LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: AYE CHECK OUT THIS SHOUT BEAT AT THIS CHURCH IN MIAMI!! OFF THE WALL  (Read 2245 times)

Offline GDrummaFan

• LGM Member

I aint neva heard a church band this tight besides my cousin that live in East St.Louis [[ not bragging ]]

they say this drummer is 12 yrs old

the bass player look young too..the bass player got nice fingers and the drummer is reaaallll nice

Jay-Beezzy Doin Big Things 4 God!!!

Offline GDrummaFan

• LGM Member

check out 3:00
Jay-Beezzy Doin Big Things 4 God!!!

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A perfect man I am not, but I strive to be!

The shout music was something tight..The drummer was tight, but I cant say he was doing stuff I haven't seen or heard... Bass player is young but nice on those strings..He is playing it left handed too.. I know that change at the end I heard bowie state choir do before I don't know where it started...Once again though it was tight
I'm destined for greatness!!!

Offline Metronome

• LGM Member

Yeah.............its been posted on here  before.  its hot though...................only thing is they don't take it old school...............on the site boys was declarin it the greatest shoutin music of all tme.........i dont know bout that lol........Its sooooooooooo hot but stuff like that won't fly at every church
Keep It Funky

Offline WithLuvKay

• LGM Member

It's been posted before,The Bass player is about 13 or14,The Drummer is in College.

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

It was tight but it felt like they were just building up. I was waiting for the old school shout to start. God Bless.
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

Offline Natejam71

• LGM Member
  • Anointed Gospel Musician
    • Anointed Gospel Musician (AGM)

Yes sah... Let the church say Yeeeeaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!! Stay Blessed, Nate J.

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

It was tight but it felt like they were just building up. I was waiting for the old school shout to start. God Bless.

You took the words right out of my mouth. They were good but it just sounded like a series of transitions. They didn't lock on to that traditional bump. Ironically, this seems to be the case with a lot church bands now-a-day. I think it's due to competition and trying to come up with the tightest shout. It's just something about that traditional bump that gets you going. If you don't touch it it's like waiting in limbo. Maybe, it was just me but that organ sounded very irritating (it may have been the drawbar settings) but jeez...I had to turn it down. Big ups to the young heads though. These cats now a day are coming out of the womb gifted they just have to learn how to "tame the beast".
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline Metronome

• LGM Member

You took the words right out of my mouth. They were good but it just sounded like a series of transitions. They didn't lock on to that traditional bump. Ironically, this seems to be the case with a lot church bands now-a-day. I think it's due to competition and trying to come up with the tightest shout. It's just something about that traditional bump that gets you going. If you don't touch it it's like waiting in limbo. Maybe, it was just me but that organ sounded very irritating (it may have been the drawbar settings) but jeez...I had to turn it down. Big ups to the young heads though. These cats now a day are coming out of the womb gifted they just have to learn how to "tame the beast".
Thats the thing, EXACTLY.......they listenin to cats like Tye and James Hall and Doobie and Hez for licks only thing is that those bands hit the traditional groove as a build up to the highest point (the fire groove that has everybody makin the stank face) then they go back to tradtional and out, that is what makes a shout groove hot
Keep It Funky

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

Suga and Metro. That's right what you guys are saying. It's really all about placement. You just got to know when to to do certain things. Like Metronome said, if they were to start off with the regular bump and then build up to the things they were doing, that would of been better. Just my thoughts. They got tight stuff though. God Bless.
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

Re: AYE CHECK OUT THIS SHOUT BEAT AT THIS CHURCH IN MIAMI!! OFF THE WALL
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 09:03:48 PM »
Hmm...

After having seen this posted on LGM (at least 3 times) my opinion hasn't changed...

The jump & wave doesn't look right. ;D

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2007, 09:09:55 PM »
Actually, the guy in the robe at the podium is an awesome organist. I heard him at a state COGIC meeting that my group sang at a couple of months ago. I'm surprised he didn't hop on that organ. He's a beast.
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline mcalexan

• LGM Member

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 09:06:57 AM »
Thats the thing, EXACTLY.......they listenin to cats like Tye and James Hall and Doobie and Hez for licks only thing is that those bands hit the traditional groove as a build up to the highest point (the fire groove that has everybody makin the stank face) then they go back to tradtional and out, that is what makes a shout groove hot
I disagree, I think that it depends on what a person (or church) prefers. I think shout music has evolved into something new and it's slowly bein ushered in by the likes of Tye and hez. The only thing is is that it's foreign to the ears of some people so to further substantiate it they have to throw in that traditional thing. The traditional thing is nice too but I think it's time for some new, fresh ideas/grooves. I applaud these cats. This is real hot.
By God's Grace

Offline musicaljeanyuss

• LGM Member

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2007, 09:49:38 AM »
WOW CHECK THIS ONE OUT....LOL.....

Music is LIFE!!!

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2007, 10:21:49 AM »
They have another video also check this out!

I think the shout video was a continuation of this song.... I agree that they should have went into a traditional shout though.. :-\ 8)
Richard

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2007, 10:25:50 AM »
I have watched all of their clips and I notice that this church has a bunch of guys with " Some Sugar in Their tanks"... Im not judging but that is what it seemed likr to me!! :-\ :-X ;D
Richard

Offline Keys410

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • A perfect man I am not, but I strive to be!

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 12:08:34 PM »
I have watched all of their clips and I notice that this church has a bunch of guys with " Some Sugar in Their tanks"... Im not judging but that is what it seemed likr to me!! :-\ :-X ;D

Man if a brother don't lock his wrist when shouting, he can usually be mistaken for that....

I listened to it again..They should have took it traditional cause what happened is they over player certain parts...Like " Oh Oh Ohhhhhhhhh Oh" Played it to long...Traditional helps give you time to calm it down then go back in to a lick or something
I'm destined for greatness!!!

Offline TightestGroove

• LGM Member
  • LIVE BY THE STANDARD, PLAY BY THE STANDARD

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 03:08:13 PM »
ARE THEY USING AN MPC? THANKS A BUNCH!!

Dbrown
EAT, SLEEP, BREATHE DRUMS; CAN'T STOP 'TILL I GET ENOUGH!

Offline beantownborn

• LGM Member

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 06:27:44 PM »
OK, I know it's been a minute since I've been on here consistently.  So, this is my first time seeing this. But, please correct me if I'm wrong.  Isn't the Jump and Wave a Soca song?  I remember hearing that back in the day at parties, right after the Dollar song.  (1 cent.....5 cent......10 cent......dollar).  Hmmmmm.

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 09:12:33 PM »
OK, I know it's been a minute since I've been on here consistently.  So, this is my first time seeing this. But, please correct me if I'm wrong.  Isn't the Jump and Wave a Soca song?  I remember hearing that back in the day at parties, right after the Dollar song.  (1 cent.....5 cent......10 cent......dollar).  Hmmmmm.

I don't know man... It's still doesn't look right to me.  :-\
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up