LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: PICS OF MY KIT WITH NEW MEINLS  (Read 4883 times)

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

Re: PICS OF MY KIT WITH NEW MEINLS
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2007, 12:50:39 AM »
go ahead and play that thing like u in a mega church..lol

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2007, 07:36:03 AM »
...I'm on no one's side but the little kids that have to sleep on yalls pews.  I bet they go to church with sleeping bags and pillows. 

...People see them with that and ask "Hey, why are you guys camping out in those nice clothes?" and they say, "We're not camping out, we're going to church."  ;D

Ouch. ok. I give up. This is the first battle on here that I have lost.  :'(

Only defense I have is ummm...nevermind, that would really bring up some questions.

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2007, 08:25:40 AM »
lets start with that avatar...do you own a snare stand?   ;D

Ohhhh Sheen you tryna get me huh?...lol.... We had just moved in and I hadn't brought my kit home yet.. >:( Hey Sheen since you got jokes, Did you have to put a booster seat under your throne so you can reach the cymbals? ;D ;D :D... Im 6'4 so you have no comeback buddy!!!
Richard

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2007, 11:05:34 AM »
...hey "E", give these sites to your Dad.

Site #1

Site #2

Pure Genious JFunky... Wow you win the award for the best comeback... A sheer masterpiece!!!....lol ;D :)
Richard

HumbleGospelDrummer

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2007, 02:02:27 PM »
Winner by knockout JFunk, nice set Eccentric, i prolly cant call u E yet huh?  BBD sholl dont look like he starvin' in his pic. ;D

HumbleGospelDrummer

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2007, 02:08:13 PM »
man i might get a coupla Byzance cymbals sometime soon......its yall's fault lol, got  me wantin' to get some.

oh yeah sorry BBD

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2007, 02:15:03 PM »
Winner by knockout JFunk, nice set Eccentric, i prolly cant call u E yet huh?  BBD sholl dont look like he starvin' in his pic. ;D

haha. You can call me E, ER, E-Ruh...whatever you want.  ;D

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2007, 07:38:45 PM »

Ohhhh Sheen you tryna get me huh?...lol.... We had just moved in and I hadn't brought my kit home yet.. >:( Hey Sheen since you got jokes, Did you have to put a booster seat under your throne so you can reach the cymbals? ;D ;D :D... Im 6'4 so you have no comeback buddy!!!

?/?  Booster seat...yyyeeaahh, rrriiight  :-\   ;D

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2007, 07:43:33 PM »
Hey EC, is that a church or a court room?  I cant tell by the seats!   ;D

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2007, 08:43:25 PM »
Hey, EC hes gettin you man....Court room? Instant classic right there...lol.... And Sheen I bet you stood on a stack of books so that you would be tall enough to get into the picture!!! ;D...Or maybe they made the other guys stad about 20ft. away so that you look tall..... ;D ;D...Im jsut playin man!!
Richard

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2007, 09:34:14 PM »
Yo ER? I have a question for you. Is the mounting system on your toms removable or are they permanently fixed to the rims? I'm thinking of getting a Ash kit, but I would have to get rid of those tom mounts...they're hideous IMO.

Oh, I can't really join in on the Shots Showdown ya'll are having. Considering my screenname it'll be open season on S------  :-X nevermind.

Besides I'm waiting for that one guy to make the comment that makes everyone go "how you gone say something like that." And then JF 'gon have to lock the thread.  ;D
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline MidwestDrummer

• LGM Member
  • dont care if jesus is silver or gold still luv em

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2007, 07:02:12 PM »
do they sound nice n crisp :d :D

Offline 002

• LGM Member

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2007, 08:19:09 PM »
Hey, EC hes gettin you man....Court room? Instant classic right there...lol.... And Sheen I bet you stood on a stack of books so that you would be tall enough to get into the picture!!! ;D...Or maybe they made the other guys stad about 20ft. away so that you look tall..... ;D ;D...Im jsut playin man!!

The NSA: Keeping LGM Safe

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2007, 11:12:09 PM »
Yo ER? I have a question for you. Is the mounting system on your toms removable or are they permanently fixed to the rims? I'm thinking of getting a Ash kit, but I would have to get rid of those tom mounts...they're hideous IMO.

Oh, I can't really join in on the Shots Showdown ya'll are having. Considering my screenname it'll be open season on S------  :-X nevermind.

