LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: YOU CAN'T BKE SERIOUS!  (Read 4431 times)

Offline flamtapz

• LGM Member
  • dublife.

Re: YOU CAN'T BKE SERIOUS!
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2007, 11:16:52 AM »
my fault, i didnt even think to pm u, i didnt think it was anything private?

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2007, 11:59:58 AM »
Well, this here isn't any of my business ,but I have to come to Lyric defense on the whole crip and blood thing here. Lyric is not  crip or blood. He's a cool person as far as I can tell from the few PM convos we have had.
I was raised in California where gang bangin' is real and very much frowned upon, so why would he want to be associated with that culture. One of my bestfriends in L.A. was a Inglewood crip and will not say the word cuz anymore, even if you used the word in the family sense (cousin). There is such a negative stigma with that word that even former gangsters who are seeking the light will not say the word cuz, blood, let alone BK (blood killer).
Naw, Lyric isn't a gang banger.

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2007, 07:32:41 AM »
my fault, i didnt even think to pm u, i didnt think it was anything private?

There's no harm my man, I was just trying to point out the irrelevancy (sp?) of that particular issue.  That's all.

Well, this here isn't any of my business ,but I have to come to Lyric defense on the whole crip and blood thing here. Lyric is not  crip or blood. He's a cool person as far as I can tell from the few PM convos we have had.
I was raised in California where gang bangin' is real and very much frowned upon, so why would he want to be associated with that culture. One of my bestfriends in L.A. was a Inglewood crip and will not say the word cuz anymore, even if you used the word in the family sense (cousin). There is such a negative stigma with that word that even former gangsters who are seeking the light will not say the word cuz, blood, let alone BK (blood killer).
Naw, Lyric isn't a gang banger.

Much love BEATBOXERZ. I do appreciate you looking out for me.  We have something in common, in that we're to the point when we post (much like my man BBD) to cut down on mess.

BTW, what's your take on the skeleton set-up BEATBOXERZ?

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A perfect man I am not, but I strive to be!

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2007, 08:19:16 AM »
WoW...We went from a naked drum, to crips and bloods, to B_X talking about Gunshot doorbells, I love the drum forum.

When I had to travel with my set I would take a snare, hi hats, bass drum, floor tom, and ride. I dont do crazy licks so that was all I needed.
I'm destined for greatness!!!

Rjthakid

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2007, 10:06:11 AM »

Where's the NSA when you need 'em!  :D ;D :D

Unfortunately D-nice has over 400 posts, so he's out of our jurisdiction.   :(

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2007, 10:12:03 AM »
WoW...We went from a naked drum, to crips and bloods, to B_X talking about Gunshot doorbells, I love the drum forum.

When I had to travel with my set I would take a snare, hi hats, bass drum, floor tom, and ride. I dont do crazy licks so that was all I needed.

Well, if you had to, I'm sure you would've 'Thrilled' folks w/what you created.  ;)  :D

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2007, 10:13:30 AM »
Unfortunately D-nice has over 400 posts, so he's out of our jurisdiction.   :(

Nah, squeeze that fam.  Everything is cool.  Dude had an Overseer moment (forgot to pull his sleeve down).  ;)

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2007, 10:18:09 AM »
Well, if you had to, I'm sure you would've 'Thrilled' folks w/what you created.  ;)  :D

Man you know once I put the  "Thriller Jaccet" on its a wrap...

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2007, 11:41:36 AM »
Man you know once I put the  "Thriller Jaccet" on its a wrap...

Yep.  You'd get in a tight groove...AND YOUR BUTT WOULD PASS RIGHT OUT!!!!   :D :D :D :D

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2007, 12:06:20 PM »
Yep.  You'd get in a tight groove...AND YOUR BUTT WOULD PASS RIGHT OUT!!!!   :D :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D....Thats if I zip it all the way up....I only go half way

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2007, 12:08:27 PM »

:D :D :D :D

Offline BEATBOXERZ

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2007, 12:21:36 PM »
There's no harm my man, I was just trying to point out the irrelevancy (sp?) of that particular issue.  That's all.

