LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Your guitar....why did you choose it??  (Read 4171 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Your guitar....why did you choose it??
« on: March 28, 2007, 01:01:45 PM »
As you know, I'm a begginer...not even that since I can't play a single song or play any chords. :)

But the guitar I brought is an Les Paul Epiphone.  Why did I buy it??  Because I liked the way it lookededed.   I probably should have learned more about guitar before I got it.  :)

Anyways, why did you buy the guitar that you play?
:)

Offline Dnell

• LGM Member

Re: Your guitar....why did you choose it??
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 03:21:39 PM »
Sound should be the most important factor when choosing an instrument, closely followed by feel.  Right now I have three electrics and one acoustic 1.)Godin Solidac(main guitar), 2.) Fender Thinline Telecaster(backup) 3.) 7-string Squire StageMaster 4.) Fender CE100 Acoustic...I'm hoping to add to the family this spring God willing...(Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster). I bought my Godin, because I was in the market for a good quality instrument and I did a bit of research and came across Godin guitars, I originally planned on buying a LG, but when I went to order it, I ran across a slightly used Solidac for $350(they retail for $975!!!) I played it in the store for about 30mins, liked what I heard and the rest is history.

Offline Donta M Jones

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 03:50:39 PM »
As you know, I'm a begginer...not even that since I can't play a single song or play any chords. :)

But the guitar I brought is an Les Paul Epiphone.  Why did I buy it??  Because I liked the way it lookededed.   I probably should have learned more about guitar before I got it.  :)

Anyways, why did you buy the guitar that you play?

That is a good choice. So what do you think so far? My next guitar may be the Les Paul Epiphone. As for myself, I chose the Ibanez Artcore because of it's warm mellow sound as well as it's build and color. As soon as I can figure out how to post a picture I'll let everyone see my setup.
To each... his own... Be creative.....

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 04:52:09 PM »
i buy my guitars for their sound....they all do something better than the other, gotta have the tools to do the job.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 04:53:11 PM »
   That is a good choice. So what do you think so far? My next guitar may be the Les Paul Epiphone. As for myself, I chose the Ibanez Artcore because of it's warm mellow sound as well as it's build and color. As soon as I can figure out how to post a picture I'll let everyone see my setup.

So far, I think that it is really hurting my fingers. :)

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 05:49:09 AM »
I got my Les Paul because I like the way it looks and sounds...nothing else sounds just like a Les Paul Standard.
I got my ESP because I wanted a Strat-like guitar with a V-neck.
I got my Godin Solidac because of it's versatility in getting different electric tones as well as acoustic tones.
I got my Godin Freeway Classic because it's a backup for the Solidac.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 06:03:36 AM »
I just bought an Epi L.P. Standard in January. I love it. I don't need to say anything about the looks. They speak for themselves. I have the Honeyburst color. The sound is everything that it's cracked up to be and more. Great Blues-y tones from this one. The weight takes a little getting used to though.

I bought it because initially I liked the looks of it. When I went to the Guitar Center to play it, I fell in love. The tones are great. It's the blues crunch that I wanted from this one!!!
A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something...

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 07:42:13 AM »
I bought my first squier strat by fender proably about 4 months ago, because i didn't won't to stall any more from learning to play the guitar... it's a good quality guitar for the budget, and once i feel that i am at an advanced intermediate level then i will buy a higer quality guitar.  I didn't want to spend the big bucks for my first guitar and then might end up not liking it.  basically i asked a bunch of questions to the sales people at guitar center and they were really friendly and helpful...  With a piano background i'm advancing rapidly and now performing lead parts at church... All with the help of prayer and a desire.

Offline Sonar

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 08:14:16 AM »
I purchased all my ESP 400 Series Strats because I like to tinker with my guitars and I can't justify buying a Fender Strat for over $500....and then pulling half the parts off of it. I use these guitars the most and cherish each one!  :o

I purchased my ESP 400 Series Tele knock-off because it has unspeakable magic & mojo. It's irreplaceable. It's my only guitar with a pet name. EVERYONE should have a Telecaster of SOME sort in their kit.

I purchased my 1986 PRS Standard because a friend was selling it for $900. It's an investment as prices go past $3,000 for these guitars now. I actually think the guitar sorta blah...but it impresses the wrong sorta players. Go figure.   ::)

I purchased my 1983 Ibanez AM205 because I wanted something pretty to be buried with.  ;D
It's a small bodied 335-style like the current Gibson ES336.

I purchased my Yamaha SA2000 because it's the best playing ES335 knock-off on the planet!  (Mine is cherry red...but here's another SA2000 photo)

I purchased my various Godin guitars because of the quality & features vs. low price point.

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 09:17:50 AM »
I bought my Wolf for the feel (AWESOME neck--even better after 8 years of seasoning on it), the sound, and the D-tuna.  I really wanted a floyd, but I love drop D, so that was perfect.  A Floyd with a drop D tuner? BRILLIANT!

