LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THIS IS NOT A HORSE RACE!!  (Read 764 times)

Offline pianofingers21

• LGM Member

THIS IS NOT A HORSE RACE!!
« on: March 17, 2007, 09:42:32 PM »
So, Last Sunday Morning we were having an awesome worship service. I was playing/halfway leading from the Organ, and on about the 3rd song to a medley we were doing (we were on Cain't Nobody..) the assistant pastor shuts the song down after maybe the 2nd time we went through the chorus, and walks over to me and covers his mic and goes "This is NOT a horse race, SLOW DOWN! Not every single song has to be fast and upbeat".

He completely took me by surprise. Everyone had been up, and worshiping having a great time in the Lord and he just completely changes the mood.  He then changes the song lineup, and goes from Cain't nobody to Amazing Grace.  A complete turn-around. I was so shocked that it was all I could do to keep playing. My mind was definitely not on the service.

Can anyone explain to me why he would do that?  I could understand if peopel weren't feeling it, but I consider myself to be an excellent judge of mood, and how the congregation is receiving the worship service, and let me tell you, we were having a TIME.  After he changes the song lineup, people sit down and become spectators instead of worshipping.  This just confirms to me the fact that he was in the wrong. And now I'm just trying to understand.

I just don't get it.

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

Re: THIS IS NOT A HORSE RACE!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 12:17:32 AM »
Thats just how it is bro you have to follow leadership even if they are wrong sometimes. You could say he should have can after service but they got the power. There were plenty of times I have been frustrated because the pulpit changed the order of service but I just followed their follow. :P
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

Re: THIS IS NOT A HORSE RACE!!
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 08:22:12 AM »
Wow...

Been there, done that... didn't like it either...

I hate when preacher's say I don't like that music, change it... like we are supposed to read their mind and hear what they hear. At least they can sing a song or mention a song they would like to hear...

SOMETHING...

MrSparrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up