LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AM I Wrong here  (Read 2367 times)

drums2keys

AM I Wrong here
« on: March 07, 2007, 11:26:09 PM »
Im Playing total prais the whole building is going crazy the praise leader is lost he signals for you are but they are not ready because i play the song several times by the time they got ready i was at Knowing my help, and he signals for you are but i refused to jump the song for him was i wrong for that ?

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: AM I Wrong here
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 01:51:41 AM »
I don't understand your problem.

Where is the GL when you need them?
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 06:46:52 AM »
Im Playing total prais the whole building is going crazy the praise leader is lost he signals for you are but they are not ready because i play the song several times by the time they got ready i was at Knowing my help, and he signals for you are but i refused to jump the song for him was i wrong for that ?

Yes because you didn't follow the praise leader. Now, my answer comes from the limited information that you've provided. When in doubt, you follow the praise leader at all times.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline saxandkeys

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • "You ain't gotta go nowhere...I gotchu!"

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 07:57:22 AM »
I can't honestly answer that until you honestly answer this........Why,.......... why didn't you just catch the praise leader where they were at?
I'd rather be imperfectly inspired, than to be perfectly entertained...

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 04:12:19 PM »
Yeah, I'd say you were wrong, simply because if the singers follow the praise leader and you don't, it is going to bring confusion, whereas if everybody follows even if it's not what you would do, at least everyone's together and the spirit is not disrupted as much.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 04:15:24 PM »
I don't understand your problem.

Where is the GL when you need them?
The GL has noted your concern and has provided for you the following translation:

He was playing the song "Total Praise".  There's a part in the song that says "You are the source of my strength...".  The Praise Leader signalled to go to that part of the song, but apparently there was some confusion.  The musician did not want to break from where he was in the song and go to where the Praise Leader was directing him to go.

Hope I did that justice.

The frustration is certainly understandable, but that can be discussed in private rather than having a power struggle while ministering.  Just my opinion.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 04:22:49 PM »
The GL has noted your concern and has provided for you the following translation:

He was playing the song "Total Praise".  There's a part in the song that says "You are the source of my strength...".  The Praise Leader signalled to go to that part of the song, but apparently there was some confusion.  The musician did not want to break from where he was in the song and go to where the Praise Leader was directing him to go.

Hope I did that justice.

The frustration is certainly understandable, but that can be discussed in private rather than having a power struggle while ministering.  Just my opinion.

*thinking out loud*

Can you have a power struggle AND minister? Hmmmmm.........

*walks away, putting up one finger, whistlin' and  borrowing LT's Baptist cloaking device*  8)
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 04:55:31 PM »

*thinking out loud*

Can you have a power struggle AND minister? Hmmmmm.........

*walks away, putting up one finger, whistlin' and  borrowing LT's Baptist cloaking device*  8)
*insert rjthakid pic here*

No.

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 05:01:07 PM »

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 09:16:08 PM »
If you could break into that part musically when it was in the right timing. If it going to be off then keep playing til its musicially right. Otherwise the next best thing is to break and stop then let he/she bring the team in.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline bradleymoorer

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Bringing da bass in Jesus name!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/minbrad

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 09:25:24 PM »
If you are the minister of music, it is your responsibility to nulify ALL confusion. So if the praise leader tells you to move or go a different direction than you practiced, then follow the change and discuss it with them after the service is over. There is nothing worse than when the Spirit of God is falling and something breaks the atmosphere. Remember you are the M.O.M. what ever goes wrong musically, you will be held accountable for, so fix it Doctor!. Peace!
Bradley AKA Bass Monkey

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 11:26:54 PM »

Hope I did that justice.

Thanks.
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 11:28:48 PM »
If you could break into that part musically when it was in the right timing. If it going to be off then keep playing til its musicially right. Otherwise the next best thing is to break and stop then let he/she bring the team in.

Agree. If he wasn't on tempo then you should stop playing and let him come in, then you go from there.

After service tell him to work on his timing.

Offline rut

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 02:18:40 PM »
my question  is how did yall get off tempo or off the same page from the jump street
"vision to victory"

drums2keys

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 02:47:20 PM »
im sorry for taking so long but its like this. the church was going crazy  you know what i mean everyone was worshiping i started playing  total praise the worship leader looked at me and said yea  keep playing we gonna sing that aight cool but when i got to you are the source of my strength they couldnt come in thats the part he wanted them to come in to. i kept playing the whole praise team is in thier own world praising god they not ready to sing i kept playing i played the song like three times so im like im going back to the beginning i started playing the intro again lol and i got to Your peace you give me and he is yelling out "You are You are and im like no wait caus ethe whole band would have been delayed and he got tight but the whole band said i was right i just want to ask yall

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 03:24:21 PM »
im sorry for taking so long but its like this. the church was going crazy  you know what i mean everyone was worshiping i started playing  total praise the worship leader looked at me and said yea  keep playing we gonna sing that aight cool but when i got to you are the source of my strength they couldnt come in thats the part he wanted them to come in to. i kept playing the whole praise team is in thier own world praising god they not ready to sing i kept playing i played the song like three times so im like im going back to the beginning i started playing the intro again lol and i got to Your peace you give me and he is yelling out "You are You are and im like no wait caus ethe whole band would have been delayed and he got tight but the whole band said i was right i just want to ask yall
You probably were right, but being right is not always the most important thing at the moment.  In the situation you described, I keep picturing you and the praise leader squabbling over whether to come in or not, to change or not.  I don't know about other folks, but when I am worshipping the enemy uses little stuff like that to distract me.  It's better to concede even though you were right in order to cause as little distraction as possible, and then y'all can hash this out behind closed doors, without even bringing the rest of the band into it.  That way you'll squash anything that could cause division between you and him, and the other people in your music dept. won't feel compelled to take sides.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 03:39:33 PM »
You probably were right, but being right is not always the most important thing at the moment.  In the situation you described, I keep picturing you and the praise leader squabbling over whether to come in or not, to change or not.  I don't know about other folks, but when I am worshipping the enemy uses little stuff like that to distract me.  It's better to concede even though you were right in order to cause as little distraction as possible, and then y'all can hash this out behind closed doors, without even bringing the rest of the band into it.  That way you'll squash anything that could cause division between you and him, and the other people in your music dept. won't feel compelled to take sides.

Well, this thread is done.  ;) :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up