LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midi Guitar  (Read 1351 times)

Offline 4hisglory

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Learn Gospel Musiic

Midi Guitar
« on: April 11, 2007, 04:22:16 PM »
Does anyone have a midi guitar??
:)

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

Re: Midi Guitar
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 03:57:54 PM »
WHAT'S THAT BOSS MAN?  ?/? :-\ ?/?

Offline Sonar

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 09:59:24 PM »
Do you mean a guitar capable of hooking to a synth, for example?

There are some MIDI guitars made, but I've never met anyone using one. I believe Brian Moore made at least one. Very odd and specific use.

There ARE 13-pin equipped guitars (like Roland-Ready Strats & Godin guitars) that can be interfaced with MIDI units (like keyboards and rack units) to trigger sounds.

Are you specifically asking ONLY about MIDI guitars?

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 09:48:11 AM »
You can buy the Roland pickup as a stand-alone, IIRC. That would get you where you want to be.

Offline mt_spiffy

• LGM Member
    • http://www.itsmyurls.com/dspiffy

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 02:03:48 PM »
I played one at GC.  It was a fun toy, but I wouldnt see myself using it for real.

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 04:30:21 PM »
I HAD A CASIO AND A STRAT WITH THE ROLAND SETUP......THE ROLAND HAS GREAT SOUNDS BUT DONT PLAY TOO FAST A LEAD OR CHOP TOO QUICKLY.....

Offline uriahsmusic

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://WWW.URIAHSMUSIC.COM

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 04:33:16 PM »
I ALSO PLAYED ONE BY YAMAHA I THINK....SOME YEARS AGO......IT USED 6 OF THE THIN 'E' STRINGS ...SO IT WAS WIERD TO PLAY....BUT IT KEPT UP WITH FAST PLAYING.....IT WAS QUITE EXPENSIVE.

Offline hotgospelguitarist

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 04:53:43 PM »
I have a midi guitar. The CASIO PG300. Fantastic guitar. Works with two handed tapping demoed in a store by a rock guitarist. Tracked very nicely. I have also connected it to keyboards with little or basically no delay. Of course you have to adjust your playing, say when doing piano sounds, but the guitar is so versatile. It has built in sounds, so I could play key, bass or second boards (strings) if needed. I also have an Epiphone Les Paul (Hollow body) with the RMC 13pin pickup. This is again a cool setup because I have a VG88, so I can do any instrument from strat to banjo, bass guitar, 12 string, fantastic. Excellent toys. I also have a GR33. This gives me all the keyboard sounds and the saxaphone is excellent. You would'nt know it was a guitar playing unless you looked. These tools are very useful in church. You can have strings in the background while you play nylon guitar on the first four strings and bass on strings 5 and 6. Lovely. Praise God for that type of technology.
Guitar, a Temple instrument...
Pages: [1]   Go Up