LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Proverbs 31 Woman and The Church Lady  (Read 2130 times)

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

The Proverbs 31 Woman and The Church Lady
« on: May 04, 2007, 11:25:04 AM »
This is part of a new series of messages to singles called "Idols In The Church." We compare the Proverbs 31 woman to the church lady, and the man of GOD to a slick preacher. Hope it blesses someone.

The Bible says that Idols are the works of man's hand's, but evil spirits are behind them. The Proverbs 31 woman is a standard that the Bible gives people to strive for; it is a standard for the sisters to emmulate and a standard for brothers to look for.

However, the Proverbs 31 woman has been replaced by a cheap knock-off. She looks like like the Proverbs 31 woman, because she is always in church. But if you look closely, you see differences. She isn't the Proverbs 31 Woman, she is an idol called the church lady.

The Proverbs 31 woman is a financial asset to her home. She is industrious, hard working; she has developped her talents and uses them to bless her home. The church lady is a financial liability. She has not developped any talent except how to dress, and she gets what she wants by manipulation, control and whining.

The Proverbs 31 woman sees well to her house. The church lady has no home skills.

The Proverbs 31 woman is stylish, classy and elegant. The church lady is either overdone with too much makeup and jewelry, or thinks her salvation is in her clothes and needs to put some makeup and jewelry on.

The Proverbs 31 woman can do physical stuff; the Bible describes her as clothing her arms with strength. The church lady get tired the moment it is time to do anything physical, no lawn work, no spring cleaning, no cooking anything that takes time or preperation, no turning mattresses, etc.

The Proverbs 31 woman has a husband who can't stop praising her, he says that of all the good women out there his boo has outdone all of them. The church lady's husband travels out of town to get away from her for a while.

The Proverbs 31 woman carries her Bible so she can read it. She guides her life and her house by prayer and what the Bible says. The church lady carries her Bible so she can be seen with it. She guides her life by what gets her approval from her denomination.

The Proverbs 31 woman is a leader and an example to other sisters to follow; others look to her for counsel, guidance and she wants to help others succeed in life. The church lady looks like a leader, but if you look closely she just has a posse of sisters whom she decides is either "in the clique" or "out of the clique." You'd better not succeed past what she approves of, or you are "out." 

We have replaced the Proverbs 31 woman with an idol. As a result, young single men are confused as to what to look for, and young single women are confused as to whom to emmulate. And the single population is by and large greatly a mess.

Ever notice there is no physical description of the Proverbs 31 woman? That is because she can be anyone, rich or poor / educated or uneducated / from a solid home or a broken home. Like GOD is Invisible and we serve HIM by faith, following His Spirit and His Word . . . we don't know what the Proverbs 31 woman looks like. That has made it easy to replace her with an idol, someone we can look at.

In the Old Testament, revival started when idols were torn down. Let's tear down the idol of the church lady.

Be Blessed     
Joshua 1: 7, 8

Offline BIGKU

• LGM Member
  • Blaquegenius......

Re: The Proverbs 31 Woman and The Church Lady
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 11:29:52 AM »
CHURCH!!!!!!!

That's a word to end the week on!!!!

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS BLAQUEGENIUS

Offline Old_thread

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 10:19:23 AM »
nice :), I might send this to my wife along with some flowers

Offline Hasmonean1

• LGM Member
    • HVAC International Parts

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 10:43:59 AM »
Amen.   I know I can stand some improvements.  What about the fellas?

Offline under13

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 02:06:34 PM »
Troof

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 02:51:03 PM »
SHONDO!!! Beefy word.