LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: takamine guitar  (Read 3848 times)

Offline docsmith

• LGM Member

takamine guitar
« on: August 13, 2004, 09:39:21 AM »
Does anyone have a preference for an acoustic-electric guitar vs an electric guitar when playing during church service?
Can anyone comment on the takamine EG544SC guitar? It is made for guitar center by takamine.

Thanks,
docsmith

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

takamine guitar
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 02:28:16 PM »
That all depends on what style of music you are playing.  Generally I play all electric.  To me, it's more versatile, because if you need a dirty part, or a lead, it's right there.  the only time I play my acoustic in church is on special occasions where I will play something like "God of wonders" where there is a definite acoustic part in the song already.  But, half of the stuff we do, I haven't heard elsewhere, so I just play what I need to in order to fill out the song.

As for the specific model you mentioned, I don't know, but generally, Takamine makes a good guitar.  I play a Den Exotica QSE, which I got for about $450, and I have been very impressed with it.

Hope that helps.

Offline mike251

• LGM Member

a good guitar for church?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 03:21:02 PM »
8)
Try looking at a Schecter electric C-1 Semi-Hollow.  This guitar has the tone to cut thru anything.  I own one and loving it. Comes with two input jacks one for electric sound ,and the other for folk sound. I've put down my 76 Gibson Firebird for this baby.

Check it out before you buy anything!!!!

My trick with this guitar is to plug straight into the mixer board for the electric sound and take the second input to the AMP, miked for acoustic sounds.  What a phat sound.....

Mike251

Offline BBoy

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Let's Praise Jesus Together!

takamine guitar
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 05:01:41 PM »
My former guitar teacher had a "baby" electric, and it sounded good. BUt it was about a fifteen hundred dollar guitar. If you want to bring out the guitar sound, electric is probably the best way to go.

However, I personally like the acoustic electric. Maybe it's the side of me that likes all types of music, but the acoustic electric is cheaper, gives a good sound as long as it is plugged into a good sound system. But it is still acoustic, and it doesn't "cut" like the electric. Just my opinion . . .

Be Blessed.
Joshua 1: 7, 8
Pages: [1]   Go Up