LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: a lil fun...."You know you are a guitarist when....  (Read 6563 times)

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: a lil fun...."You know you are a guitarist when....
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2007, 02:12:10 PM »
COOL,BRO;I did not mean any dis-respect,just having fun.I think more of us should post themselves playing.(including myself)I think it would be the best way to learn,from one another.

oh i know man, it's cool. i was just making sure i was clear that i wasn't throwing off on  legends because i thought i was all that or something. i'm good at what i do, but i don't think myself to be better than anyone else. (well, you know what i mean)

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2007, 02:32:05 PM »
....when the song at church is over, you turn the volume all the way down, and continue playing cuz you thought of some other stuff to do in there.

....when there is no song being played, and you hit your strings...then realize you didn't turn your volume down and youve just got the attention of the entire church. (ROOKIE MISTAKE, BUT IT STILL HAPPENS EVERY BLUE MOON..THE LORD KNOWS MY HEART  ;D).

AND I NOTICE NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THIS CATEGORY...AND THIS IS A GOSPEL SITE, BUT ITS STILL THE TRUTH........ when a young lady says "you play guitar?? play something PLEEEASE!?!".... and you act all shy like you don't want to...then you break out your bag o tricks....OR AM I THE ONLY SINGLE GUITARIST?? ::)

...you're super excited because you've "accidentally" stumbled onto a new lick or riff.

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2007, 02:58:11 PM »

AND I NOTICE NO ONE HAS MENTIONED THIS CATEGORY...AND THIS IS A GOSPEL SITE, BUT ITS STILL THE TRUTH........ when a young lady says "you play guitar?? play something PLEEEASE!?!".... and you act all shy like you don't want to...then you break out your bag o tricks....OR AM I THE ONLY SINGLE GUITARIST?? ::)

lol, that used to be my proverbial "ace-in-the-hole"....nothing can make a girl melt like a guitar player....well, every girl except my wife. wouldn't you know i'd fall for the one person who couldn't care less about my guitar playing. not great for the ego, lol.

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2007, 09:39:01 AM »
lol, that used to be my proverbial "ace-in-the-hole"....nothing can make a girl melt like a guitar player....well, every girl except my wife. wouldn't you know i'd fall for the one person who couldn't care less about my guitar playing. not great for the ego, lol.

my last girlfriend was like that. i was practicing a riff...and a lot of times i will repeat a riff over and over and over nonstop for however long i can keep it up just to get it down ya know...and she comes out the bathroom begging me to stop playing it....

we didn't last too much longer after that ;)   but it was just representing a bigger problem anyway...but don't attack my baby...ever, lol.

Offline jerrybob

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 01:51:03 PM »
 :) I have watched videos, and watched the guitar player instead of the basic scenes. 
     I find guitar picks quite often in the laundry, or laying around elsewhere.
    Yes, these things have happened to me.  I knew how to spell Gibson and Fender before I could spell my name.   lol.

Offline loftudad

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • when a man finds a wife he finds a good thing

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2007, 02:59:38 PM »

my last girlfriend was like that. i was practicing a riff...and a lot of times i will repeat a riff over and over and over nonstop for however long i can keep it up just to get it down ya know...and she comes out the bathroom begging me to stop playing it....

we didn't last too much longer after that ;)   but it was just representing a bigger problem anyway...but don't attack my baby...ever, lol.

Yeah I still don't like to play in front of folks, but I will now. My wife is always begging me to play. Now I have more time to do so she might change her mind soon  8) ;D
Giving my life to God is the best I can do, so I will make a noise of prasie!

Offline katstrat

• LGM Member
    • http://

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2007, 09:19:13 PM »
.....When you name your pets Fender and Gibson,and name your kids Martin,Taylor,and Takamine!

When in Kindergarten the teachers asks what comes after G and your kid says G#!

...When you decorate the Christmas tree with assorted guitar accessories like picks,strings and a capo.

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2007, 06:26:18 AM »
This kind of goes along with the last couple comments...

... when your wife/girlfriend thinks of your guitar(s) as the other woman.
                     my wife could care less about me playing guitar - even though she's a professionally skilled floutist!

