LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I play the keys how can I become good on the drums  (Read 1599 times)

keys4jesus

I play the keys how can I become good on the drums
« on: August 25, 2004, 04:37:34 PM »
hey whaz good my name is tracy and I play the keys so therefore I know a little about the drums but I can play fast songs better than slow what do I need to work on and how

changing lanes
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 06:43:02 PM »
I would suggest that you start by learning what the keys are. Then learn the basic scales, then learn how to form the basic chords. Also learn what the chords sound like. Gospel is probably the easiest style to learn in its most basic form. Learn a few basic songs that have the progressions that are common to church music. 90% of gospel artist use the same progressions and structure. It is not like they are fusion or jazz improvisers. Start at the basics. You don't need to learn to read if you are not going to play classical music. Not that it is bad, but for commercial music, from Gospel/R&B/pop/rock/hip hop, there is not too much to it. You can learn what progressions and chords and scales sound like and be on your way. No offense to sight reading, but sight reading does not teach you how to play an instrument. It can help you learn tunes, but most classical musician (90% and more) can master songs after they learn them from sight reading. Take the paper away and tell them to just play, and you will not get nothing out of them. Just do what I said and you will be fine.

Offline KEYS4JESUS

• LGM Member
    • http://

Re: changing lanes
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 05:47:59 PM »
Quote from: MrBud
I would suggest that you start by learning what the keys are. Then learn the basic scales, then learn how to form the basic chords. Also learn what the chords sound like. Gospel is probably the easiest style to learn in its most basic form. Learn a few basic songs that have the progressions that are common to church music. 90% of gospel artist use the same progressions and structure. It is not like they are fusion or jazz improvisers. Start at the basics. You don't need to learn to read if you are not going to play classical music. Not that it is bad, but for commercial music, from Gospel/R&B/pop/rock/hip hop, there is not too much to it. You can learn what progressions and chords and scales sound like and be on your way. No offense to sight reading, but sight reading does not teach you how to play an instrument. It can help you learn tunes, but most classical musician (90% and more) can master songs after they learn them from sight reading. Take the paper away and tell them to just play, and you will not get nothing out of them. Just do what I said and you will be fine.

COULD YOU HELP ME BY GIVING ME CHORDS BECAUSE RIGHT NOW THE PLAYER FOR MY CHRUCH IS VERY BUSY AND THERE IS REALLY NO ONE ELSE.

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

I play the keys how can I become good on the drums
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 09:23:56 PM »
Are you asking for help with playing the keyboard or drums? If you want help on the keyboard, then you should go to the piano room. If you need help with drums, then I say just go and watch others play then try and imitate it, while putting your little spin on it.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

Re: I play the keys how can I become good on the drums
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 12:19:20 AM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOL! I wanted to do my part to bring up the past so here's my contribution!!! Ima answer it too!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 12:23:15 AM »
hey whaz good my name is tracy and I play the keys so therefore I know a little about the drums but I can play fast songs better than slow what do I need to work on and how

Tracy! Hhmmm! You cant! Leave the drumming to us! Pastors pay you all more then us anyway! What! Pay not good enough so you need to take what little the drummers get!!! Theres a reason you are not a good drummer! Its because youre not one!!!!  ;D Do you guys think she will get the message? Its from 2004, LOL!!!

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 12:35:37 AM »

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 06:25:13 AM »

lol!

JFunky

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 07:28:51 AM »
LOLOLOLOLOLOL! I wanted to do my part to bring up the past so here's my contribution!!! Ima answer it too!

Pages: [1]   Go Up