LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Song Posted  (Read 912 times)

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

New Song Posted
« on: April 04, 2007, 09:04:52 AM »
Hey guys (and ladies, of course), I just posted a new song.  It's in demo form, pretty rough, but I wanted to get some feedback on it before I went further.

It's listed here: www.myspace.com/musicwithameaning

It's called Lead Me (however, I may change that, too--who knows).

Please feel free to be open and let me know what y'all think.  I trust the opinion of the people here very much, and I appreciate any feedback--good, bad or ugly lol.

Thanks.

God bless.

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: New Song Posted
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2007, 11:08:26 AM »
Jay,man you know i dig everything you post,and i am learning from things you post.Great work,and keep doing what you do ;D
                                  GOD BLESS YOU

Offline RONNIEJR99

• LGM Member
  • The beginning of something great.....

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 07:28:07 AM »
THAT WAS NICE JAYP. ONE DAY I'LL PLAY LIKE THAT AND MAYBE BE ABLE TO WRITE SONGS TOO. HEY I'M WORKING ON IT. I'VE ONLY BEEN PLAYING ABOUT 3 TO 4 YEARS. IN MY EYES I'M STILL A BEGINNER.
FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 12:31:52 PM »
Niiceee....
:)

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 10:11:02 PM »
Thank guys.  I actually wrote the main part of that music years ago, and I re-wrote the lyrics and added the bridge-y parts.  I have decided to officially record it, but I don't know when I'll get the chance.  The new job's keeping me really busy--which is good, but "me" time is nice too :) .

As far as writing your own music, RONNIEJR99, don't worry about theory and all that at first (hmm... or at all, really), just jam.  Tape whatever sounds good to you, and if you need to, put pieces together.  And to make an example about the theory comment, listen to "Tallest" on my site.  If a classical musician got a hold of that one, they'd hang me by my toenails.  It's an Em7-D9-C#m7 in the verse, then an Amaj7-F#m7-Bm7-Dsus2-Esus2 in the bridge, and the chorus is A-F#m7-Dsus2-Bm7... Now, you tell me what key THAT'S in... I don't know... lol. But I really liked the way the chords flowed, so there it is.

Keep plugging at your own thing, and every once in a while, you'll surprise yourself.

Thanks for the comments.  I really appreciate it.

God bless.

Offline RONNIEJR99

• LGM Member
  • The beginning of something great.....

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 10:35:46 PM »
THAT'S IN THE KEY OF A ;D ;D ;D JUST KIDDING BUT MOST OF THOSE CHORDS TO LOOK LIKE THE KEY OF A(A B C# D E F# G# A) OR E (E F# G# A B C# D# E) ?/? :-[ ?/? :-\ YEAH, YOU'RE RIGHT JUST JAM IS A GOOD IDEA :D ;D ;) :) ;D

BE BLESSED
FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.
Pages: [1]   Go Up