LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God moves in ways we don't understand  (Read 239 times)

Offline rennevat

• LGM Member

God moves in ways we don't understand
« on: March 13, 2007, 08:14:23 AM »
The Guy with the Donkey
Matt 21:2 - 3... Saying unto them, Go into the village over against you, and straightway ye shall find an *** tied, and a colt with her: loose them, and bring them unto me. And if any man say ought unto you, ye shall say, The Lord hath need of them; and straightway he will send them.”
Talking to some of the bible characters in heaven will be interesting. Some would like to talk to “one of the Mary’s”, others to one of the disciples. Maybe you would visit with Paul or one of the kings.
Me, I want to talk to the guy with the donkey. We don’t even know his name or what he might look like.
 All we know is what he gave.
He gave the donkey to Jesus the Sunday he entered Jerusalem.
“Go into the village over there,” Jesus said, “and you will see a donkey tied there, with its colt beside it. Untie them and bring them here.
• How did the donkey owner know that Jesus would need the donkey?
• Did you mind having the donkey taken and used?
• When you witnessed the events following, how did you feel?
• Were you proud, surprised, concerned?
•Did you know that all four gospels would tell your story?
•What was it like when you fully understood that it was God who rode your donkey?
•What did you do with the donkey after this big event?
• Have you ever felt that God wanted you to give something but you don’t do it for some reason? Then later you realized you missed the chance to make a difference in some ones life.
• Other times we know God wants us to give something but we don’t because we are too selfish, thinking we have the right not to give it.
• Then occasionally, too few times, we hear God asking and we actually follow through with the concept and feel honored that some thing we gave helped Jesus into another place or another heart.
• And still we often wonder if the little things we do really make any difference at all.
Actually all of us have a donkey. Each of us have some things in our life that if given back to God would help carry Jesus to another place. What is it that you have, a song, a hug, an idea or just a little time? Maybe you can write a big check, teach a great lesson, of take on a big project.
What ever you have to give, that is your donkey. It could be that God wants to mount your donkey to enter another city, another nation or another heart. Do you let him? Do you give the donkey? Do you hesitate?
Scripture and life are both full of little things given to a big God that made a great difference. Things like Rahab’s rope; Paul’s bucket; David’s sling; and Samson’s Jawbone.
Pick up the rod of Moses; Sniff the ointment; touch a wooden manger, examine a rough cross and pat the back of the man who helped carry the cross.
All of these were something of little significance but when given to God a mighty miracle of God followed.
Here is an example of how God moves:
1. A Sunday school teacher named Kimble led a Boson shoe clerk to Jesus named Dwight Moody:
2. Moody became an evangelist and influenced Fredrick Meyer:
3. Meyer began to Preach on college campuses and converted Wilbur Chapman:
4. Chapman became involved in the YMCA and arranged for a former baseball player named Billy Sunday to speak at a revival in Charlotte, North Carolina:
5. The revival went well so the town leaders scheduled another meeting and brought in Mordecai Hamm to preach:
6. In that revival a young man named Billy Graham yielded his life to Christ:
I am very sure a Boston Sunday School teacher had no idea what the significance of witnessing to a shoe sales man would be. By allowing God to use his donkey, he helped thousands understand salvation.
What does your donkey look like? Are you allowing the lord to take and use it?
Striving to be like Christ

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

Re: God moves in ways we don't understand
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 08:20:59 AM »
I'm gonna be honest.....I didn't take the time to read your post (and I'm sure what you wrote was probably very good and thought provoking)....because there are no

PARAGRAPHS!!  :o

As a member of the Grammar League, I gotta let you know it's so much easier on the eyes when you use

PARAGRAPHS!!

:D :D :-\
Pages: [1]   Go Up