LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strumming patterns....  (Read 15903 times)

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

Re: Strumming patterns....
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 06:22:54 PM »
don't get me wrong, there are times, especially in guitar driven rock type music that you'll be playing electric and having more definite rythm patterns (i don't use the word strum because it makes me picture someone just strumming along on an acoustic).......but i was thinking in the context of gospel music, which you'll rarely hear anyone strumming rythm on an electric.

I regularly strum throghuout entire songs. Cogregational songs usually. The only drawback to this is that the keys and I will play over each other alot. On slower songs I will play the fills and hammer-ons. I will also strum on Israel-ish songs like "Let it Rise".
A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something...

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Drummer out of pocket.
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 12:29:21 AM »
no, it's just that when you are playing electric...you'll rarely just be strumming along to a song. plus more times than not you are expected to add spice to a song, not try and hold down the rythm. even when you are playing more of a rythm thing, like maybe a funk groove, it's still not a steady strumming pattern, but more syncopated accents and stabs than just strumming chords.
YEA;Strumming patterns,do not play an important role in gospel music.Leave that for folk music or whatever.Just keep it,tight,and funky.You keep it funky by,muted strings,accents,stabs,double notes,please no FULL BARRE CHORDS,slides,bends,hammer-ons,pul-offs,triads,9th-chords,if time would permit,i would love to show you. ;)You have got to FEEEEEL ITWhere is my guitar ;D

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007, 12:46:43 AM »
YEA;Strumming patterns,do not play an important role in gospel music.Leave that for folk music or whatever.Just keep it,tight,and funky.You keep it funky by,muted strings,accents,stabs,double notes,please no FULL BARRE CHORDS,slides,bends,hammer-ons,pul-offs,triads,9th-chords,if time would permit,i would love to show you. ;)You have got to FEEEEEL ITWhere is my guitar ;D

go find it and record a track for the jam....

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2007, 08:09:23 AM »
go find it and record a track for the jam....

Please do... I'm drowning...

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Strumming patterns....
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2007, 10:54:34 AM »
Uuuggghhh.....so much to learn. :|

:)
YOU CAN DO IT ;)Trackman,is so right.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up