LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The songs you don't know  (Read 748 times)

Offline dcrosby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

The songs you don't know
« on: May 22, 2007, 11:44:09 PM »
So many people who are not musicians just think that we are walking ipods or jukeboxes that can pick up any song ever sang. I don't know about you, but that is a weakness that I have and I'm trying to get better at it. In a service where someone gets up and starts singing a song you've never heard before in your life and it's hard to figure out the song. What is the appropriate/professional thing to?
1. "How you live is how you play." Is your music worth listening to?
2. Satan was a musician too!

Offline bradleymoorer

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Bringing da bass in Jesus name!!!
    • http://www.myspace.com/minbrad

Re: The songs you don't know
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 07:22:59 AM »
It depends on your skill level, if you are able to follow along then go for it, A lot of gospel progessions are and usually after one time through you pretty much know where they are going.

But if you are not able, give it time and experience, you will be able to follow after a while, meanwhile let them sing without music. If I can't figure the song out then the only thing I am doing is causing distraction trying to figure it out so I just sing along (if I can) some people seem like they are singing a song a they made up in there car on the way to service!

Peace!
Bradley AKA Bass Monkey

Offline MrSparrow

• LGM Member

Re: The songs you don't know
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 11:31:13 AM »
Stay on this website and learn your theory... Most singers can tell you where they're going by following their voice. Study the circle of fifths and you'll be fine...

MrSparrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up