LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I wanna learn guitar  (Read 1529 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

I wanna learn guitar
« on: March 28, 2007, 12:58:21 PM »
Welp, its official, I want to learn to play the guitar.  I don't know anything about it so bear with me, I will be asking alot of questions. :D
:)

Offline Donta M Jones

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: I wanna learn guitar
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 04:03:33 PM »
  Well that is the one way to learn. Ask.  One thing I will stress is that you learn and understand chords, and theory.Right now my goal is to master the theory, and learn to solo.What is your preferance as far as what style of playing are you intrested in learning? How do you want to sound? Go to a guitar center and listen to various brands, and builds to find the sound that suits you. When you find the guitar you with the sound your looking for, get someone to educate you on what features it has to give it that sound. Listen to different amplifiers to find the one that really brings out the sound of your guitar.All of these small things may not seem important to you at first but trust me it is well worth the trouble.
To each... his own... Be creative.....

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 06:06:16 AM »
That's advice I could have used a year ago. I'm finding myself looking for a new amp now because I went the cheap route with no research into what exactly I was looking for and what I wanted to do with it. An expensive lesson.
A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something...

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 10:44:42 AM »
Welp, its official, I want to learn to play the guitar.  I don't know anything about it so bear with me, I will be asking alot of questions. :D

YES!!! WE GOT ANOTHER ONE!!!   :D :D :D

we'll help as much as we can  ;)

Offline kandipooh_2006

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 07:03:10 PM »
I got a guitar a couple years ago but i never had the time to learn with sr year and graduation and all.  Now I got new strings and a chord book because that's what someone recommended I do.  It's an acoustic.  Is this the right method or should I be in a beginner's book or something?

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 07:41:59 AM »
I got a guitar a couple years ago but i never had the time to learn with sr year and graduation and all.  Now I got new strings and a chord book because that's what someone recommended I do.  It's an acoustic.  Is this the right method or should I be in a beginner's book or something?

Well, that is a good start. 

knowing how to strum and change smoothly from chord to chord is essential to a guitarist. 

I don't know if you want to play for a church, but once you get all of the chords down, you can move onto scales.  Also you can check out some of Uriah's vids for some tips for begginers.

Offline katstrat

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 04:12:23 PM »
The first thing I would recomend,if you don't want to find a good teacher,is get a good song and chord book. Try to learn four simple chords,G,C,D,and E minor. If you are familier with old gospel hymns,learn to play them.If not,try to get some songs that you know that are in the key of "G". Also,try a acoustic first,the mistakes will come out better,and you'll be able to correct them.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 12:27:31 PM »
Thanks everyone. :)
:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up