I also love the Fender scale length, but the Gibson tone.  It's a bit brighter than a Gibson, but still, 25 1/2" with hb's modeled after the PAF, and I was sold.

Actually, it was between that and a Paul Gilbert, but I think it was the "new-vs-used", and the floyd that broke the tie.  The Gilbert was the same price used :p

Sorry, I'm all caffienated today lol.

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 05:01:41 PM »
...my squire strat fits my hand and my belly perfectly!....it was cheap..so if my kids break it...I can go buy another!....For me feel is everything...cuz these days most guitars sound great anyway....

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

New Guitar.....
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 12:32:58 PM »
I wann get a new guitar now... :(

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 03:33:56 PM »
I have always loved Strats.  As a kid, I used to watch guys playing Strats on TV and said "I want to learn how to do that".  So the reason I chose even to play guiar was ultimately a matter of seduction.  My first electric was a Memphis Strat copy, but I just had to have the real deal as it were.  So one day in late November of 93', I walked into Chuck Levin's looking for a sunburst American Standard with a rosewood finger board.  I had played quite a few Am. Std. Strats and I was seriously addicted to the feel of the necks.  It was hard to go home to my Memphis after tasting the goodness of a real Amerian Strat.  Well as luck would have it, they were all out of sunburst Strats and the dude suggested one in either Caribbean or Burgandy Mist.  The salesman really was really wanted to show me the Caribbean Mist Strat because he has quite a few green guitars of his own.  So since I am from the Caribbean myself, and was open to trying something new I said ok.  Well naturally it was love at first sight.  She's a real looker in that stunning Caribbean Mist finish.  I can tell you that as muc as I like to look at gear and even aspire to accquire a few more pieces, I am very happy with my '93 American Standard Strat and if I were stranded on an island and could only have one guitar, this would be it.  Over the years, I've added locking tuners, a pearloid pickguard, and re-wired her so that I can get some faux humbucker tones, but she's otherwise stock.  I actually like the stock pickups just fine despite a number of high quality possible replacements.  A perfect 10 all the way.  I'd be a mad man if somebody stole her.
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline katstrat

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 08:24:34 PM »
I bought my MIM Stratocaster because I wanted a strat and the price was right.

I bought my Squier Telecaster because I wanted a cheap Tele.

I bought my Epiphone acoustic/electric because I liked the looks and sound and features,

I bought the Takmine for the same reasons!

I bought a Yamaha clasical a/e because I liked the feel,looks and sound.

I bought my Washburn bass because I wanted a bass.

I bought my Rgal resonator because I wanted something that looked old,cool to play slide or bluegrass gospel.

Offline 002

• LGM Member

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 11:00:08 PM »
I got my $20 Nylon classical guitar because... that's my level of interest in the guitar. ;D

*Vanishes*
The NSA: Keeping LGM Safe

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 12:19:38 AM »
I got my $20 Nylon classical guitar because... that's my level of interest in the guitar. ;D

*Vanishes*

Somebody needs to stay in their department...  >:(

Offline RONNIEJR99

• LGM Member
  • The beginning of something great.....

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 11:08:58 PM »
MY FIRST GUITAR WAS A FENDER BULLET.
MY SECOND GUITAR IS A FENDER MEXICAN STRAT.
MY THIRD GUITAR IS AN ACOUSTIC FENDER.
I LOVE FENDER GUITARS,I LOVE THE SOUND, I LOVE THE LOOK, - AND WHEN I ADVANCED A LITTLE MORE MY NEXT GUITAR WILL BE A FENDER AMERICAN STRAT AND THEN I WILL GRADUATE TO A GIBSON, THAT MAY BE 20 YEARS FROM NOW WHEN I'M A MASTER.

HEY, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH DREAMING ;D ;D ;D
FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2007, 12:28:31 PM »
WHEN I ADVANCED A LITTLE MORE MY NEXT GUITAR WILL BE A FENDER AMERICAN STRAT AND THEN I WILL GRADUATE TO A GIBSON, THAT MAY BE 20 YEARS FROM NOW WHEN I'M A MASTER.

Graduate?  Don't you mean regress to a Gibson ;)?  Seriously, though, Gibsons are fine guitars in thier own right but I would go for something like a Custom Shop Strat or something from PRS's Private Stock.
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline RONNIEJR99

• LGM Member
  • The beginning of something great.....

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2007, 09:26:05 PM »
OKAY REGRESS ;D
I'M STILL LEARNING THOUGH.... PRS??? DUDE, FILL ME IN SOUNDS VERY STRAT-INTERESTING (MADE UP WORD ;))
FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2007, 01:18:57 AM »
PRS sounds nothing like a strat......they are their own animals entirely....although i'd put them closer to a Gibson sound than anything else. (shorter scale, dual buckers, etc)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up