LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whats the easiest way to..  (Read 1111 times)

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Whats the easiest way to..
« on: May 24, 2007, 06:28:40 AM »
....crack/damage your cymbals?  Or bust drumheads? Does it have anything to do with room tempature, or is its abusive playing?   I have been tasked with upgrading and overseeing the pit and the drummer rapidly going through cymbals and drum heads are a big topic. So big that they are hesitant about providing funds to replace them. All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Im too tall to act small.

JFunky

Re: Whats the easiest way to..
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 07:22:16 AM »
...get that joka off of the kit ASAP.  Here's the problem.......Technique.  I also hope he's not using Ahead Sticks. :-\

...okay so, hittin' the cymbals require a nice "sweep" action.  It's obvious he's playing like Travis Barker and going straight ahead like a Mack Truck versus a Honda Civic.

...the next thing.....he's diggin' into the head instead of pulling the sound out.  If you see lil' dents or craters on a Pinstripe or any other 2ply head, he's hittin' way too hard or using Vic Firth American Sound 5A's. :-\ ;D

...sooooo you guys need to get Travis Barker Jr. off of the kit and tell him to calm it down and study with someone on technical issues before he ruins it for everyone.  Trust me doc'.  This is the very reason why it took my church a long time to get a new "anything".

...as a matter of fact.  Meet with him privately and professionally and tell him the views of the program, vision and plans.  Let him or her know that if he wants to be a part of it he's going to have to work on his technical skills.  Otherwise, it's time for someone else to step in.  If he doesn't understand, fly Sabe and j_kay over there and he'll get it. lol

...if he still doesn't understand, then we need to bring in the Elite....bigblackdrummer, juSe, sheen, freddy, E-R, BEATBOXERZ.  This will not be a "nice" or "happy" meeting. (Godfather IV) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 09:17:09 AM »
That guy can't be using Aheads, he is probably playing with Sledge Hammers....lol.... People always complain about their cymbals breaking but I have had no problems out of my Fast Crash, I have owned it for about a year and some change and it is still brand new.... This guys needs some serious talking to....  Unless he's endorsed, which he isn't, He should be more considerate because hes not the one coming out of pocket and n buying this stuff!! :-\  :-\ ::)
Richard

Offline 3rd-Day

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 11:40:01 AM »
...get that joka off of the kit ASAP.  Here's the problem.......Technique.  I also hope he's not using Ahead Sticks. :-\

...okay so, hittin' the cymbals require a nice "sweep" action.  It's obvious he's playing like Travis Barker and going straight ahead like a Mack Truck versus a Honda Civic.

...the next thing.....he's diggin' into the head instead of pulling the sound out.  If you see lil' dents or craters on a Pinstripe or any other 2ply head, he's hittin' way too hard or using Vic Firth American Sound 5A's. :-\ ;D

...sooooo you guys need to get Travis Barker Jr. off of the kit and tell him to calm it down and study with someone on technical issues before he ruins it for everyone.  Trust me doc'.  This is the very reason why it took my church a long time to get a new "anything".

...as a matter of fact.  Meet with him privately and professionally and tell him the views of the program, vision and plans.  Let him or her know that if he wants to be a part of it he's going to have to work on his technical skills.  Otherwise, it's time for someone else to step in.  If he doesn't understand, fly Sabe and j_kay over there and he'll get it. lol

...if he still doesn't understand, then we need to bring in the Elite....bigblackdrummer, juSe, sheen, freddy, E-R, BEATBOXERZ.  This will not be a "nice" or "happy" meeting. (Godfather IV) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 
You know what?/I was thinking that it had to be his technique but because I am not a drummer I could not make that determination intelligently. Thanks for the input, atleast I know what I need to do. LOL at Travis Barker.

I will meet with him privately and share with him  what you and Yamahaboy have shared with me. If he doesnt get it, then Sabe and J-kay can expect flight Itineraries in there inboxes. If they cant help them I will charter a Gulftstream IV to fly in the Elite to give him a brotherly thrashing. BBD will have to get a waiver from the clerk of courts and I think Sheen might still be on house arrest from an incident stemming back to GC Drummoff 2005.  ;D 
Im too tall to act small.

Offline j_kay

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 12:29:16 PM »
As mentioned by the other members, it appears to be a technique issue.  Perhaps he is using wrong angle when he mounts his cymbal as well.  Are the cymbal sleeves in good condition? In addition to 'good' technique, these variables also play an integral role in the preservation of cymbals. 

Regarding the drumheads, he will have to learn how to play with intensity, but with decreasing the velocity in which he (or she) uses while playing.  I hit hard, but I don't burst any drumheads.  It's all in the velocity of your stroke. 

Hopefully this and other posts on this thread will prove to be helpful in your quest to reduce the flushing of money from your church and the music ministry.  Let us know how it works out for you. 
~ This thread is beyond hijacked - it's been kidnapped... ~

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 04:55:25 PM »
Yep... definitely sounds like Technique.
Pages: [1]   Go Up