... you take your guitar to work just so you can practice over your lunch break

... when you have dozens of pieces of scrap paper with names of songs or albums that you need to buy for that 30 second guitar riff that you want to learn

... when everyone at church stops commenting on how much better you are sounding now
A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something...

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2007, 08:45:01 AM »

When in Kindergarten the teachers asks what comes after G and your kid says G#!

hilarious :D

Offline funkStrat_97

• LGM Member
  • Da' House Rocka' is in Da' House!
    • Facebook

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2007, 08:54:50 AM »
When you don't consider music to be music unless it has at least a little guitar in it.
“Don't bother to give God instructions, just report for duty”
- Corrie Ten Boom

Offline GRIP805

• LGM Member
  • bigsby tele

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2007, 01:01:44 AM »
when u sell  a piece of your gear and you continue to wonder if you u sold it to a good home.

Offline gcmrover91

• LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2007, 09:02:25 AM »
when your listening to a song and the guitar player does something sweet you just smile and the people around you ask why are you smilling

i have this on video! lol my maa was recording me before i went up to play and the guitarist was playin just a sweet lick and i was grinin ear to ear and she got me on video lol. she had the camera cause she was gonna record me play but she sez no i'ma record him smilin :P

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2007, 12:50:18 PM »

That's funny!  Me and my girlfriend have an understanding.  You don't bother me while I'm practicing, and I won't bother you when you are watching HGTV "House hunters"

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2007, 06:18:43 PM »
HGTV... It keeps a "guitar widow" busy! ;D
A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool speaks because he has to say something...

Offline RONNIEJR99

• LGM Member
  • The beginning of something great.....

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2007, 10:22:57 PM »
That's funny!  Me and my girlfriend have an understanding.  You don't bother me while I'm practicing, and I won't bother you when you are watching HGTV "House hunters"

HGTV, that's funny.......how about no matter how bad you sound to yourself, everyone keeps telling you how good you sound(I've only been playing 3yrs).
What about your wife comes home to tell you about a guitar player that was at church that you missed because you had to work.
Your desk at work is covered with writings of every note in every key and chord changes in different progressions.
People get confused when you begin to talk theory...You haven't eaten because you can't put down your guitar...Guitar lessons last 3hrs...People telling you if you keep playing you'll be real good someday...You're looking at LGM and GUITARPLAYERTV on the internet at work...

FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.

Offline RONNIEJR99

• LGM Member
  • The beginning of something great.....

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2007, 11:27:11 PM »
...YOUR WIFE GETS TIRED OF HEARING YOU ASK HER HOW'D YOU SOUND AT CHURCH LAST WEEK...
FOR ME AND MY HOUSE, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD.

Offline dieogo

• LGM Member
  • That's My Boy!
    • Inner City Gospel

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2007, 10:30:38 AM »
You know you're a Guitarist when:

Your spouse says you are having an affair with 6 strings.

Your wife angrily tells you to sleep with Ms. Fender (What I've named my guitar).

When you go home on your lunch break just to play your guitar.

When your Guitar has it's own section in the livingroom where it's always visable and accessible.

Offline axeman1

• LGM Member
  • No weapon means.....N-O-O-O WEAPON!!!!

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2007, 07:53:07 PM »

When you can listen to a few bars of a song you've never heard before and can instantly tell who the guitarist is no matter how minor the guitar part is.  I can do this with A LOT of smooth jazz songs.

When you drive all over town to find a particular pick and when you can't find it, you call the company in California that makes them to order them, only to find out that the first place you asked (Guitar Center) really does have them but didn't know they had them because they stopped selling them, then ask you if you want to buy the entire left over stock but you only buy 10. 

This ever happen to anyone else?...............see, I knew I wasn't the only one.
I am what God says I am, no less and no more.

Offline trackman

• LGM Member
  • Look who's 40...

« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2007, 03:52:35 PM »
...YOUR WIFE GETS TIRED OF HEARING YOU ASK HER HOW'D YOU SOUND AT CHURCH LAST WEEK...

I am so guilty of this one... Wife, kids (10 and 6, they don't care)

Offline Gibby

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Dad...i'm ready for the world!

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2007, 05:53:12 PM »

Your wife angrily tells you to sleep with Ms. Fender (What I've named my guitar).

that's funny  :D :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up