LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: PICS OF MY KIT WITH NEW MEINLS  (Read 4887 times)

Eccentric-Rhythm

Re: PICS OF MY KIT WITH NEW MEINLS
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2007, 03:23:53 PM »
When I get my kit those are the exact mounts I'm thinking of switching my kit out for. The Pearl Mounts look cool, but besides that, I like the idea of the mount being connected to both ends of the toms, not putting to much strain on one rim.ß

Awesome bruh. Keep me in the loop as to what you do.

God Bless.

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2007, 06:20:13 PM »
Hey Sugabear...The mounting system is completely removable. IT IS VERY HIDEOUS! That is probably one of my bigger complaints with Ddrums. The mounting system for my 10" tom is too wide. It almost feels as if it was made for an 11" tom. Yeah, I know they dont exist...I am making a point that the radius of the mounting system is too great. You have to really pull it in which adds extra tension to the rods. Kind of a pain. With all that being said. Get the ASH! They are good drums especially for the price.

I was just checking out the Pearl Optimounts. I just might switch them out.

Hey EC, do you like the Ash ddrum kit better than your maple one??? I'm about to get a ddrum soon and I'm debating on which one to get. Either the maple or the ash. How does ash sound compared to maple??? God Bless.
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2007, 09:20:21 PM »
Hey EC, do you like the Ash ddrum kit better than your maple one??? I'm about to get a ddrum soon and I'm debating on which one to get. Either the maple or the ash. How does ash sound compared to maple??? God Bless.

I love my Maples. However, if I was to re-do it, I would go with Ash. Maple is awesome, but Ash is new and unique. Its something different. and Different is good.

God Bless.

JFunky

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2007, 10:23:22 AM »
...I heard that Pearl and DW Hardware is the way to go with "ddrum".  I even think Tama Hardware goes great with it.  Their hardware is being used in Iraq as we speak. :D

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2007, 11:46:22 AM »
When I get my kit those are the exact mounts I'm thinking of switching my kit out for. The Pearl Mounts look cool, but besides that, I like the idea of the mount being connected to both ends of the toms, not putting to much strain on one rim.ß

I love me drums but ya the mounting system is not the best, it also makes it hard to change heads. I own a maple and have a birch one coming just for my home and at the end of the summer Ill be getting my bubinga kit for the MIAC festival (Canadian NAMM)in aug.
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2007, 11:55:08 AM »
I love me drums but ya the mounting system is not the best, it also makes it hard to change heads. I own a maple and have a birch one coming just for my home and at the end of the summer Ill be getting my bubinga kit for the MIAC festival (Canadian NAMM)in aug.

What sizes do you have with your Maple? 10,12,16? How are they treating ya?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up