LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keyboard for tracks????  (Read 2633 times)

Offline acts2-38

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Bad!! Just like I was

Keyboard for tracks????
« on: May 13, 2007, 11:28:01 PM »
Ive been using fruityloops to make tracks for a few years and I think it's time to upgrade to something with more professional sounds. My only problem with fruityloops is that the piano drums sound too "artificial" like a video game or something. And I noticed that various keyboards have more professional sounding instruments. That being said, what's a not so expensive keyboard that would be good to produce tracks with?????
Give a man chords to a song, you help him for a day. Teach him theory and you help forever!!!

T_Keys

Re: Keyboard for tracks????
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 11:37:09 PM »
Ive been using fruityloops to make tracks for a few years and I think it's time to upgrade to something with more professional sounds. My only problem with fruityloops is that the piano drums sound too "artificial" like a video game or something. And I noticed that various keyboards have more professional sounding instruments. That being said, what's a not so expensive keyboard that would be good to produce tracks with?????

how much money are you looking to spend?

Offline acts2-38

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Bad!! Just like I was

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 11:47:50 PM »
probably between 400$-600$. Im lightweight broke...I wish I could use the keyboard I got now and find out how to hook it up to record straight into the computer and be able to quantize but i think I need a different soundcard. Would that be cheaper???
Give a man chords to a song, you help him for a day. Teach him theory and you help forever!!!

Offline acts2-38

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Bad!! Just like I was

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 11:50:27 PM »
...by the way,

I saw in another post that you live in city??? Im about 2.5 hrs south of you in Decatur, I went to school up there in Addison to Devry.

Offline Dredakyst

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 09:14:50 AM »

you know 9th wonder (Mary J. Blige, Jay-Z, and Destiny's Child )still pretty much useFruity Loops 4!!!!

It is not what you have, it's how you work it...  While some things might sound "cheap", it all depends on how you filter and "tweak" the sound.

But you might want to consider, sampled sounds and drum kits...that will fit directly into your DAW(Digital Audio Workstation)

What a lot of industry cats do is:  taking a kick, snare and etc... and then taking those clips and making their own libraries

If you're looking for piano/Rhodes/guitar samples/patches... There are gig's & tons of that stuff out there... for a fraction of the cost of a high-end keyboard....

Offline Dredakyst

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 09:18:42 AM »
9th wonder's setup 

Equipment

Below is a list of equipment used by 9th Wonder to produce beats. The information is extracted from remixmag.com.

Computers, DAWs, recording hardware:

* Dell Dimension 2650 computer
    * ViewSonic Professional Series PS775 monitor

Consoles, mixers, interfaces:

* Behringer Eurorack UB802 mixer

Samplers, drum machines, turntables, DJ mixer:

* Technics SL-1200 turntables

Synths, modules, software, plug-ins, instruments:

* Image-Line FL Studio 4 software
    * Syntrillium Cool Edit Pro 1.2 software

Mics, mic preamps, EQs, compressors, effects:

* Apex 430 condenser mic
    * ART Tube MP mic preamp

Monitors:

* Sony MDR-V600 headphones
    * M Audio BX5A Monitors

once again... An average Joe setup..but he has Grammies.... ;D so it's all on you,experience & what you hear, and trying to achieve. :)

Offline jamesc

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 05:38:46 PM »
I use Fruity Loops and Reasons, but try some VSTs, Sampletank, Native Instruments FM 8, or 7,Lounge Lizard, Just don't use the stock sounds, I will post some stuff for you to hear,some tracks I did on Fruity Loops, you'll be amazed.

Offline jamesc

• LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 05:49:31 PM »
This is a Fruity Loops Track, It is old, I haven't done ant in a while, but check it out

Offline jamesc

• LGM Member

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 05:51:06 PM »
This is a Fruity Loops Track, It is old, I haven't done ant in a while, but check it out

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=668170&songID=5058672

copy and paste the link , sorry
Pages: [1]   Go Up