Much love BEATBOXERZ. I do appreciate you looking out for me.  We have something in common, in that we're to the point when we post (much like my man BBD) to cut down on mess.

BTW, what's your take on the skeleton set-up BEATBOXERZ?

For Sure LT, I can't stand when people make assumption that are completely false.

Yeah man, If you can slam on skeleton kit, then you got skills. I love playing just the kick, snare,  19"crash because it verstile and my hihat. I kill on that set up ;D ;D ;) 8)

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2007, 12:46:03 PM »
"Skeleton" kits or actually foundation drum kits really test your vocabulary. they prove whether you are a drummer or a percussionist. Let's make music instead of beats.

Personally I respect cats whom can pull it like that. I am not comfortable with that small of a setup because of my rudimental defeciencies. I can workout a bit on them but for my standards it comes of like a hack (based on my standards). That is why this is the year of the "woodshed" for me,  :D.

As far as the initial question: This is really the foundation drumset.... the drumset started out with just kick and snare... then wood blocks and splashes... then the sock cymbal (which later became the hi-hat)... ride cymbals didn't come in until around the 1930's (if I am not mistaken). For an accurate history see Steve Smith's DVD: Drum set Technique and the History of the U.S. Beat - disk two gives the whole history and demonstrates the music of the time periods.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2007, 01:29:01 PM »
Dude yesterday when I went to choir practice......The church we had practice at had just a Gretsch Maple Bass Drum which sounded really good with the Emad head, 14" A CUSTOM MASTERSOUND HIHATS, 20" A CUSTOM PROJECTION RIDE and a 18" K Custom Fast Crash.........man I loved playing on that....It wasan't really suitable for the type of music I play with the choir but it definitely made me be more creative with the pocket. I enjoyed playing on that set-up. I guees it depends what type of music you use it in to really enjoy it.
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2007, 02:22:21 PM »

Lol! ;D

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2007, 02:26:13 PM »
For Sure LT, I can't stand when people make assumption that are completely false.

Yeah man, If you can slam on skeleton kit, then you got skills. I love playing just the kick, snare,  19"crash because it verstile and my hihat. I kill on that set up ;D ;D ;) 8)

It's all good bruh.

Man, from me peepin' your clips, you'd kill playing on a buccet w/some wooden spoons!!!!  :D :D

"Skeleton" kits or actually foundation drum kits really test your vocabulary. they prove whether you are a drummer or a percussionist. Let's make music instead of beats.

Personally I respect cats whom can pull it like that. I am not comfortable with that small of a setup because of my rudimental defeciencies. I can workout a bit on them but for my standards it comes of like a hack (based on my standards). That is why this is the year of the "woodshed" for me,  :D.

As far as the initial question: This is really the foundation drumset.... the drumset started out with just kick and snare... then wood blocks and splashes... then the sock cymbal (which later became the hi-hat)... ride cymbals didn't come in until around the 1930's (if I am not mistaken). For an accurate history see Steve Smith's DVD: Drum set Technique and the History of the U.S. Beat - disk two gives the whole history and demonstrates the music of the time periods.

Thanks for the correct terminology.  I'm quite sure you're an animal in your own right.

Dude yesterday when I went to choir practice......The church we had practice at had just a Gretsch Maple Bass Drum which sounded really good with the Emad head, 14" A CUSTOM MASTERSOUND HIHATS, 20" A CUSTOM PROJECTION RIDE and a 18" K Custom Fast Crash.........man I loved playing on that....It wasan't really suitable for the type of music I play with the choir but it definitely made me be more creative with the pocket. I enjoyed playing on that set-up. I guees it depends what type of music you use it in to really enjoy it.

All those specifics would sound quite nice...IF I were a drummer myself  ;), I get the gist of what you're saying tho.  :D
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up