LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "why can't my talent(gift) match my annoiting?"  (Read 4399 times)

Offline rut

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

"why can't my talent(gift) match my annoiting?"
« on: March 22, 2007, 06:55:05 PM »
Dear LGM family,
if you notice I ask a lot of questionS on this sight because I am  eager to know, learn, and grow. My question is why cant my talent match my annointing?. Let me put it this way. members, pastors, prohpets, and prophetess tell me all the time that I am annoited and different things. But why can'y my piano ability match my annionted. I am a intermediate piano player but it like  i know what i want the music to sound like but when i'm sing or ministring through song I don't know how or what to play. How do  I bring my gift to a whole new level.

i'm trying desperate to learn to play by ear but I can't. I have tried everything to going to different websites, going to piano lesson for five years. learning theory. but still can't play I NEED HELP.

P.S.  THE SMALL CHURCH THAT I ATTEND IS GONIG TO BUILD A 500 SEAT SANCTUARY AND TRUST ME I WANT TO BE PREPARE BY THE END OF THE YEAR BECAUSE WE WALK IN ON JANUARY 1, 2008 OR EARLIER
"vision to victory"

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

Re: "why can't my talent(gift) match my annoiting?"
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 01:50:14 PM »
Short Answer:  You have to grow into the anointing God has placed on your life. 

Longer Explanation:  God has a purpose for your life and he has given you everything you will need to succeed at what he's assigned for you to do.  The frustration comes, because you are in the process that often lies between hearing the call and walking in that call.  During this time, however, there is plenty to do.  Keep seeking the Lord, keep practicing, try to learn all you can by studying the word and information related to your gift.  If you yield to Him, God will make sure that everything you need will be developed at the right time and used for the right purpose.

Offline GUTCH

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 12:01:18 AM »
HI I WOULD LIKE TO ADD SOME INSIGHT TO YOUR QUESTION. GOD HAD YOU IN MIND WHEN HE CREATED YOU AND YOU GIFTS WILL MAKE ROOM FOR YOU. TO GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT I'M SAYING THE CHURCH THAT I ATTEND HAVE SOME PRETTY GOOD MUSICIANS BUT THEY LACK THE ANOINTING AND EVERYTIME TIME I'M ASKED TO PLAY THE ANOINTING COMES RIGHT IN. GOD KNOWS ALL OF YOUR ABILITIES AND EVERYTHING WILL COME FULL CIRCLE AS LONG AS YOU CONTINUE TO SEEK HIM WITH PURITY OF HEART. I DIDN'T LEARN HOW TO PLAY BY TAKING LESSONS MY MOM PLAY PIANO AND WHEN SHE STARTED PASTORING 25 YRS AGO. I WAS SITTING AT THE PIANO MAKING NOISE LIKE I ALWAYS DO AND OUT OF THE BLUE I STARTED PLAYING CHORDS THAT I DIDN'T KNOW I COULD PLAY AND THE REST IS HISTORY. I FEEL THAT YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT YOU PLAYING ABILITY AND GOD HAS SOME SPECIAL THINGS IN STORE FOR YOU. YOU WILL DO WELL SO DON'T WORRY EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT ACCORDING TO HIS WILL. TAKE CARE. ONE MORE THING ALWAYS TAKE THE TIME TO FAST AND PRAY TO BECOME SENSITIVE TO THE THINGS OF GOD THIS HAS REALLY ENHANCED MY PLAYING ABILITY AND IT WILL YOURS.

Offline KurzLand

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 02:19:02 PM »

i'm trying desperate to learn to play by ear but I can't. I have tried everything to going to different websites, going to piano lesson for five years. learning theory. but still can't play I NEED HELP.

Well keep practicing. Look into the stuff you need help with and work on those. You'll get there. :)
"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him." -A.Huxley

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 10:41:35 AM »
As long as you seek to develop your gift(talent) you'll be ok. Purchase some of those DVDs and actively seek out the advice from experienced musicians and you'll be where you need to be.

MrSparrow

Offline karendj

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 08:41:43 AM »
RUT! I hope everything went well.

Offline themidiroom

• LGM Member
  • A genius at work?
    • TMR Studio

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 10:57:28 AM »
RUT! I hope everything went well.
Yes, I think an update is in order.   :D
http://www.tmrstudio.com
Musical beauty is in the ears of the beholder.

