LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Once Saved Always Saved?  (Read 749 times)

AP Psalmist Jackson

Once Saved Always Saved?
« on: March 19, 2007, 05:59:39 PM »
Glory be to God   This is Pastor coming to you with some meat of the Word.  I've been
personally dealing with some tough issues in myself and in the body of Christ.  I know that I am
saved by grace through faith;

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Salvation is a gift of God.  Just like anything else when God gives it, then it must be maintained.
This is a kingdom AND life principle.  You starve anything and it will die.  If you receive an
automobile as a gift yet you fail to keep the TTL, upkeep and gas in it chances are that you will
most likely loose it   The same with any gift from God.  I am not teaching the false doctrine of
losing your salvation but what I am exposing here is sensitive information and please stay in the
Spirit of God to hear what He is saying.  This is not my message but one from directly from the
Lord.

Ps 69:28 Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.

Now for you Bible buffs who say that Pastor is taking scripture out of context, I've got news for
you. I asked the Lord one SUN morning about being in context and He told me this;  Son, when
was I ever in context?   See, we try to box the Lord into our finite minds and we can't.  His
thoughts aren't our thoughts and His ways aren't our ways (Isaiah 55:8).  I learned very quickly
that God is sovereign and He can do what ever He pleases, how He pleases and in what
quantities. 

Pastor knows that he's saved because the Lord constantly tells me this daily.  Had it not been for
the Holy Spirit confirming and reaffirming that I am saved, blood bought, Holy Ghost baptized
then I would not know that I am saved.  Somebody will get that in a minute   See, we're not that
good to know this or that.  Our thoughts are thoughts of vanity (Psalm 94:11).  To know
anything by faith is to know, live and study the Word of God.  If you want to KNOW anything
about God then you've got to read the Word of God (Romans 10:17).  Let's consider how God
tells us we're saved;

Ps 40:5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy
thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare
and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

Ps 139:17  How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God  how great is the sum of them 

So you see my friend that it takes God to believe God   I once asked the Lord how could He love
someone like me in my wretchedness.  He simply told me that when He looks down from Heaven
and looks upon me that He sees Himself.  It takes God to love God.  It takes God to understand
God.  We have nothing to boast or brag about.  It's all God.  Let's go on further.

I looked at the life of a backslidden person, not in judgement or condemnation, and that person
professed to be saved in 1993.  Here is it at the start of 2003 and that person doesn't know if they
are saved.  Just because you accepted him a decade ago doesn't mean you're still His.  Now, this
message isn't about salvation.  I'm not going to open a can of worms here.  There is a teaching in
the body of Christ that says  once saved always saved.   I've noticed from years of ministry that
the only ones who say such foolishness are those that are trying to convince themselves that they
are saved and yet they practice works of the flesh, ungodliness and much wickedness.  A true
saint or matured child of God knows that one needs to stay before the throne daily.  You have to
ask yourself the question seriously that if you are saying these false doctrine were you really ever
saved to begin with.  Salvation is an ongoing process, contrary to popular belief.  It's not a one
time thank you ma'am thing.  It's much the same as saying that you'll create a baby, birth it and
then just go on about your business.  Well my friends if you do that then chances are you'll be
imprisoned because you allowed that gift from God to die of neglect.  One has to be sincere when
they accept Jesus Christ as their Lord, savior and master.  You've got to STAY before the throne
daily in prayer.

Php 2:12  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but
now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Here's that famous duo again; faith/works.  I got into an argument one time with someone about
this and this person just happened to be backslidden.  I wasn't understanding that this person truly
couldn't hear what the Spirit was saying because of their state of mind and spiritual condition.
The works that the Spirit is talking about are the works unto salvation, works unto the kingdom
of God, works that please the Lord.  For example, you can commence to do any work in Jesus
name or for Jesus but what is the condition of your heart?  It will eventually show up in your
works.  The heart doesn't lie. 

Mt 12:35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an
evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

Mt 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

So you see that where ever your heart is that is where your treasure is   It will show up in your
lifestyle, your walk, your talk and every part of you. 

Contrary to popular belief, there is a sharp contrast between the saved person and the person that
isn't saved.  There's a world of difference ( II Corinthians 6:14).  The unsaved person thinks on
selfishness, things of the flesh and how they can run a  game  or get over on someone else.  I'm
kind of touching into issues of the heart whereby we all struggle with this but I'm highlighting
some specific things here.  The purpose of this message is for you to think and make a decision
today who you're going to serve.  It's either going to be God or the devil.  It's your
choice(Joshua 24:15).

Mt 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else
he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Choose ye this day whom you're going to serve. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up