LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Drum Gods  (Read 739 times)

FerrariRed

The Drum Gods
« on: May 26, 2007, 08:13:54 AM »
The Drum Gods have smiled on Nashville, Tennessee.  Last Sunday evening, Israel and New Breed with Big Mike holding it down at the Luis Palau festival.  This past Thursday, Thomas Lang with his non-stop, independent playing on the V-drums for almost two hours. Aaaannd!!!!!!!!!!!  Last night my wife and I saw....(drum roll).............Herbie Hancock with Vinnie Colaiuta holding down that set.  Whoooooo.  I was sitting there last night watching Vinnie and wondering how I could keep this going.  If my wife was not getting a spa treatment this morning, we would drive down to Atlanta and catch Terri Lynne Carrington at the jazz festival in piedmont park and that is also where Herbie will be playing later in the evening.  I don't want this to stop.  It's been great all the music and drummers I have seen over the past week.

But I have church tomorrow.  I'm gonna program some loops and get a good shed in while she's at the spa and plan to have some fun tomorrow at church.

Just sharing some thoughts with everybody....

JFunky

Re: The Drum Gods
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 10:00:18 AM »
...that's waz up.  Vinnie C., eh?  I'm jealous.  It's my dream to watch Vinnie and Herbie do their thing together. 8)

Offline fretai03

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My Fatso
    • My Youth

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »
Would you believe they were here in NZ not long ago & I couldn't go?  >:(

Congrats Ferrari... sounds like you've been an awesome week!

Offline djdavis

• LGM Member
  • Me Sheddin
    • http://www.myspace.com/davidjdavis

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 06:19:00 PM »
man..wish i cuda had a week like dat..but i got convention which is really gr8 ;D

Offline drumzalicious

• LGM Member
    • Calvin Fenner Website

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 01:55:13 AM »
can you believe i left atlanta tuesday and they came on saturday . . .

Offline juSe

• LGM Member
  • Call me juSe Wayne

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 10:21:03 AM »
I think I'm gonna be sick.  I would have passed out from sensory overload if I could see Vinnie live!  I caught Dennis in clinic a couple of years ago, and I aint been right since! 

I am truly jealous, doc!
You Are Your Only Limitation!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up