LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: True Authentic Gospel Music Will Equip You  (Read 819 times)

AP Psalmist Jackson

True Authentic Gospel Music Will Equip You
« on: March 19, 2007, 05:57:57 PM »
Saints of the Most High I am ever so delighted to bring to you the revealed Word of the Lord.  There are many words in my spirit and heart and I bring this to you. 

I bless God for the staff of PMI and I write you the UCGM congregation and those just joining us.  There is a growing concern that I have for newcomers.  Being an Apostle of Jesus Christ, I am mandated and called to bring you into maturity.  I am hear to inform you.  Teaching, evangelizing and discipleship are also ministries of the Apostle.

It is written;

11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

EPH 4:14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

This is the calling Father has chosen for me to operate in.

It is written;

EPH 2:19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

The authority I have to do this comes from God (Psalm 62:11).  You may be wondering why am I starting this sermon out as such.  I am doing this to let you know it is not me but God in me that is speaking these words to you (Matthew 10:20 & II Timothy 3:16). 

Getting into the sermon, let us first define what the term ‘gospel’ means.  Again, the above scriptures are to inform you that Apostolic ministry should mature and equip you by pointing you back to Jesus Christ by God’s Spirit.  When you hear about the way this outreach is going in the times to come, those of you spiritually mature will begin to discern this.  I always say that each Apostle of Jesus Christ has a work to present to Father.

Anything that is gospel is commonly known as good news.  You may ask yourself what is good news.  Good news is Jesus Christ!  I am really coming to you in from more than one ministry gift office because this is a powerful Word from the Lord.  I sought the Lord about the gospel and it’s meaning.  Without Jesus Christ, there is NO gospel.  Without Jesus Christ there is no MINISTRY.  Ministry just means servanthood.  It always does something to me to see those bragging about this or that ministry but I discern no selflessness.  I even told a minstrel once that in certain denominations how people run to the religious position of minister of music but if we were to really apply sound doctrine and change it to it’s proper term, Servant of Music – how many would apply to these religious vices?

The gospel is the emmaculate conception, birth, life, death, burial, resurrection and soon return of the Lord Jesus Christ.  With that being clearly defined, let’s add the servanthood to this.

It is written;

MT 16:24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

We want to absorb this doctrine fully by faith in the name of Jesus.  We can preach right there.  So then if something is truly gospel and GOOD news, it must bring glory and honor to Jesus Christ and not that thing or person.  Then a cross must be taken up.  That cross cannot be one’s own agenda but the cross of Christ. 

That cross is;

ISA 53:3 He was despised and rejected by men,
    a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.
  Like one from whom men hide their faces
    he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

ISA 53:4 Surely he took up our infirmities
    and carried our sorrows,
  yet we considered him stricken by God,
    smitten by him, and afflicted.

ISA 53:5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
    he was crushed for our iniquities;
  the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,
    and by his wounds we are healed.

In addition to what we’ve just learned we now have being despised and rejected by men, sorrowful with grief, suffering much (Galatians 5:22-23), pierced for someone else’s transgressions, crushed for someone else’s iniquities and you can read the rest.  You may say that I am putting things upon you but I am not.  I boldly confess that I am open to correction and that I know nothing except by the revelation of the Holy Ghost!  I am human and prone to error.  I am just a servant doing my Father’s bidding by faith! 

With that, let’s go into servanthood and then discipleship.  All of this falls under gospel because without Jesus Christ there is NO gospel or good news.  Glory be to God.  I am loving this Word aren’t you?

It is written;

MK 10:41 When the ten heard about this, they became indignant with James and John. 42 Jesus called them together and said, "You know that those who are regarded as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. 43 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant, 44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

So you see that servanthood is a vital part of anything that is gospel.  How many are willing to serve their own agenda and motivation?  Do not be deceived saints of God, those that bring glory and honor to themselves and feed their own bellies really aren’t of Father.  They are of the devil!

It is written;

JN 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well.

The three are one!  There is perfect unity and symmetry in God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.  You may ask what is a disciple.  A disciple is one who is well verse in one’s teachings.  They eat, live and breath the very spirit of their teacher.  Father is revealing in me the difference between a Prophet and a disciple of Jesus Christ.  There is a vast difference and one day I pray that I will preach this to you. 

