LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i need help  (Read 944 times)

Offline champ2039564

• LGM Member

i need help
« on: April 29, 2007, 11:28:44 PM »
i dont knowif i will ever get to place where i can play like the guys at church.if like my cant pick up on those notes i hear on the songs.
champ

drums2keys

Re: i need help
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 07:00:23 AM »
Dude how can we help you you said nothing lol go  buy some books first you got to learn the piano what is it and how it works then you got learn a lil theory. buy some books pay attention to this site.

DaNatiMaestro

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 12:52:17 PM »
Hey what's up Champ!

I used to be the same way when I first started but one thing I would suggest is that you don't focus so much on playing like this guy or that guy and focus on learning how to play the pinao as drums2keys suggested.

I am self taught as I assume you are.  I started in music by playing the sax that taught me my notes and how to read music.  From there I went to the library and got BOOKS on how to play the piano.  I mean straight beginner stuff.  I would suggest any book on how to read from a fake book though.  That will teach you all of your important chords and how to sight read from a music book.  From there you can buy song books of your favorite gospel artists and LEARN what they are doing.  Most of those transcriptions are identical to the CD.  This will help your ear and your chord progressions and also get you started in playing at church because you'll know songs.

So to recap:
1. Learn your notes and how to read the scale.
2. Get additional books on how to play the piano; esp. learning how to play from a fake book.
3. Purchase song books jazz or gospel and learn songs
4. Listen to CDs as much music as you can.
5. Play LIVE.  (I can't stress this one enough.. you have to get your feet wet and get over that anxiety.)

This is what I've done and it worked out pretty well for me. :-)

I hope this helps you and any one else that is just starting off.. don't worry we've ALL been there.

DaNatiMaesto

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 02:40:42 PM »
Welcome To LGM,  champ2039564 

Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 08:56:19 PM »
Welcome to the LGM family "champ2039564".....Be Blessed.

PianoWiz...
Pages: [1]   Go Up