LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alesis Multimix and Cubase Le  (Read 1952 times)

Offline JoashStilltheman

• LGM Member

Alesis Multimix and Cubase Le
« on: April 23, 2007, 08:28:35 PM »
Anybody use the Alesis Multimix USB mixer? How many tracks can it record simultaneously on cubase?
Joash....still the man

Offline Dredakyst

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: Alesis Multimix and Cubase Le
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 10:47:16 AM »
I would check the manual to be sure... But if you are connected Via Firewire you should be able to do several tracks at once... you would just need to assign the tracks in cubase to the proper channels and set the proper modes(stereo/mono)

Offline TheReturn

• LGM Member
  • Me In My ZONE!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 06:28:39 PM »
I THINK THAT THE ALESIS USB MIXER ONLY CAN'T PROVIDE YOUR COMPUTER WITH A MIXED OUT. WHICH MEANS IF YOU WANT TO RECORD MULTPLE TRACKS YOU WOULD HAVE TO MIX ALL OF YOU TRACKS ON THE ACTUAL MIXER BEFORE YOU RECORD.

THINK OF IT LIKE THIS, IF YOU WERE RUNNING THE SOUND SYSTEM AT YOUR CHURCH, THE OUTPUT ON THE MIXER BOARD WOULD GO TO THE AMP WHICH WOULD GO TO THE SPEAKERS RIGHT? WELL INSTEAD OF THE OUTPUT GOING TO THE AMPS THEN THE SPEAKERS ITS GOING TO YOUR COMPUTER.

SO YOU CAN ONLY RECORD A MASTER TRACK THAT'S STEREO.

I REALLY HOPE I DIDN'T CONFUSE YOU. IF I DIDN'T JUST HIT ME UP AND I'LL GIVE YOU SOME LINKS THAT CAN EXPLAIN IT BETTER IN DEPTH.

HOLLA
CATRON/TheReturn
TRANSPOSING IS FOR CHEATERS. (thats why i want to quit)

Offline JoashStilltheman

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 09:35:26 PM »
Oh okay thanks for the explanation. I have a Lexicon Lambda interface which can do 2 simultaneous tracks so I was wondering if I could get more simultaneous track recording with the Multimix since it has more channels but that isn't the case. Also , u Can't do firewire on the multimix. I think it only does usb.
Joash....still the man

Offline TheReturn

• LGM Member
  • Me In My ZONE!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 10:17:45 PM »
ACTUALLY THEY HAVE A FIREWIRE VERSION O THE USB MULTIMIX. BUT THIS VERSION CAN'T SEND ALL SEND CHANNEL TO THE COMPUTER.

IF YOUR UP FOR IT, RETURN THE MULTIMIX AND PUT DOWN ABOUT 2-300$ MORE DOLLARS FOR THE FIREWIRE.

I HAVEN'T HEARD ANY REVIEWS ON HOW WELL IT PERFORMS BUT ITS WORTH A TRY IF YOU REALLY WANT THOSE INPUTS.

HOLLA
CATRON/TheReturn
TRANSPOSING IS FOR CHEATERS. (thats why i want to quit)

Offline JoashStilltheman

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 09:19:53 PM »
Thanks a lot but I haven't bought it yet :)
Joash....still the man
Pages: [1]   Go Up