LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mother's Day Songs  (Read 24817 times)

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Re: Mother's Day Songs
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 09:46:51 AM »
LOL!
Our PRESCHOOL choir brought the house down with a Christian version of "Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This" ("Mama said I should love the Lord").
They all wore little fuzzy derby hats and did hand motions & a dance to go with it.
CUTE the the nth degree!!!!!

If you want to have some fun next year on Mother's Day, try that!
If I can ever remember to bring in a recorder I'll see if I can get them to do it again & tape it!  ;D ;D ;D

Now stuff like THAT, I love... it just warms my heart!  I love to see young children do anything in church.  It's always so cute.

BTW, I was really fortunate yesterday.  The pastor took all of 60 seconds to wish the mothers a blessed day, gave a 30 second blurb of a tribute to his own mother, who passed away in November, and went on to preach the word.  And I had said in another thread that he often doesn't preach with a text, subject, etc.... he just kinda kicks straight into "hoopin and hollerin" mode.  But yesterday, he actually started off with a text, and talked throughout the message, then worked his way into about a 3 minute hoop... just the way I like it.  ;) :D :D

There were no special selections, no special tributes, no special message... nothing.  Just plain ole regular church.  ;D

It was still too darn long, though, but that's a whole 'notha thread.  ::)
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline Fenix

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 10:10:37 AM »

It was still too darn long, though, but that's a whole 'notha thread.  ::)

Nah, we'd better address it right here. Service yesterday was LONG!!!!!!!! Our pastor didn't preach and the other person preached a short sermon. I was like "YAY!!!!!!"

But then our pastor came on the scene and preached again. THEN we had a round of presentations to our pastor, the mothers and finally some other guy came out to preach a small sermon...

Man i was TIRED.
The car, job, house wife/husband are not the reward, God is.

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 11:39:24 AM »
*Sings*

I'll always love my mama.  She brought me in this world!

LMBO!!!! :D
boyz 2 men song called mama
We did both yesterday. Ill Always Love MY Momma kinda crashed because the singer didnt know the pre-chorus, other than that it was fine.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up