LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need lessons  (Read 732 times)

Offline biggmark

• LGM Member

need lessons
« on: March 18, 2007, 01:48:06 PM »
Hello all,

I am new to this site and I have been playing crums for about 8- 1/2 months. Can some one tell us me where I can get Lesson to improve quickly. I need to improve on using my left hand, and prevent my self from doing to much. So if your out there can you please tell me where I can get lessons either thru ente net or thru lessons. Or can it be that I do not pratice enough I pratice probably 1-2 time per week.  Let me know ASAP as I am looking for rapid improvment.

Offline 28MILTONS

• LGM Member

Re: need lessons
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 02:13:03 PM »
Welcome to LGM. 

Offline shall176

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.angiehallmusic.com
    • AngieHallMusic

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 08:05:31 AM »
Check out your local music store...they may have some contacts that teach...or contactthe music department of a university.  They may have a student who is willing to teach on the side....other than that...invest in some DVD's or books and work your way through them.  Nothing beats a good live teacher though.
Check it out...
http://www.angiehallmusic.com
& follow @angiehallmusic  on twitter

JFunky

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 08:09:10 AM »
...okay man, you have to get the "Rapid Improvement" way of thinking and throw it away.  It doesn't work like that.  We don't have microwaves and we don't allow that and teachers don't like that either.  This isn't a competition.  This is a process.  Now with that stated....

#1.  Practice at "least" 30 - 45 min. a day to about 1 hr to 2 max.  (Make a schedule)

#2.  Work on your weaknesses and learn new and challenging things.  Also, please listen to music and your surroundings while your playing.  Don't go on stage or church and throw in every lick you've worked on in the past week on a Worship Song.  That'll give you the wrong attention. 

...if you want to get with a teacher, by all means do it.  As a matter of fact, do it.     

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 08:22:37 AM »
Ummm...what are crums and how do you play them?

B_XALTED

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 12:06:22 PM »

I was about to say the same thing... LOL.... Shame on you ER... LOL.

B_XALTED

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 12:19:17 PM »
Hello all,

I am new to this site and I have been playing crums for about 8- 1/2 months. Can some one tell us me where I can get Lesson to improve quickly. I need to improve on using my left hand, and prevent my self from doing to much. So if your out there can you please tell me where I can get lessons either thru ente net or thru lessons. Or can it be that I do not pratice enough I pratice probably 1-2 time per week.  Let me know ASAP as I am looking for rapid improvment.

I agree with JFunky on this as well.

I used to have the mind set that I WANT IT AND I WANT IT RIGHT NOW... But it is a process that is best worked through slowly.

The first thing that I had to teach myself was discipline. If you dont have the disciplined attitude, and willingness to go through the process of learning the craft, then you will never grow into being a drummer. Or musician. You will merely be that dude that can play.

As a child, learning how to read took time. It took brain work, and patience to trust the ENTIRE process. Drumming is the same way.

I encourage you to stick around this site. JFunky, ER, BEATBOXERS and so many others can point you in the right direction. But trust that it is a direction that leads you to an outcome of massive proportions. Invest in those DVDs, books, and lessons. LISTEN, HEED directions, and trust the process.

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 03:49:46 PM »

Man that's just wrong you knew what he was sayin'..lol... If crums are a new Instrument I need to learn how to play them too..!!!. ;D
Richard

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 01:21:16 PM »
Hello all,

You should practice everyday at least 1 hr. At least 5 days a week. 6 even better.
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker
Pages: [1]   Go Up