Let’s go back and review some for we have covered much meat just in these few lines.  We haven’t even began to touch on the music YET.  I am really loving this Word and it has been in my heart for quite some time.  I just love the way Father is breaking me and imparting His wisdom and knowledge unto us.

I was watching a secular entertainment show hoping to be entertained and the Lord used this to minister to me.  Glory be to God!  There was a man in prison and on death row and he was talking to himself just right before the execution.  Even though this was television and meant to entertain, I heard the character state that even he knew that if he really wanted the Lord Jesus that he was going to have to give something up.  Glory be to God.  I love the hymn that states Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe.  We don’t work for salvation but rather because we love Christ (John 21:15-17) is why we do as we do.

It is written;

MT 10:37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38 and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

Now, if you are really going to love the Lord Jesus Christ and do anything gospel then you’re doing to have to die to self and take on Christ’s agenda.  I identify everyday that this outreach is not my ministry but rather the perfected ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ through and in me (I Corinthians 6:19-20).  Glory be to God. 

If you have any plans on having your cake and eating it to then you’re not filled or seeking the true gospel of Jesus Christ.  You may be contemplating the gospel of yourself and to your own end but not unto Holiness (Hebrews 12:14).

Are you willing to lay down your golden crown for the Lord Jesus? Are you ready to lose your plans, personal aspirations, family and livelihood for the Lord Jesus Christ?  This doctrine that purports that we shouldn’t have to lose anything because Christ has already done it is a lie straight from the pit of hell!  Simply put, if want to be at work at 8AM then most likely you have to get up before then to get there.  It costs you something to be at work for 8AM.  Likewise, it costs you something to walk with Christ.  If you perhaps think that it shouldn’t, then you don’t have the revelation that Jesus Christ IS Lord.  This is by revelation.  I’ve asked Father God to reveal to me that Jesus Christ IS Lord.  I wanted that personal revelation and Father is doing it in me and I tell you from personal experience there’s nothing like it.  Glory be to God. 

Getting into what a disciple is, looking at the scripture;

26 "If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters--yes, even his own life--he cannot be my disciple. 27 And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple.

LK 14:28 "Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost to see if he has enough money to complete it? 29 For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, 30 saying, `This fellow began to build and was not able to finish.'

LK 14:31 "Or suppose a king is about to go to war against another king. Will he not first sit down and consider whether he is able with ten thousand men to oppose the one coming against him with twenty thousand? 32 If he is not able, he will send a delegation while the other is still a long way off and will ask for terms of peace. 33 In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.

Now before you get to sending me the emails and FAX, Christ is not a hate monger.  The revelation of this is that when you say you are a disciple of Christ, then this means that you are CALLED and CHOSEN to have a relationship with the Lord.  Father God does this choosing.

It is written;

MT 22:14 "For many are invited, but few are chosen."

JN 3:27 To this John replied, "A man can receive only what is given him from heaven.

16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things--and the things that are not--to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord."

I am readily identifying daily that God chose me and now I have the privilege of choosing Him.  Glory be to God.  I just want you to get sound doctrine saints of God from God’s Word.  I don’t purport my own VVABs and ideologies but God’s.  This is why I am putting scripture as the Holy Spirit leads me so you can go back and read these things for yourself. 

What Jesus is saying in the passages about being a disciple is that one should count the cost be ready to face much opposition from even a spouse or immediate family.  I’m hear to reveal to you saints of God, the closer you walk with the Lord the more the world is going to hate you.  You may desire to hold on to flesh or those emotional and psychological strongholds but if the Lord has chosen you then those things will be taken from you.  I was reading in Ezekiel how even this great Prophet lost a spouse.  Walking with the Lord  comes with a price.  It is never dull, but yet comes with a tremendous price.

I look at those who start out on fire walking with the Lord but do they stay with the Lord? 

It is written;

ECC 9:11 I have seen something else under the sun:

The race is not to the swift
    or the battle to the strong,
  nor does food come to the wise
    or wealth to the brilliant
    or favor to the learned;
  but time and chance happen to them all.

