law. And that is for starters. A hefty fine and jail time. And did I mention its a federal law too. Just look at it this way, a little knowledge goes a long way. Everyone have a beautiful and blessed day.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up