LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Positon,Power&Pride  (Read 3580 times)

Offline geelevit

• LGM Member
    • http://

Positon,Power&Pride
« on: August 06, 2004, 04:07:07 PM »
I'm prayerfully trying to make a decision as leave or stay in our church band. There are so many negative attidudes flowing in our music ministry period.At times the musician don't even greet each other. There nothing but cold stares sometimes.Many Sunday's we don't know what we are going to play. We rehearse during rehearsal but each Sunday the song are changed before service.(this is done by the Worship ministry director) Our band is comprised of musicians that are all at begining levels of music the youngest being 11 to oldest being 40.
There are 5 children and 3 adults in the band. The children are never serious about the music all they do is laugh play and make fun of one another during rehearsals and sometimes during church. There's only 1 real musician and he has been actually training each of us on our perspective instruments.He's a very good musician but he plays alot too.A lot of his influence is not too positive for the younger ones.
   All I want to do is learn my instrument to the fullest and play to the Lord in worship but its very hard when people only care about titles and position.
I don't know what to do because i like my church but our music ministry
is a snake pit.

Offline jayjay

• LGM Member

Positon,Power&Pride
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2004, 09:45:38 PM »
For this kind can only be cast out through prayer and fasting.  Let the Lord lead you and if He leads you away from confusion don't look back and if he leads you to stay then-keep looking up.   Bruh your deliverance is nigh.  Mad love to ya!

Offline geelevit

• LGM Member

Positon,Power&Pride
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 11:20:22 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation JayJay! Mark 9:29 is the scripture that I've be meditating on. God is good!!!

Offline crazybass

• LGM Member

Positon,Power&Pride
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 02:11:16 PM »
I would advise lifting the music ministry up in prayer first and seeking God's will in the situation.  After praying and hearing from God, you may wish to address your concerns and observations with the music ministry adults.  You are correct to be concerned about the children because they are taking their cues from the adults.  If we believe that God is who His word says He is, then He will surely work it out.  In the meantime, purpose in your mind that you will praise God with your talent and trust that others will take your cue as God deals and speaks with them.  Be sure that you have heard from the Lord before you make a decision to leave or not.  Sometimes God allows situations that may be trying for us, but we know that if we persevere we are assured the victory.  Who knows, you may be the vessel that God will use to lift your church's music ministry to the next level in Him.  You may wish to lead the group in prayer before rehearsals and set the atmosphere for a productive and blessed time.  The Word never fails!!!!  We will keep you and your ministry in prayer.

Blessed
crazybass (NYC)

Offline cjeyzz69

• LGM Member

Positon,Power&Pride
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 02:57:33 PM »
I've just got out of a similar boat almost but were out of the storm now.  This is a band of older musicians all of us are seasoned in our own right, we all come from different backgrounds of music, but I would have to say keep your ministry lifted up in prayer I'm a witness it does change things even where the children are concerned. I like most of us have been thru the rehersals where none of us will speak to the other. Or we could practice one thing and by Sunday morning it was totally different song that I've forgotten or what ever, my advice to you is just play put in some extra practice on your own at home even without your amp, if it's in you to maginfy the Lord then at all cost do just that.... And you will be blessed, and then you find yourself comming into your own with your instrument and the Lord will make you shine for his glory not your own don't forget we wrestle not against flesh and blood.......... Just call satan out tell him he has no place in your ministry he will leave....

Think about it like this:
The will of God won't take you where the grace of God won't keep you.  Your there for a reason and God didn't make a mistake when he placed you there so suck it up a little and let God work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up