LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A chance of a lifetime?  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Praise_Productions

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • You just have to surrender to the music!!!!!!!!!!

A chance of a lifetime?
« on: April 05, 2007, 10:20:03 AM »
Over the last 2 months or so I have really been focussing on my craft like never before.  Practicing several hours a day, when I can.  Working on technique, cordination and a lot of other things.  But I have not been playing anywhere and it is eating me up.  I was about to join this one band but it fell apart, (God does everything for a reason) I am not even playing at church or even going to be honest (haven't been to church in so long I might melt when I walk thru the door, but that is whole another post).   ;) ).  Well I was given a chance to audition at this church and I got it.  After the audtion at the church I went to see a local rock band play, well the band approached me about being there drummer, I mean everything I was praying about as far as a gig is concerned they have it.  They are signed to a major record label, they have a major tour set up for the summer and they work 5 nights a week, the band is very hot and there show is hot.  The sad part about it is I know the drummer he is one of my best customers he comes into the store all the time and we share licks and different things like that.  Well they gave him a solo and while he was doing his solo the leader of the band came into the crowd were I was standing and was speaking to me more about the gig (kind of brutal).  Well I am suppose to audition this week, but I prayed about it and decided I am not going to take the gig or even audition, not because of the drummer, but because my Spirit doesn't agree with it.  Yes the money would be great, and it would open a lot of doors, but I would not be effect to peoples lives.  It took a lot of praying and really soul seeking to make this decision because every fiber in my body wanted to do it, but my spirit man wouldn't allow me to do it.

Keep me in your prayers because I really need it right now.  I lost my focus on God trying to chase my musicial dreams when all I had to do was put my focus on God and he would make my dream happen.

Shalom 
Say hello to my little friend!!!!

Offline stiksnmypocket

• LGM Member
    • Myspace

Re: A chance of a lifetime?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 11:44:34 AM »
dude you already know what it is...so I'm not going to go deeper, but you passed a test and you're gonna be greatly rewarded for that whether it's a big reward or a small reward...Life is setup so that we'll have test and we either pass them or we don't, but if you don't pass the 1st one, the sec. test we'll be greater and it is strongly reccomened that you pass that one..lol (or else), but anyway keep doing what you do bro. but your gift will make room for you, and only what you do for him will last...just think about that for a sec., the other drummer is really about to lose his gig, why? because man is taking it from him, what God has for you it is yours and NO MAN on the face of this planet can snatch it from you unless you let it go...
Peace and Be Blessed, I'll hit you up lata homie...
Do what you do, but do it well!!!

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 12:42:13 PM »
dude you already know what it is...so I'm not going to go deeper, but you passed a test and you're gonna be greatly rewarded for that whether it's a big reward or a small reward...Life is setup so that we'll have test and we either pass them or we don't, but if you don't pass the 1st one, the sec. test we'll be greater and it is strongly reccomened that you pass that one..lol (or else), but anyway keep doing what you do bro. but your gift will make room for you, and only what you do for him will last...just think about that for a sec., the other drummer is really about to lose his gig, why? because man is taking it from him, what God has for you it is yours and NO MAN on the face of this planet can snatch it from you unless you let it go...
Peace and Be Blessed, I'll hit you up lata homie...

You are so right man, thanks for that it really blessed my soul.

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 01:17:36 PM »
Awesome testimony - why did you stop going to chuuch?
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

JFunky

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 01:42:07 PM »
Yes the money would be great, and it would open a lot of doors, but I would not be effect to peoples lives.  It took a lot of praying and really soul seeking to make this decision because every fiber in my body wanted to do it, but my spirit man wouldn't allow me to do it.

...that's it right there.  I love this.  The Lord is your Strength man.  Get back to church and Praise Him for Who He is and for what He's doing and not allowing you to do in your life. 8) 

Offline diligent-hands

• LGM Member
  • NEW SINGLE (60 SECOND PRAYER)

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 05:25:15 PM »
Praise....man u have no clue of what u just did..any body thinking Gods not going to bless you for that will be a fool...remember real gold dont shine, the enemy presents fake blessings in front of us but its up to our spirit to see right through it..and as far as church,just iron ur lil burlington shirt lace up ur stacy's throw on ur falcon suit..and get ur behind back theres b4 LGM flys to clearwater and beats u up...lol
aight man be blessed....1

Eccentric-Rhythm

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 05:33:34 PM »
Praise. 2 things.
1: Congrats. You Overcame. (By the way, to overcome means to recognize the enemy at each one of his traps)

2: GET BACK TO CHU'UCH!
 ;D

God Bless Brother and thanks for the testimony

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 09:15:15 PM »
Man, you know you got a brother in Tampa that got your back. I don't know how much advice I can give you because you know I'm in the same boat as you, but I can stand in prayer with you. As a matter of fact, we could lift each other up in prayer. We both got to get back to church and not let "people" keep us from that type of fellowship. But, you know I'll be praying for you brother. Call me and let me know how that Dietrick Haddon concert was.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline EricT

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 12:54:18 AM »
wow that's hott dude....GOD will bless you for your stand....if it didn't feel right I understand.
Proverbs 3: 5-6

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 04:21:29 PM »
and as far as church,just iron ur lil burlington shirt lace up ur stacy's throw on ur falcon suit..and get ur behind back theres b4 LGM flys to clearwater and beats u up...lol
aight man be blessed....1

I don't want that to happen.  Well I will be back in church starting this Sunday. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up