This is why I do so much and live for Christ TODAY (John 9:4).  Many say they are working for Jesus but they are inwardly working for their own gain.

It is written;

ISA 29:13 The Lord says:

"These people come near to me with their mouth
    and honor me with their lips,
    but their hearts are far from me.
  Their worship of me
    is made up only of rules taught by men.

The Word of God tells us to not be slaves to men (I Corinthians 7:23) but unto Christ.  Christ has set us free (John 8:36)!

All of this falls under GOSPEL.  Now that we know these things about the term GOSPEL and all that it entails, it still is something that must be practiced daily and lived (Romans 1:17), not just spoken.  You’ve got to practice this daily so that it becomes your lifestyle.  Christ’s agenda that you’re doing.  Not your will but the Lord’s will.  Even Christ bowed and took on Father’s will;

42 "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."

One of these times I’m going to preach/teach in depth on the term gospel.  Now let’s talk about music.  This is something that goes on and on but I will try to condense these things into something we can understand. 

It is written;

19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

It is difficult to remain silent on this because I want to go into true praise and worship revelation.  However, I will stay within the confines of this teaching.  We’re speaking of gospel music so this music must bring glory to God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.  With everything we know so far within the parameters of this teaching, gospel music must have the foundation (Ephesians 2:20) of Jesus Christ. 

Again, I will try to resist going into how to discern the vessel pouring forth the gospel music.  That is the job of the Holy Spirit to bring about this revelation.  My spirit is just so full with this message.  My heart is full of God’s Word as well.  When you are born again of God’s Spirit, the Holy Spirit brings about revelation of the things of God.  No one can impart or teach you that for these are spiritually discerned and revealed by Father God. 

However, we can go into the equipping.  Being an Apostolic and Prophetic Psalmist really brings me to some deep places in God’s Word.  It is God’s Spirit that translates me to such places that I may impart and reveal to you the things of God.  It is my ongoing prayer that you will be brought into maturity by the ministry of the Holy Spirit in, on and through my life in Jesus name.  Glory be to God. 

Let’s tie it together.  What did Jesus do His thirty-three years here?  He taught, healed, delivered and ministered.  This is what Jesus did;

ISA 61:1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
    because the LORD has anointed me
    to preach good news to the poor.
  He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
    to proclaim freedom for the captives
    and release from darkness for the prisoners,

ISA 61:2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
    and the day of vengeance of our God,
  to comfort all who mourn,

ISA 61:3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion--
  to bestow on them a crown of beauty
    instead of ashes,
  the oil of gladness
    instead of mourning,
  and a garment of praise
    instead of a spirit of despair.
  They will be called oaks of righteousness,
    a planting of the LORD
    for the display of his splendor.

We’re getting into the Spirit of the Lord with these things.  Saints, I will personally share with you that if you want the power to live right, love your enemies, talk right and be Holy then ask God to endow you with the Spirit of the Lord.  You will do MUCH (Acts 1:8)

It is safe to say that Jesus EQUIPPED.  Are you getting this Holy Ghost connection now?  There’s only so far that this vessel can bring you.  You’ve got to have desire and will to digest the deep things of the Lord.  You’ve got to be born again (John 3:3-7)!  It is the ministry of the Holy Spirit to reveal and impart in you God’s truths.  You’ve got to have an ear to hear what the Spirit is saying, a heart to receive them and likewise the will to obey Him fully.  Again, this message is meant to inform you just that gospel music is and what it ideally should be doing.

Now this is where the heart of the vessel ministering gospel music or the writer’s personal relationship with the Lord comes into view.  First of all, we have no power outside of God’s provision and will (Psalm 62:11).  The anointing, calling, gifts all belong to God! They are His.  Since they belong to Him then we’ve got to walk worthy in order to operate in them (Ephesians 4:1).  I go about daily confessing the Lord this and the Lord that only to find that Father chooses, in some instances, to work through human agency.  There are things that He sovereignly does that are mysteries to mankind.  However,  since we’re using Jesus as our model – Jesus did much work through relationship.  This is the great part about God in that He teaches that we should love one another.  What is the hallmark of a disciple of Christ?

