LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorite drummer[s]? Open post.  (Read 18744 times)

Offline Icecold24k

• LGM Member
    • http://

My favorite drummers
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2004, 09:22:41 PM »
I have alot of favorites I like Calvin Rodgers,Chris Kee,Ladell Abrams,Joel Smith, Marvin Maquitty , I like Justin Brown who plays for Love Center but my all time favorite is me I have the most outrageous fills and im sick on the ride .

lil bryant 1987 of bmore

shed
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2004, 06:04:04 PM »
ok im letting every body kno abouit this shed early so mad people can come ok theres an shed an december at this church in bmore right but its at an banquet hall but u got to pay 2 $ too get in thats not  nuffin ,but you got to pay 2$ because there are going to be food there so its something new we r going to have 5 to 6 drumsets and different instruments like the organ key boards bass and stuff like that so im letting yall kno ahead of time its going to be on a friday night  the christmas week so many people can come .you can be from anywhere but try 6to make it ok i will   holla back at yall lett every body know.

My favorite drummers
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2004, 09:45:11 AM »
My favorite drummers are Will Kennedy & Gary Novak. They are not Gospel drummers, but they are HOT!!! Even though I live in Bmore, I am not a big Dennis Chambers fan. I like him, but the only thing that really is impressive about him is how fast he can move around the kit. As far as his musical ideas, I am not very impressed. He has sounded the same for the last decade plus. Somebody said that nobody is doing what he does, and I beg to differ. He is not the cleanest nor the most innovative. He is  very good, but Vinnie, Dave Weckl and Gregg Bissonette are so much more tasteful. None of the three are as fast as Dennis, but they are all cleaner and more tasteful. Most guys in church only like Dennis because he is busy. I would suggest listening to cats like Omar Hakim and Lil John who have thick pockets and big pay checks. Most drummers in Baltimore have chops but no groove. We have a cat here named Royal who I think has a good pocket.

drummin-4Christ

Marvin McQuitty
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2004, 11:16:15 AM »
:(  unfortunatley Marvin McQuitty has left Fred Hammond and RFC. However Calvin Rodgers is a sick drummer. Marvin McQuitty is my favourite drummer, i've learned most of the things i know from him. Calvin Rodgers has got rolls and all that but when i saw him live he wasn't in the music as much as Marvin. Every hit of a cymbal, tom, kick and snare are in the right place at the right time. Also Marvin plays in the spirit and that makes a BIG difference.

jarrell_d

Favorite drummer[s]? Open post.
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2004, 12:01:26 PM »
HOLD JUST ONE SEC..... what do u mean that Marvin doesn't play for Fred anymore???.... i've been listening to Fred and Marvin since the oooold F. Hammond dayz..(remmber I am Persuaded..haha)....

So where is Marvin now? Is he playin for someone else? and how do u know?

Offline Dogket

• LGM Member
    • http://w_samuel0.tripod.com

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2004, 01:47:51 PM »
Jeanice from RIZEN
In whatever you do put God First

SnEEkEE

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2004, 06:51:45 PM »
I know all of u lot are from da U.S.A i understand and i like all of the same drummers u like:- Marvin mcquitty, Calvin Rodgers, Ladell Abrams, Calvin Napper, Mario Winans & MY PERSONAL FAVOURITE RAY BADY when he used 2 play. All of u guys from america need 2 listen 2 the next generation drummers cummin from BIRMINGHAM, ENGLAND :-Matthew Brooks(drummin 4 christ), Graham Campbel, Marcus Copland & Elliot Fithe.

Don't get me wrong all u americans are basically the best drummers in the world but these are the next generation.

I am also a drummer but i am not up 2 all of you other drummers standards.                      peace out y'all

drummin-4Christ

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2004, 09:03:22 AM »
Well my favourite drummers are Marvin McQuitty (my favourite), Calvin Napper, Ray Bady, Calvin Rodgers, and Mario Winans (when he used 2 play Gospel).

SnEEkEE aint lying tho, there's a lot of good drummers coming through in England. He is one of them, he plays like Calvin Rodgers (some crazy rolls and all that) and Ray Bady and he's still young. Give him a year or 2 and he'll be just as good as them guys. He aint just talented tho, he's anointed and he lets God play through him when plays, so he can minister 2 people while being ministered 2 himself at the same time.

There aint much drummers that i like in England but SnEEkEE (Daniel Gordon) is my favourite, then it's Graham Campbell, Gareth Brown, Chris Bailey, Elliot Fithe, and Marcus Copeland.

God is gonna do a NEW THING with us English musicians. The Americans are better but it'll be our humble spirit, our relationship with God and not just playing (when we get behing a kit) but worshipping and making sure God gets the glory out of everything we do on the kit.

