LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: YOUR MISSION: Buy a guitar rig for God! (A learning experiment)  (Read 3117 times)

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

Re: YOUR MISSION: Buy a guitar rig for God! (A learning experiment)
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 06:39:47 PM »
plus, hopefully no one is plugging their guitar straight into the board from a DI box.....bleh......

Unfortunately I am on of those DI'ers :-[.  I'm looking to add one of these little doohickeys to my "rig" and retire my Boss ME-5 in hopes of a better tone. 
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

ES7Mike

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 08:22:06 PM »
Not a Fender amp guru myself, but I'm confused as to why the master volume is evil... unless you're wanting that Fender-clean-shimmer... clueless here lol.

I'll try to answer this as best as I can. Blackface fenders and silverfaces have different
circuitry. Since fenders are known for clean sound, during the cbs-era they added
master volumes to kinda enhance the clean souns but instead it just makes the amp
sound sort of thin and distorted at higher volumes. That's why alot of people have their silverface amps blackfaced because a blackface can give you an overdriven tone at higher volumes.

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 11:28:23 PM »
Unfortunately I am on of those DI'ers :-[.  I'm looking to add one of these little doohickeys to my "rig" and retire my Boss ME-5 in hopes of a better tone. 

i was talking about just a guitar -> di box -> pa..........a processor in between makes it better. maybe not ideal, but you can get good tones that way....just might not have alot of vibe to play with.

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2007, 09:34:50 AM »
I'll try to answer this as best as I can. Blackface fenders and silverfaces have different
circuitry. Since fenders are known for clean sound, during the cbs-era they added
master volumes to kinda enhance the clean souns but instead it just makes the amp
sound sort of thin and distorted at higher volumes. That's why alot of people have their silverface amps blackfaced because a blackface can give you an overdriven tone at higher volumes.

Got it, so it's not just the master volume, but a bunch of stuff combined. I don't feel so dumb now lol.

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2007, 09:54:28 AM »

I've tried out one of those doohickeys  :D  They are very interesting
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up