LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just not playing well  (Read 817 times)

Offline dcrosby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Just not playing well
« on: May 22, 2007, 11:40:48 PM »
Are there ever times that you just feel like you did not play well in a service? I had that feeling tonight at another church and afterwards I was just so disgusted with myself. Is that normal? Should I feel like that?
1. "How you live is how you play." Is your music worth listening to?
2. Satan was a musician too!

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

Re: Just not playing well
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 06:28:04 AM »
Are there ever times that you just feel like you did not play well in a service? I had that feeling tonight at another church and afterwards I was just so disgusted with myself. Is that normal? Should I feel like that?

I’ll admit that there have been times when after playing during a service I felt a little disappointed by my performance, mainly due to the fact that I know what and how I can play. Our toughest critic is ourselves and its always good to critic your playing but you should not feel bad, you should simply attempt to improve as we all do.

Offline bradleymoorer

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Bringing da bass in Jesus name!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/minbrad

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 07:17:15 AM »
What type of atmosphere was in the place? I know it is hard for me to minister if I keep looking out and seeing stone-face people.

What type of attitude did you bring into the service? sometimes we as humans can let outside influences interfere with our praise. Before you start any kind of service you should get before the Lord and pray.

Bradley AKA Bass Monkey

Offline dcrosby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 06:15:12 PM »
Yeah good points bradley. I guess I was a little intimidated by some of the congregation. I could tell that they were really listening to everything I was doing. Also it was a church with an older congregation. I'm naturally a 60/40 contemporary to traditional guy and it's not as easy for me to pick up their praise and worship songs... I don't know I can always make some type of excuse but I don't want to. I definitely pray before everytime I play. I guess it was just one of those days.
1. "How you live is how you play." Is your music worth listening to?
2. Satan was a musician too!
Pages: [1]   Go Up