It is written;

JN 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

JN 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.

The MAJOR COMMAND we hear all through God’s Holy Word is that we love another.  The love of God is by faith (Hebrews 11:6).  The love of God is by faith and not by feelings.  I was just confessing yesterday how when someone offends me that my feelings are horrible at that moment but I declare that I’m wonderful in Jesus name.  Does that mean I’m not experiencing horrible thoughts because of my feelings, no – it means that I am speak life and faith onto myself about where Father is about to bring me.  That may sound strange to some but Father revealed that to me a few weeks ago.  When someone slaps you in the face you’re not going to say “WOW, would ya please do that again because it brings me so much closer to the Holy Ghost”  However, make it a practice to forgive THEN by faith and decree over yourself that you are fine in Jesus name.  This is faith!  The point being is that even the love of God is by faith and not feelings.  Your feelings are not your faith! 

I pray that you have the proper foundation of this before I go any further.  We’ve gotten some meat under our belts and now let’s delve in closer to what is means to be equipped.  Since Jesus shows us the way daily by the gentle leading of the Holy Spirit (Psalm 23:2), we see that Christ did much TEACHING.  When one is singing “gospel” music then one should be MINISTERING God’s Word about those seven aspects of Christ.  If one is as disciple of Christ, then they are going to confess Christ through the music.  Gospel music ideally should be not glorifying the struggles, day to day temptations, the works of the enemy or flesh but glorifying the blessed Trinity!  How can one know Jesus without knowing God?  How can one know God without knowing His Spirit? 

I was talking with someone the other day and they were disturbed that I talked to fluently about Father.  They said that I made no mention of Jesus.  This didn’t vex me but I immediately discerned that this person wasn’t in the Spirit.  If they had been in the Spirit then they would have discerned who Father was.  Does this mean this person isn’t saved, no – it just means that the three are one.  This has to be revealed and imparted because it is too wonderful for mere human words to convey.  Just ask Father for the revelation of this in Jesus name. 

Many times I hear things by Father’s Spirit as I am a Psalmist.  Psalmist’s are called to minister unto God and then as Father releases us we minister accordingly.  One of the things I discern so much is the absence of the revelation of praise and worship in the body of Christ.  What many called a spirited service is nothing more than the soul getting a good emotional work out.  You tell that to many that are bound by the demon of religion and the tradition of man and they will want to do bodily harm to you.  How do I know this – for I was once there until the Lord delivered me from such unjust places.  Glory be to God.  Modern teachings tell us the soul is the mind, will and emotions.  A day doesn’t go by when I’m not discerning something from the soul.  Many think this it the Holy Spirit but it is not.  It is from their own heart, imagination or soul.

It is written;

23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth."

One can’t worship from their soul.  Many are trying to worship from their soul and you can’t.  The Word of God clearly states this must be done in spirit by the Spirit.  Remember, who knows best Father than His Spirit?

It is written;

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.

The perfect worship leader is not a vessel but the Holy Spirit!  Father revealed this to me many years ago.  Who knows best how to lead true worship other than the Holy Spirit. Now I know that according to the traditions of men, congregations pay persons large sums of money to be the worship leader.  Why do they fail?  They fail because they are not the Holy Spirit.  One of the things a Psalmist does is glorify God through ministering unto Father and thus releasing the Holy Spirit.  Psalmist’s acutely know that when they minister they are ministering unto Father’s needs not their needs or man’s needs.  People that are mature and worshippers see this outpouring and they want to worship as well.  It is not because the Psalmist has any special gifting.  The Psalmist knows Father and adores Father.  So then worship speaks of relationship!

We’re getting into some deep things already but this message is purely coming from the Holy Spirit.  Many times the Holy Spirit is likened unto water.  There is even a gospel song named “Cooling Water.”  I didn’t get the revelation about it until this morning.  Thank You Jesus.  We will even go into a few of gospel songs just to exemplify this sermon.  We are not here to bash anyone or any writer but rather just imparting the Holy Spirit and revealing ultimately what gospel music should be doing. 

