LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: This is for bass players just starting out...  (Read 70755 times)

Offline johnflindsey

• LGM Member
  • Our God is God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: This is for bass players just starting out...
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2011, 03:54:34 PM »
Hey all new beginners,,,, before you go out and buy an expensive bass check this site out.  www.rondomusic.com bassess starting out at $109.00 and up.  They are good quality Ash bodies and maple necks.  I've been looking at these basses for a year.  I brought one of the higher models that was for $189.00 i was so so impressed i brought 3 more. 

Marq D.

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2011, 08:35:57 PM »
Aloha and thanks for posting this. Been playing about 5 months self taught and still very much a novice (I can get through "Mary had a little lamb" okay, but that's about it :D) so any help is always appreciated.  I found this site because Im also the Co-Worship leader (unofficial) and was searching for Chords and came across here. Praise be to God from who ALL blessings flow indeed!

Offline RaymondGroove

• LGM Member

« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2011, 06:23:56 PM »
Hello. The information is very useful. Hope to learn a lot more here. Let us praise God.

Offline Jaydub12

• LGM Member

« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2012, 11:24:58 AM »
Hey everybody,
I'm just starting out and trying to learn as much as possible as fast as possible. Any suggestions on what to practice first :). I've been practicing scales. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to be able to PRAISE the LORD with a stringed instrument.

Be Blessed !

Offline kingjames59

• LGM Member

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2012, 08:20:51 AM »
I would say: 1 learn the scale above and below the root, 2 learn the number system, 3 walking basslines

Offline Renjito

• LGM Member

« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2012, 10:14:36 AM »
Hi everybody I'm a aspiring bass player from the Netherlands and looking to learn from all of you guys!! Especially the gospel  :)!! God bless you all!
Making radical choices in illogical situations: True Worship. Jesus Christ forever!

babakalaa

« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2012, 11:22:22 AM »
thanks so much bro this has really helped a lot...!

Offline donnyragsdale

• LGM Member

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2013, 04:18:09 PM »
I like the SR and BTB models of Ibanez. I think they make good basses all around.....

I agree, I have a 4, 5, and6 string. just go to Ibanez website.

Offline masterdon

• LGM Member
  • Old School Player, but New to the Game

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2013, 01:45:36 AM »
I'm also new to the bass. i've been playing for about 20+ years. i was taught by my brother, (RIP), but only to play by ear. i just recently started playing for my church and i'm quite confused about all of this. i tried studying and taking lots of notes on tablature,chord progression and scales. iknow some of the basic butnever learned to read music. i play pretty good, but want to expand my knowledge. i have a 4-string and planning to upgrade to a 5 string and could really use some input.

Old time player, but new to the game.

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2013, 04:39:48 PM »
Welcome to LGM. The Rondo basses are ok for starters. I will say the one I bought had a pretty big neck for a six string  so a beginner could get discouraged based on the situation. Its best to go to a music store and play around before you buy the five. Search for bass lessons in this forum and there should be plenty of information to get you started.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline masterdon

• LGM Member

« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2013, 12:50:08 PM »
Can anybody help me? I'm in need of the bass notes to Overthere by the Full Gospel Fellowship Baptist Mass Choir. I would love to learn this song.

Offline masterdon

• LGM Member

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2013, 08:09:32 PM »
Does anyone have the bass notes to LuLa Collins's Almighty God?

Offline Kandrews

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

I am a Fender Man!  You can't change me!

Offline fianna

• LGM Member

« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2014, 12:23:03 PM »
I am just learning the bass just started lastweek I have always wanted to learn any advise for me. the first thing I am doing now is learning were the notes are on the bass

Offline berbie

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2014, 02:01:23 PM »
Technique is important.  You have to learn the mechanics(fretting and plucking) of playing the bass.  If you start off on the wrong foot,  it can cripple you as you learn.  You tube has many tutorials on the proper mechanics of playing. 

If you are playing a five string, the strings follow the circle of fourths(fifths) all the way up exactly.  So that makes it easy to learn the notes on the 5 string.  Ex.  Open strings B-E-A-D-G.  First fret  C-F-Bb-Eb-Ab and on.  If you learn the notes on the first string, then you know all the notes if you know the circle of fourths.

Then learn the major and minor scale patterns and the number system.  These patterns repeat themselves all over the fretboard.  The pattern in C is the excact same as the pattern in C# and on and on.  The number system allows you to transpose very easily.

Listen to a lot of music for bass progressions.  Learn them well as they tend to be repeated over and over in different songs.  As soon as you can play some, try to play with other musicians. 

There is much tutorial info on this site.  Search it out.  Good luck on you venture. There are many good bass players on this site that can be much more informative than I.  They are glad to help.  Review old posts in the bass section 

Offline Wesley16

• LGM Member

« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2014, 01:46:36 AM »
I am just learning the bass just started lastweek I have always wanted to learn any advise for me. the first thing I am doing now is learning were the notes are on the bass

Check out a website called studybass.com. Very helpful information at that site.

Offline Ruby Rufus

• LGM Member

« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2014, 04:51:18 AM »
I love this, i was praying for an opportunity like this. I thank God for this site. God bless u for helping me

Offline kennymaurice

• LGM Member

« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2014, 08:57:15 AM »
Hi.everyone im new to this post also to this Bass ,ive played Guitar for a little while,and just like to learn more

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2014, 03:12:20 PM »
Hi.everyone im new to this post also to this Bass ,ive played Guitar for a little while,and just like to learn more
Welcome to LGM!
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline drmadison

• LGM Member

« Reply #79 on: October 28, 2014, 02:21:29 PM »
hey everyone, thanks for all the help. this site has truly been a blessing.
God is able!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up