Well God Bless you,

God is GOOD all the TIME, ALL the TIME God is GOOD!

lilbryant 1987 of bmore

Re: My favorite drummers
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2004, 07:03:58 PM »
Quote from: MrBud
My favorite drummers are Will Kennedy & Gary Novak. They are not Gospel drummers, but they are HOT!!! Even though I live in Bmore, I am not a big Dennis Chambers fan. I like him, but the only thing that really is impressive about him is how fast he can move around the kit. As far as his musical ideas, I am not very impressed. He has sounded the same for the last decade plus. Somebody said that nobody is doing what he does, and I beg to differ. He is not the cleanest nor the most innovative. He is  very good, but Vinnie, Dave Weckl and Gregg Bissonette are so much more tasteful. None of the three are as fast as Dennis, but they are all cleaner and more tasteful. Most guys in church only like Dennis because he is busy. I would suggest listening to cats like Omar Hakim and Lil John who have thick pockets and big pay checks. Most drummers in Baltimore have chops but no groove. We have a cat here named Royal who I think has a good pocket.
yo whats ur name cause i live in bmore too yo my name is bryant whats urs.holla

lil bryant 1987 of bmore

Re: My favorite drummers
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2004, 07:07:22 PM »
Quote from: lilbryant 1987 of bmore
yo whats ur name cause i live in bmore too yo my name is bryant whats urs.holla
oh i forgot what about lil devin he got an nice pocket too dont u think theres quite an few drummers here though with pocket.

lil bryant 1987 of bmore

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2004, 07:26:25 PM »
Quote from: all_pocket
Is Lil Bryant 1987 of BMore Bryant Thompson???      If so hit ur uncle back.  Oh yeah, let me get a copy of that tape too, if its u.
naw dis is bryant wilson

T-Town

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2004, 03:39:26 PM »
Shawn Williams Is my favorite drummer

My Name...
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2004, 03:21:30 PM »
My Name is Curtis. I live in West Bmore. Holla!!!! Devin is a pretty good drummer. Kevin Ellis has a good pocket with good feel. I have heard most of the drummers that you have named, but a lot of them are not band players. Bmore drummers have a ton of chops, but the ability to groove is not there with most of them.

lilbryant 1987 of bmore

Re: My Name...
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2004, 06:54:53 PM »
My Name is Curtis. I live in West Bmore. Holla!!!! Devin is a pretty good drummer. Kevin Ellis has a good pocket with good feel. I have heard most of the drummers that you have named, but a lot of them are not band players. Bmore drummers have a ton of chops, but the ability to groove is not there with most of them.
yo u play trombone yo right for tye.

PEE WEE

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2004, 12:34:30 PM »
YO I THINK MY FAVORITE DRUMMER IS BRYANT WILSON FROM BMORE HE HAS A PHAT POCKET, HE GOT THT JAZZ IN HIM, HEHAS TH ABILITY T GROOVE AND HIS CHOPS IS SO TASTFUL IN HIS PLAYIN. I LOOK UP TO HIM SO MUCH AND I SHED WITHIM A LOT N HIS BASEMENTAND HE IS SOOOO CLEAN AND SICK WIT IT. BRYANT WILSON IS THE ONE. ANY ONE SEE ATALL BOY WIT DREDS KILLIN ON THE DRUMS WIT GLASSES ITS BRYANT WILSON. HE IS MY FAVORITE.

Offline Spirit_Musiq

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2004, 03:57:40 PM »
I'm feelin Sneekee and drummin 4 Christ....Graham Campbell and Marcus Copeland go to Bethel init because I have seen them in Convention and all them big meetings (I go Bethel too) and yeah they are sick on the drums....but y'all need to know about Simon Moore from Manchester (he goes Bethel too) now he can smash it up on the drums he is my favourite drummer....i give him nuff ratings. All those in England look out for him, he makes alot of t.v. appearances.

Offline lilbryant

• LGM Member

favorite drummer
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2004, 12:25:47 PM »
my favorite drummer is davon marshburn hes an beast he shut me down in my basement and he shut me down in a shed  his timing is sooooooooo sick   yo he got an style of calvin ,marvin,sput,and royal and devin for real he got jazz latin his pocket is amazing.his shouting music is triffiling yo hes an super beast yo i swear. if u see an ***** behind the set wit cornrolls ,and a silver chain that look like carmelo anthony thats davon

blaquegenius

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2004, 07:23:19 PM »
let me go ahead and and my 3 cents to this. for real this list is in no particuliar order, just drummers I like: Gerald Heyward, Jo Jo Mayer, Aaron Spears, Eric Valentine, Calvin Rodgers, Calvin Napper, Spank, Eric Tribbet, Jeff Davis, Marvin Maquity, Isaiah Williams ( young kid from DC off the chain)

straight up there are so many drummers I respect and appreciate, most are from the DC area, all y'all keep doing your thang for the Lord, that's where our talents come from anyway...

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2004, 01:41:01 AM »
Quote from: SUPER-D
LADELL ABRAMS USE TO PLAY FOR MY OLDER BROTHERS CHOIR B ACK IN LANSING, MICHIGAN. BECAUSE I GREW UP LISTENING TO HIM SEEING HIM DEVELOPE INTO THE "MONSTER" HE IS HE IS THE BEST DRUMMER HANDS DOWN!!

DANIEL A.A. ISHMEL
LIFE EVERLASTING MEMBER 4 LIFE

Dan, is that you? - This is Punkin!  
Hows mom and dad doing and your sisters & brothers. Miss you all.

email me at my office......
dwight.e.walls@aetravelmail.com

Offline scoodah

• LGM Member

Re: Favorite drummer[s]? Open post.
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2006, 04:55:18 PM »
No particular order: Teddy Campbell,Dave Weckl, Nisan Stewart, Gerald Heyward, Chris Coleman,
"Don't sag in your dress slacks"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up