Let’s look at how the spirit of error creeps into “gospel” music. 

It is written;

COL 1:9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. 10 And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11 being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully 12 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

2 My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, 3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 4 I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.   

I realize that this is a tremendous Word from the Lord and it seems to go on and on but I will not preaching/teaching until I’ve emptied my cup into you all regarding this.  When one is mature in the Lord, you can never have enough Jesus.  Another thing that true authentic gospel music should do is liberate you (II Corinthians 3:17).  However, we are not talking about the aspects of gospel music just highlighting that it should equip you.  How then can you be equipped if you are not first liberated?  This goes back to the Spirit of the Lord.  Who is the Lord?  The Lord is Jesus Christ.  Again, this is a mystery.  It is by revelation that we know that Jesus Christ is Lord! 

It is not enough to just know these things saints, but we must live them and exemplify (I Timothy 4:12) these principles of God.  We’ve got to apply God’s Word and make it practical in our lives daily.  Many of that Jesus is Lord but their lifestyles make a mockey of their statements.  They take the name of the Lord in vain!  Don’t let this happen to you my friend. 

What I pray you get from this teaching is that the term gospel is really compound.  It has those seven aspects of Jesus Christ, the anointed one and His anointing, enduring the things Christ endured and also equip you.  As a small child, I heard “gospel” music.  The music was anointed because the anointing flowed from those vessel’s lives. They were in touch with the Master.  They KNEW Him and He knew THEM.  Again, relationship.  I learned much about the Trinity, the three-fold nature of man, spiritual warfare, the Word of God, the kingdom of God.  You see saints, I was being equipped!

I’m not on a soapbox ridiculing anyone or anything, but when’s the last time you’ve put on gospel music and it has educated and equipped you?  More than likely is may have entertained you.  Many times I go into the spirit and see monkeys sitting in chairs when I listen to what is misnomered “gospel” music.  I’ve prayed and sought the Lord about these revelations and Father so kindly sends along His servants to confirm and reveal to me just what I’ve seen.  Glory be to God.  I know this sounds strange to you saints of God but Father is tearing down those strongholds in my soul that hinder me.  They cause me to care what other people’s opinion about me.  I thank You Jesus that they are being torn away.  I preach from the Spirit (Matthew 10:27).

Another means of equipping you through gospel music is coming in contact with the apostolic, prophetic, evangelical, pastoral and rabbinical Spirit of Christ (Ephesians 4:11-16).  The 5-Fold are the impartation of Christ!  This is the main thrust of equipping you.  In just the last few days I have been really seeing what it means to be led of the Holy Spirit.  Being led of the Holy Spirit and full of Holy Spirit will bring you into a place with Father that many do not comprehend nor can they because these things are spiritually discerned.  Those practicing carnality or unrighteousness will not get this revelation until they have cast down their golden crowns and put away their foolishness. 

Let’s look and see that the dictionary’s meaning of equip is;

e•quip(¹-kw¹p“)
 tr.v. e•quipped e•quip•ping e•quips
1. a. To supply with necessities such as provisions.
b. To furnish with the qualities necessary for performance.
2. To dress up.

Now this is a secular source and we denounce the prideful spirit behind the term performance in Jesus name.  We will use the spiritual term endurance in it’s place.  Again, one of the ministries of the Apostle of Jesus Christ is evangelism. 

It is written;

MT 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.

Christ told Peter three times to feed His sheep.  How can I say that I love Father or even profess to say that I love you and not give you God’s Holy Word?  Father God has chosen me to inform and equip you through this teaching.

It is written;

15 Then I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will lead you with knowledge and understanding.

2 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

I full of Holy Spirit as I scribe this sermon to you.  Father is raising the Apostolic and Prophetic Psalmist in me as well.  I say that just to reveal that Father is bringing forth the Prophetic Judge within me to share some of these deep hidden things to you all.  Feast on the Word of the Lord.  I’ve got to tell it in and out of season (Romans 10:14-15).

I will use as an illustration this “gospel” song.  The words are;

Victory is mine
Victory today is mine
I told satan get thee behind
Victory today is mine

These words are true and I have been blessed by the Spirit of the Lord inhabiting the praise I send up to Him.  I speak not condemningly but the truth in love! 

