LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The LGM Ultimate Music Theory Collection  (Read 125516 times)

Offline dharris3

• LGM Member
  • I love the Lord!

Re: The LGM Ultimate Music Theory Collection
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2009, 08:29:09 PM »
This seems like it's gonna be very helpful. Thank you! ;D

Offline phbrown

• LGM Member
  • Google Fiber

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2009, 02:46:40 PM »
Basic Progressions: http://forums.learngospelmusic.com/index.php/topic,15720.0.html

Is this the correct link? I noticed it was different from many of the other links, since it has forums.learngospelmusic.com

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2009, 03:59:21 PM »
Is this the correct link? I noticed it was different from many of the other links, since it has forums.learngospelmusic.com

Yeah, it's right. Did u click on the link? It should take u right to what it says.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline don_davio

• LGM Member

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2010, 06:12:38 AM »
The method that I use to learn songs is this:

Materials needed are song, keyboard, pencil & paper or computer to type on

1. Listen to the song a few times w/out your keyboard.  Get the tune in your head.

2. Figure out the key of the song, the bass notes, and some key melody notes.  Write them down if necessary

3. Turn the bass notes into scale degree numbers so that I can see what kind of progression(s) I have.

4. Start plugging in chords that I think will work for the song based on progressions I have already learned and practiced.  The melody notes I figured out will determine what inversion to play my chords in cuz the melody is usually the top note.

5.  If the chords I play don't really fit, I listen to the song and try to figure out what they are doing.  If there are some unfamiliar chords or runs being played that I think are cool to add to my playing, I will try to figure it out.

6.  Keep rewinding and fast-forwarding until you're satisfied with what you come up with.

7.  Play along with the CD to check yourself.  Play it for someone else who knows the song and see what they think about it.

8.  If you're not strong at remembering, write everything down so that you won't forget.

It's all about using your ears when you first start to learn a song.  Once your ears hear something, your brain kicks in (or should kick in, lol) to help the ear make sense of it.  When I was first learning about progressions, I used to write everything down, every note, everything.  Now, I can do it mentally, but occasionally I do write things down and post it on here for everyone else.

Hope that helps you.

T-BLock I don't know how long you have been playing, but a brother from africa he is impressed by how much you know and grateful for the day God made you. I have been trying to improve my playing but i found that I had to pay for everything on internet until I got here and found your posts. I'm a university student, playing for a small chruch in small town and I can say that meeting you as been one of the highlights for me this year .

Thanks, Stay blessed

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2010, 08:08:56 AM »

T-BLock I don't know how long you have been playing, but a brother from africa he is impressed by how much you know and grateful for the day God made you. I have been trying to improve my playing but i found that I had to pay for everything on internet until I got here and found your posts. I'm a university student, playing for a small chruch in small town and I can say that meeting you as been one of the highlights for me this year .

Thanks, Stay blessed

You're truly welcome. I've been a musician all my life (27 years), but I've been on the keys for bout 10 years.

Offline PorcenaCedrick

• LGM Member

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2011, 03:05:38 PM »
Did anyone happen to save the Not working Links >.<

Offline PorcenaCedrick

• LGM Member

« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2011, 05:17:15 PM »
is that good or bad?

Offline ihav2p

• LGM Member

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »

the posts with broken links are still there. all you have to do is change the link a little, like this:

http://forums.learngospelmusic.com/index.php/topic,31384.0.html

should be

http://learngospelmusic.com/forums/index.php/topic,31384.0.html

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2011, 08:33:50 PM »

I'm working fast as I can to get the missing information back up.

Offline PorcenaCedrick

• LGM Member

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2011, 09:05:20 PM »
It's okay It works I found it All.. Made my own little LGM Theory book. just seriously don't know where to start XD

Offline T-Block

• LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2011, 11:09:20 AM »
*bump*

All the links should be working now. If there are any you come across that don't work, just let me know.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up