Offline rut

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 03:21:30 PM »
Thanks LGM FAMILY, well heres the update

Our Sanctuary is going to take than they expected which is good because I would have time to work on my gift. I've notice that my gift will make room. For now i'm just gonig to follow God as far as my playing ability, i must admit I didn't believe that God will do all that he had did for me. I thought like that plenty of times. But now i'm following God, my piano skills has increase just a alittle since the last post but i'm believeing God in due season he we exalt me
"vision to victory"

Offline Gospelstar21

• LGM Member
  • For God I live, and For God I die.
    • Myspace

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 08:14:50 PM »
Wassup man,

Listen, keep in mind that this talent you have was given to you from the Lord. In order for you to get better you have to take in the advice of all the people above, they pretty much hit the nail on the head. Its a spiritual and natural thing. Naturally you need to practice as much as you can, learn from seasoned musicians, listen to songs and try to learn them, do what ever you can to get better. Spiritually you just need to stay in God's face, not really about increasing your playing ability, but just for who He is. Why? Because God already know what you are in need of!!!! Guess what, He will increase your playing in due season, but the word does say that faith with out works is DEAD which is why you should continue to practice (naturally) Practice, pray, seek God's face, live the life you play ( or sing) and everything else will line up. Remember: Seek ye first the KINGDOM, and all that other stuff is gonna be added. You are already in a blessed position because God choose you do play and or sing anyway. Trust me I know. I am praise and worship leader at the ministry I attend, and I learned that as long as the anointing is present, and you are able to tune in to what the spirit of God is saying and or commanding then you are on your way to great things!!! Stay encouraged, Keep playing, Don't focus so much on playing extra tight, If you are anointed then your in there!!!!!
More than a Conqueror

Offline slburks

• LGM Member
  • Steve Burks
    • Magic Hertz

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 05:29:05 PM »
You still have to practice, even if you are "anointed." Anointing doesn't mean you'll magically know what to play. Still have to do the work.

As far as learning how to play by ear goes, I don't know what to tell you. It came natural in my case so I didn't have to learn it, per se. Look for "aural training" or "ear training" classes. That might help. Rest assured that as long as you don't have amusia (so-called tone deafness), you can learn to play by ear.

Offline phatstrings

• LGM Member
  • ..dreaming about you.
    • Phatstrings

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 07:55:43 AM »
Hey fam,
  please dont confuse 'The anointing' with skill. Your anointing does not guarantee skill on your instrument!
     Case 1: Moses was anointed,chosen to lead the people of God yet he was a stutterer(of course God knew that fluency will be of help in leading a stubborn people like the israelites) He had to leave the oratories to Aaron.My point is you dont necessarily have to be the baddest pianist for your anointing to manifest.The spirit of God moves beyond our abilities to do what he wants to do.

Case 2 : David was anointed, but he was still skillful. Note that his skill didnt come overnight as well. I guarantee you that those times he spent alone with the sheep were not spent just shepherding or slaying lions and bears. He must have spent part of that time practising! Therefore....

P R A C T I S E ! ! !

If you want to play like Keving Bond, then,
       invest in your music like Kevin Bond,
       spend time on the piano like Kevin Bond
       avoid distractions like Kevin Bond
       learn with passion like Kevin Bond

God has given you the talent.Question is,what will you do with it? Pray about it?Wrong! Ask for more? Wrong!
    God wants you to trade with it.'Trade ' here means wisely using what you currently have, so you can have more.

Finally,
   Leave the rest to the course of time.Remember,'Rome was not built in day' and 'Time and chance happeneth to them all'

God bless

i shall not die but live!

Offline HOLLINGS

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 11:38:10 AM »
I am so thankful that you asked this qustions.  I've been feeling this way for years.  All of these answers that were given to you, were also meant for me.  I also play for my church and my playing is just not up to par....I'm always being told that I sing with such anointing.  I've made exsues for years that this is how I play because this is all God gave me.  I can play just about any song that I hear but I can only (what I call "Cord it").  Again thanks for asking this question and thanks to all of you who posted those much needed answers.  I'm looking to go Higher!!!!!!!!!