It is written;

RO 8:26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.

Father knows the pitfalls of the human heart and the flesh.  This is why Jesus sent the Helper, the Holy Spirit.  I know this tremendous Word seems bulky to some but there is a lot of meat here that Father desires to speak in our spirits.  Just know that when we belong to Father God you are NOT condemned (Romans 8:1). I know that if I were reading this message and I was a newborn or I thought I had it together because I deem myself a slickster, then I would think someone is talking down to me.  However, the Spirit brings life and I know that you are discerning the Holy Spirit in this message.

In allowing the Holy Spirit to reveal the spirit of error in that song, let’s see what OUR victory through Christ Jesus really is.  This just popped in my spirit a few hours ago.

It is written;

1JN 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well. 2 This is how we know that we love the children of God: by loving God and carrying out his commands. 3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5 Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

The victory that overcomes the world is our FAITH.  What is faith?  Faith is the Word of God.  How do get faith? By hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).  This is why God raises up Himself servants to proclaim the gospel.  I pray you’re getting this in your spirit.  Are you making the connection now?  GOSPEL, proclaiming, JESUS CHRIST.  Glory be to God.  Christ means Anointed One and His Anointing.  Do you see the connection with Isaiah 61:1-3 now?

It is written;

MT 3:16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

Saints this is a very powerful Word from the Lord.  Anything to do with Jesus has to do with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit.  Jesus was filled with the Spirit of God once He was baptized.  I will not go into the depth of baptism in the Holy Spirit or by water right now but just enough to know that true power comes from the Holy Spirit.  Remember that God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are all one.  Again, this is how true gospel music will equip you.  When you have have endowed with the power of God, you are equipped. 

I listen at vessels who speak so religiously about doing things for the Lord and they speak so ferverently but there is no power to overcome, live right, talk right and pray right coming forth from them or from the songs they do.  I know by now that you are getting this in your spirit very well.  I will not solely try to talk about music and the different individualities but rather stay in the parameters of this text.

Now, good news uplifts you and gets you to feeling better.  However, music that speaks solely to the soul but does not impart to you the life giving Holy Spirit and how to maintain BEING better, it truly not gospel music.  I don’t attack “artists” or “songwriters” by any means.  I am careful to speak those terms that are found in the Bible.  I never read in God’s Holy Word where He said for us to be artistic for He is artistic.

It is written;

16 for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

Holy means set apart.  Now if we are set apart then that means that this world is not our home.  This also means that there should be a difference in gospel music altogether than any other music.  I heard a Pastor speak and say that the church is trying to be like the world and that is one problem.  I heard a Reverend say that God saved us to denounce the ways of the world, not be like them.  Both of these statements are true.  I even heard some recordings that some “gospel” people made and they were speaking like the carnal worldly people they are.  See, the heart doesn’t lie.  What’s in you will come out of you.  Do you now why the analogy of being heated like metal unto purification is taught on?  When a refinery wants to get the best metal, it is heated up because the impurities come out and are swept away.  The impurities are called slag.  I pose this question to everyone and even myself;  When you’re heated up what comes up out of you?

It is written;

MK 7:14 Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. 15 Nothing outside a man can make him `unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him `unclean.' "

Just kind of touching on a few other related things, I heard entertainer that do gospel music also saying that they give god glory and that he’s first.  Notice that I did not capitalize either of those names.

It is written;

4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 5

This is the Word of the Lord and it clearly states that the god of this age, satan, has blinded the unbelievers.  The people that clap and accept these lies are other unbelievers because in the kingdom of darkness, deception is the forte.  It is “politically correct” to say that god is first.  Look who their god is;  mammon, satan, money.  These people’s lifestyles reveal who they really serve.  However, the reason I bring this up to you is just to reinforce not to listen to what they say but to see what they do.

It is written;

1JN 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

You’ve heard me proclaim this over and over in this outreach about this.  It was in my spirit yesterday to mention to you that these sermons are cumulative and that you’ve really got to be in the flow to really grasp what the Spirit is saying. 

