LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I've got all the chords, just the some words  (Read 790 times)

Offline DbKeysinCT

• LGM Member
    • http://

I've got all the chords, just the some words
« on: March 24, 2007, 09:31:02 PM »
praise the y'all

I'm a Minister of Music of church here in Hartford, CT and latley i've noticed myself writing music for my church soon to be choir the only problem is that i'm not really a lyricist, i'm thinkin' of askin' my pastor for help, but does any one have any other tips for me?

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

Re: I've got all the chords, just the some words
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 10:44:32 AM »
Ok, I'm not really following you.  Could you clarify a little more what you're trying to do?  Thanks.

Offline nessalynn77

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Inspirational Contemplation

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 04:52:32 PM »
So you've written music, and you're looking for someone to help with writing lyrics that go with the music?

If I understood that correctly, I would say the only thing to do would be to find someone gifted at writing lyrics and see if they will put their talent with yours.  From what you stated, I'm assuming your pastor has experience in writing lyrics?

Also, a common thing to do is just arrange a psalm or other scripture to go with your music.  I can think of a ton of songs that are just the scripture almost verbatim arranged in an attractive or catchy way.  So I guess if you look at it that way, the Bible is full of raw material just waiting to be arranged.  Free lyrics at your fingertips, LOL!

I don't suppose King David 'nem will be suing you for infringement or anything, so you don't even need to worry about the CCLC or whatever, LOL!

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 09:06:44 AM »
So you've written music, and you're looking for someone to help with writing lyrics that go with the music?

If I understood that correctly, I would say the only thing to do would be to find someone gifted at writing lyrics and see if they will put their talent with yours.  From what you stated, I'm assuming your pastor has experience in writing lyrics?

Also, a common thing to do is just arrange a psalm or other scripture to go with your music.  I can think of a ton of songs that are just the scripture almost verbatim arranged in an attractive or catchy way.  So I guess if you look at it that way, the Bible is full of raw material just waiting to be arranged.  Free lyrics at your fingertips, LOL!

I don't suppose King David 'nem will be suing you for infringement or anything, so you don't even need to worry about the CCLC or whatever, LOL!

OHHHHHHHH, THAT'S what he was saying.  I know how you feel, bkecause my plight is just the opposite of yours (words w/no music).  I'm with Nessa, find someone that is a lyricist (think that's the word I'm looking for) & make some things happen.

Sparrow's gonna get you Nessa.   :D :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up