Besides I'm waiting for that one guy to make the comment that makes everyone go "how you gone say something like that." And then JF 'gon have to lock the thread.  ;D

Hey Sugabear...The mounting system is completely removable. IT IS VERY HIDEOUS! That is probably one of my bigger complaints with Ddrums. The mounting system for my 10" tom is too wide. It almost feels as if it was made for an 11" tom. Yeah, I know they dont exist...I am making a point that the radius of the mounting system is too great. You have to really pull it in which adds extra tension to the rods. Kind of a pain. With all that being said. Get the ASH! They are good drums especially for the price.

I was just checking out the Pearl Optimounts. I just might switch them out.

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2007, 11:22:24 PM »
OK....So The Record gets CLEARED UP. I no longer attend my home church. My Family & I moved away several years ago to take over a work in a larger city. We had a very small group when we started and they had no church facility yet. So we searched for a church of whom we can rent from and that is the church you see in the pictures. It is not our church. I would love to get rid of the carpet and the pews but the owners are happy with it the way it is. I had a hard enough time convincing them that they needed a sound system.

So I can take the criticism, but in my defense, my hands are tied.

Now, for a refresher, I posted a topic awhile back about us buying land to build our own church. Which is still in the works.

When in the mission field, establishing works, one cant always be picky.
I must say, leaving your home, job, friends and everything that you know, to go into the field and work for the Lord is a great blessing.

God Bless.

Thanks for the jabs.  ;D

Yo Pastey, My court was already in session. The outcome, your drums leave something to be desired.  ;D

I love my LGM fam. haha.

JFunky

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2007, 07:29:04 AM »
...when you guys build your new church, make sure they install a great sound system.  My church needs an upgrade. :'(  I feel where you're coming from though.  It took us about 4 years to convince my Pastor to get rid of the electronic kit to get an acoustic kit in there.

Click Here 

Click Here

Click Here

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2007, 07:43:04 AM »
Yo JFunky yall had the E-kit? What kind was it? We are in the process of finding a church and our pastor wants to save as much as possible...so I am in the same boat as EC with the church issue... :-\
Richard

JFunky

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2007, 08:16:42 AM »
Yo JFunky yall had the E-kit? What kind was it? We are in the process of finding a church and our pastor wants to save as much as possible...so I am in the same boat as EC with the church issue... :-\

...we had a Roland TD 10 six piece.  It was the same price as the new TD20 6 piece when we bought it.  Roland's and Yamaha DTX's are where it's at for e-kits.  Dude, if your Pastor is trying to save money, E-kits aren't the way to go.  They get costly in the long run when you have to get 2 or 3 sensors fixed.  (Yes, the sensors go out if you don't know how to hit properly or regular wear and tear.)  I'm talking about anywhere from $30-$120 depending on the sensor and damage.  Trust me.  I played on one for 7 years.  Think about it.

The old kit

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2007, 11:18:29 AM »
...we had a Roland TD 10 six piece.  It was the same price as the new TD20 6 piece when we bought it.  Roland's and Yamaha DTX's are where it's at for e-kits.  Dude, if your Pastor is trying to save money, E-kits aren't the way to go.  They get costly in the long run when you have to get 2 or 3 sensors fixed.  (Yes, the sensors go out if you don't know how to hit properly or regular wear and tear.)  I'm talking about anywhere from $30-$120 depending on the sensor and damage.  Trust me.  I played on one for 7 years.  Think about it.

The old kit

No Im not thinking of buying one for church...I was talking to EC when I said that our pastor wanted to save money...We are moving into our church in June hopefully... Sorry I confused you J. ::)... Hey J is it possible to hook up a module from a DTX or TD-20 to a older model E-KIT? because a lady used to play drums but she lost her eye site and can move around like she used to, She wants to give it to me but I was thinking about getting an updated module because the kit is from the mid 90's...  :-\
Richard

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2007, 02:09:49 PM »
Hey Sugabear...The mounting system is completely removable. IT IS VERY HIDEOUS! That is probably one of my bigger complaints with Ddrums. The mounting system for my 10" tom is too wide. It almost feels as if it was made for an 11" tom. Yeah, I know they dont exist...I am making a point that the radius of the mounting system is too great. You have to really pull it in which adds extra tension to the rods. Kind of a pain. With all that being said. Get the ASH! They are good drums especially for the price.

I was just checking out the Pearl Optimounts. I just might switch them out.

When I get my kit those are the exact mounts I'm thinking of switching my kit out for. The Pearl Mounts look cool, but besides that, I like the idea of the mount being connected to both ends of the toms, not putting to much strain on one rim.ß
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up