LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What do you mean?????  (Read 795 times)

Offline bigboi_08

• LGM Member

What do you mean?????
« on: February 12, 2007, 05:02:45 PM »
I just want to know when someone says that their influences were (fill in the blank), does that mean that this person will be having the same vocal similarities as their influence or something,... i mean what does the term "influence" or "inspiration",.. mean to yall?

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

Re: What do you mean?????
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 06:32:15 PM »
To me that means those are the people whose music they enjoyed and who they aspired to be like in some aspect.  I think it's reasonable to expect some similarities to those artists, but the individual will probably still retain a style all his/her own. 

Offline vtguy84

• LGM Member
    • Get Covered 4 Life

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 06:52:04 PM »
To me that means those are the people whose music they enjoyed and who they aspired to be like in some aspect.  I think it's reasonable to expect some similarities to those artists, but the individual will probably still retain a style all his/her own. 

I will agree with Nessa on this. :)
www.GetCovered4Life.com (Mortgage Protection, Final Expense, Tax Free Retirement)

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 07:31:20 AM »
Influence means that the artist who's been influenced patterns their style in some shape or form like the artists they list.

If someone says that they're influenced by Richard Smallwood you would assume that they have a classical piano background or play piano in that style.

If someone says that they are influenced by James Hall you would assume that they have a choir with 30 tenors and they have that WAH-WAH-WAH-WAH vibrato in their voice and they sing HIGH (tenors singing C2) range songs.

If they say they are influenced by Timbaland, they have a real futuristic beat driven style ...

I hope that helped...

JUST KIDDING ABOUT THAT 30 tenor part... It was really about 20... LOL!

MrSparrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up