Offline BroAllan

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 07:41:22 AM »
Dear LGM family,
if you notice I ask a lot of questionS on this sight because I am  eager to know, learn, and grow. My question is why cant my talent match my annointing?. Let me put it this way. members, pastors, prohpets, and prophetess tell me all the time that I am annoited and different things. But why can'y my piano ability match my annionted. I am a intermediate piano player but it like  i know what i want the music to sound like but when i'm sing or ministring through song I don't know how or what to play. How do  I bring my gift to a whole new level.

P.S.  THE SMALL CHURCH THAT I ATTEND IS GONIG TO BUILD A 500 SEAT SANCTUARY AND TRUST ME I WANT TO BE PREPARE BY THE END OF THE YEAR BECAUSE WE WALK IN ON JANUARY 1, 2008 OR EARLIER

There are several things I'd like to share ...
First of all, I pray that your musical ability and skills continue to grow as you labor in His field of harvest.
I pray that you are flourishing and successful in your ministry. (Give us an update.  ;))

Secondly, it is best to take whatever talent you have, and invest it in God's kingdom, God will give the increase.  Remember the story of the little boy with the two fish and five loaves of bread?  That's all he had, but God increased it to overflowing!  Same thing with our talents and abilities.

A lot of great advice has been given throughout this post.  Do your best to strive for excellence.
And remember,
"Better to play using the simplest of chords with the anointing, than to play the hottest and jazziest chords without the anointing ..."

God bless you ...BroAllan  :)

Offline Revp98

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 02:37:16 PM »
I was scrolling through this site when I cam across your question. First let me say this, you are not alone in this world. I want you to picture yourself like a plant (we'll use a fruit tree)that has been planted in the ground. It is a small thing, maybe just a sprig or a leaf is showing. You know by what you have planted of what it is to become. But along the way before it gets to its maturity, it needs some things. You have to water it, fertilze it, give it proper sunlite. You have to check for weeds and pest, because you know those are the things that will kill it. As you cultivate it, you eventually one day notice that it is growing. It takes some time, but eventually that plant has grown to be a tree. And that tree is known by the fruit it bears. As long as you take of that tree, it will always bear good fruit. This plant is you. You need to grow under the guidance of God's grace. As long as you stay in the will of God, you will grow. The moment you step out of God's will you will stop growing. Take things one step at a time and when God sees fit and in the time he has perscribed your talent and annointing will be the same. Pray without ceasing and keep him first above all. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all his rightousness and all these things shall be added unto you. Stay encouraged and be blessed.

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2008, 02:33:28 PM »
Short Answer:  You have to grow into the anointing God has placed on your life. 

Longer Explanation:  God has a purpose for your life and he has given you everything you will need to succeed at what he's assigned for you to do.  The frustration comes, because you are in the process that often lies between hearing the call and walking in that call.  During this time, however, there is plenty to do.  Keep seeking the Lord, keep practicing, try to learn all you can by studying the word and information related to your gift.  If you yield to Him, God will make sure that everything you need will be developed at the right time and used for the right purpose.

Co-Sign!!
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline rut

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 12:28:46 AM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH... YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW MY HEART IS LIKE RYTHM TO WORSHIP!!
THANKS LGM  :)
"vision to victory"

Offline 1voice

• LGM Member
  • Home.....

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2008, 10:02:30 PM »
THANK YOU SO MUCH... YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW MY HEART IS LIKE RYTHM TO WORSHIP!!
THANKS LGM  :)

Oh yes i do....
i write, and before i got saved, i wrote a gospel song out of the blue.Then about three,or four years later i got saved,now i'm one of the lead singers in my chior.

Seek God First. period. and i co-sign with Broallan..

Do what you know,practice,and you will grow,as long as you remember who your doing it for..All the glory goes to God.I always pray that when i sing, or my chior sings, that we move someone to be saved, and i got about a 99% average of seeing someone come to Christ when i have sung.I'm not the baddest, but i sing unto Him, and from my heart.I actually have learned how to sing threw my shout,that was a problem i had for a lil while.

Don't frustrate yourself, pray,play, practice, and you'll be fine.
Let your voice, be one voice, to Glorify the Lord.
Pages: [1]   Go Up