It is written;

MT 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

MT 7:15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17 Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

MT 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23 Then I will tell them plainly, `I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

MT 7:24 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

Now the next line of scripture goes on to tell us that Jesus taught with authority.  Jesus’s authority comes from God the Father.  Remember they all are one.  Again, I know we’ve jumped into some deep things here but I believe they are not so deep wherein you cannot understand them.  When Father speaks through His servants, He speaks plainly so that who ever He intended it to go to will receive it (Isaiah 55:11). 

As His servant, it is for me to obey and proclaim His immutable Word.  So much of what is in me also desires to get into discerning the religious spirit and the demon of religion but I will wait until clearance from Father.  This is already a lot of meat.  Father really wanted me to address you all on this matter so that you can get sound doctrine and His Word.  I always have a saying that some of the captives actually want to be free. For those that don’t want to remain bound, Father sends His servants to preach and teach His Word so that the captives can be free, if they so desire.

Which brings me to the next point – those things in Isaiah 61:1-3.  I’ve seen people say they were called of the Lord but never really announce what that is.  Some are even cunning enough to produce scripture but realistically they never fully walk in that which comes from their mouth..  If you really allow the Holy Spirit to reveal things to you – you will discern that these people do these things to glorify themselves.  Full of pride and having more zeal than wisdom of the Holy One.  Jesus ALWAYS brought attention to Father.  These wicked ones bring attention to themselves. 

One more final aspect to JESUS CHRIST is the anointing.  Again, Christ means Anointed One and His Anointing.  This is not to be confused with the term Christian.  Many profess and take the name Christian but do not take on Christ’s identity.  Either they are not taught this or they refuse to truly accept Him as their personal Lord and savior.  In addition to the things we’ve learned throughout this sermon, we now add the anointing.  After all, no Jesus then there is no gospel.  Yet we hear so many labeling what they do as gospel but there is no anointing.  Let’s see what the anointing is.

It is written;

Isa 10:27 And it shall come to pass in that day, that his burden shall be taken away from off thy shoulder, and his yoke from off thy neck, and the yoke shall be destroyed because of the anointing.

How many yokes are being destroyed and burdens are being removed when you experiece gospel music?  I say this as fact, many times I’ve been in services where people have gotten loaded up with demons rather than them being cast out of them.

It is written;

Mt 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.
 25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:
 26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?
 27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.
 28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
 29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.
 30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
 31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
 33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.
 34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
 35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
 36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Now this is a bit in depth but I am just flowing in Father’s Spirit.  The key here is that the devil can’t cast out the devil!  This is where the vessel is brought into view.  Jesus was Holy!  We know that Jesus paid the price for us and that we are not Him, but we should desire to be more and more like Christ everyday.  Jesus shows that we CAN live Holy and walk in the fullness of the Holy Spirit.  What ever was binding us so that we could not choose life, Jesus tore that away so that we can choose life and live!  It’s your choice (Joshua 24:15). 

In closing, you can see that this Word from the Lord has truly equipped you.  It is the gospel!  It did not come from me nor did it originate from within me.  Rather it is being revealed in me as I scribe this message to you letter by letter.  The point being is that we need to know true sound doctrine that liberates us and brings us life.  This message has been three days in the coming forth.  It is time for review that we may bring this powerful Word from the Lord to a close for now.

We know that gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ.  Jesus Christ is a mystery (Ephesians 3.4).  Jesus means savior.  Any ‘gospel music’ should be pointing us towards true salvation by the blood of the lamb!  Christ means Anointed One and His Anointing.  The anointing removes burdens and destroys yokes.  Gospel music should take on the form of this by having an anointing from the Holy One, not the vessel!  The anointing has to reside in someone (I Corinthians 6:19).  Jesus was despised and rejected of men.  He was a man of sorrow’s acquainted with grief, wounded for our transgressions and bruised for our iniquities.  We are not better than Him (Luke 6:40) and should also walk worthy Acts 5:41 & Ephesians 4:1) of these sufferings.  Jesus is the anointing. 

I will take a break here and reveal that the Word of God is very clear about music.

It is written;

1Ch 25:7 So the number of them, with their brethren that were instructed in the songs of the LORD, even all that were cunning, was two hundred fourscore and eight.

Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

So then the Word of God tells us specifically what true gospel music is!  If you want the blessing of the Lord then you must obey (I Samuel 15:22).  Father doesn’t give instructions to be mean but rather because He loves us.  Father isn’t being restrictive but rather liberal, extremely liberal.  You must admit that it takes love to put up with the things that humans do and not send a thunderbolt to wipe out all of existence.  Even the world knows this saints, so who are we to take for granted Father’s love?  Glory be to God. 

Notice that in Chronicles it says cunning and in the two chapters from the New Testament the term LORD is used.  I am getting big time revelation about this.

Continuing with the closing, Jesus did nothing until He was filled with the Holy Spirit.  The evidence of the Holy Spirit is POWER and not speaking in tongues.  I’ve heard people erroneously say that tongues are a sign of the Holy Spirit.  I won’t get into this but according to Acts 1:8, the evidence is power.  One sign can be the cloven tongues of fire or divers tongues but the EVIDENCE is power.  Don’t substitute a sign for evidence.

It is written;

Mt 16:4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

Saints, don’t go around looking for something when you can know God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit by faith!  I heard someone actually go around looking for tongues as a sign.  Don’t get me wrong, I used to do this as well but then Father began revealing to me that demons speak in tongues as well.  Show me tongues by the Holy Spirit and I will show you a vessel yielded unto God and a worshipper.  Father is pouring out His Spirit upon all flesh but all of that flesh isn’t saved by the blood of the lamb.  The Word didn’t say that all this flesh was saved flesh.  So don’t get caught up that you’re hearing the Lord speak from an unyielded vessel.  We forget so soon that the Lord made an *** talk!

It is written;

Nu 22:28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ***, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

The Lord can open the mouth of the ***.  You see God is the God of all flesh (Jeremiah 32:27).

It is written;

1Ki 22:19 And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.
 20 And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner.
 21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him.
 22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
 23 Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.
 24 But Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah went near, and smote Micaiah on the cheek, and said, Which way went the Spirit of the LORD from me to speak unto thee?
 25 And Micaiah said, Behold, thou shalt see in that day, when thou shalt go into an inner chamber to hide thyself.

Everything, everyone, everywhere is subject to the Lord!  There is nothing , no one, none hidden from Him (II Chronicles 16:9). 

Although the Lord says to play skillfully (Psalm 33:3), by who’s skill is this?  It should be by the skill of the Holy Spirit.  There’s nothing wrong with honing one’s gift but it’s really in the hands of God.  These songs should be of the Lord and by the Holy Spirit.  Now that is true gospel music.

It is written;

Ac 4:13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

Here were two Apostles of Jesus Christ.  Saints, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to recognize Jesus, the Holy Spirit and a personal life changing relationship with God!  Don’t be confused.  Demons know those who have a personal relationship with the Lord for it will show (Phillipians 2:11). 

The Holy Ghost brings boldness.  Those two Apostles hadn’t been to fine conservatories but they KNEW Jesus.  Don’t be fooled, it takes Jesus to make it saints of God. 

I read somewhere that musicians are spiritual gatekeepers.  The only thing I say to this is that one will transmit and impart the spirit that is upon them.  Not everyone will manifest signs and wonders but true authentic gospel music should impart the Holy Spirit. 

Concluding, gospel music should impart the Spirit of the Lord which will preach glad tidings, bind up the brokenhearted, proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to those that are bound.  How many gospel people do you know that even do this?  Gospel music should also proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, the day of vengeance of the Lord, comforting those that mourn, appoint them that morn in Zion, give beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning and the garment of praise for heaviness.  This is so they will be called tress of righteousness, planting of the Lord that He might be glorified.

I can discern right now that I will be coming back opening this up.  I will truly close out this sermon with this scripture;

1Co 14:15 ¶ What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

Just know that to sing gospel music encompasses all these things but we should always SING with the understanding.  I pray this tremendous Word from the Lord has brought to you just a fuller understanding of what it means by gospel music. 

Know that I love you and will look forward to hearing from you soon!
Pages: [1]   Go Up