LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "I Shall Wear A Crown" GMWA National Mass Choir  (Read 21928 times)

Offline Val215

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Virtuously Gifted

"I Shall Wear A Crown" GMWA National Mass Choir
« on: June 04, 2007, 12:25:39 PM »
In need of lyrics to "I Shall Wear A Crown" by GMWA National Mass Choir. Thanks :)

By the way, does anybody know what happened to www.blackgospellyricministry.org ?
Check me out on Facebook at Virtuously Gifted and on Instagram at virtuouslygifted_215

Offline OleJ

• LGM Member
  • The Roberta Martin Singers
    • The Golden Era Gospel Blog

Re: "I Shall Wear A Crown" GMWA National Mass Choir
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 12:41:09 AM »
Is that the rendition done by Thomas Whitfield or another one?
God wants Spiritual Fruit, not Religious Nuts. Check out my blog:http://goldeneragospel.blogspot.com

Offline Val215

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Virtuously Gifted

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 06:51:28 AM »
Not Thomas Whitfield. This song goes like this:

Watch ye therefore you know not the day
When the Lord shall call your souls away
If you labor striving for the right
You shall wear, shall wear a golden crown.

I can't hardly understand what they're singing in the other verses. I'm still listening to it. Maybe I'll get it :D
Check me out on Facebook at Virtuously Gifted and on Instagram at virtuouslygifted_215

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 11:03:17 AM »
I had the lyrics on Black Gospel Lyric Ministry's site, but I'm like you, I don't know what happened to the site. Hopefully Daryl will let us know, he maintains the site (does the technical stuff with it I mean). I'll try to get the lyrics and that song I wrote to you about this weekend.

Offline Long Fingers

• LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 06:31:52 AM »
PM you the lyrics Val. As far as what happened to the site, the site closed down because of hackers. The site had been plauged by hackers for months...lyrics members submitted being taken from our site and being placed on various non safe(virus and explicit laced sites) lyrics sites before the Admins approved it to be in the database, even the message boards. On top of that it went as far as them hacking into to the owners email address once they were able to hack into the site.

4HisGlory, which helped as the webmaster, tried preventative measures but it didn't help, they found ways around that. Finally the owner, Ms. Sirrah, had enough when explicit things started showing up all over the site due to what hackers were doing to it far beyond hers or 4HisGlory's control, so she closed Blackgospellyrics which was hard for her to do. The lyrics from the site, however, will be transferred here once 4Hisglory decides how he sees fit to do with them.

Bright side, the largest and longest running urban/traditional gospel lyrics site isn't down and out, it's just moving on to bigger and better things :) .

Offline demusicman

• LGM Member
  • http://www.myspace.com/reverenceministry
    • http://www.myspace.com/demusicman

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 03:33:35 AM »
PM you the lyrics Val. As far as what happened to the site, the site closed down because of hackers. The site had been plauged by hackers for months...lyrics members submitted being taken from our site and being placed on various non safe(virus and explicit laced sites) lyrics sites before the Admins approved it to be in the database, even the message boards. On top of that it went as far as them hacking into to the owners email address once they were able to hack into the site.

4HisGlory, which helped as the webmaster, tried preventative measures but it didn't help, they found ways around that. Finally the owner, Ms. Sirrah, had enough when explicit things started showing up all over the site due to what hackers were doing to it far beyond hers or 4HisGlory's control, so she closed Blackgospellyrics which was hard for her to do. The lyrics from the site, however, will be transferred here once 4Hisglory decides how he sees fit to do with them.

Bright side, the largest and longest running urban/traditional gospel lyrics site isn't down and out, it's just moving on to bigger and better things :) .

i really hate that because i was a subscriber and posted as much as i could to the site and it was really a God-send to me and my choir rehearsals. However we accept no defeat, as you said "Bright side, the largest and longest running urban/traditional gospel lyrics site isn't down and out, it's just moving on to bigger and better things :)." I whole-heartedly agree with you. I know that things will work out soon. Just as Paul stated in 2 Corinthians 4:9 "Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;" Be blessed!
Daniel E. Smalls, Minister of Music & Worship Arts
Heaven Bound Ministries Worship Center

Offline Linda Ann

• LGM Member

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 04:51:35 PM »
This song was originally recorded by James cleveland.  The new site for finding words is lyricsmagnet.com 
You must select the first 2 letters of the authors name and it will take you to a list of authors to select from.  Hope this helps.

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 07:53:06 AM »
Welcome to the LGM family "Linda Ann".....Be Blessed.

PianoWiz...

Offline csedwards2

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • Find me on the book

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 09:36:49 PM »
Found this on yahoo!! :o :o :o (their source for the lyrics interestingly enough was blackgospellyricministry.org, I'll take a stab at Verse 3 since its clearer than the others)
(Verse 2)
Be not like the foolish virgins did
For He's coming and you know not when
Have your lamps on
Trimmed and burning bright
Then you shall wear a golden crown
(Repeat chorus)

I shall wear a crown (2x)
When the trumpet sounds (2x)
Oh~ I shall wear a crown
I shall wear a crown
I shall wear a golden crown

(Verse 3)
Lead me, Jesus
Lead me everyday.
Lead me, Jesus.
Yes I go (astray)??
Lead me Jesus,
Lead me all the way.
I shall wear, shall wear a golden crown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up