LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a hunger to play!  (Read 553 times)

Offline ngodsfaith

• LGM Member

a hunger to play!
« on: June 11, 2007, 05:48:34 PM »
Who can teach me Lord? Maybe Im talking out loud but maybe you have me in this position for a reason God. No one to really depend on but you God, but it seems hard and seems to get harder. But wait I'll be back with my testimony! 

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

Re: a hunger to play!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:01:36 PM »
Who can teach me Lord? Maybe Im talking out loud but maybe you have me in this position for a reason God. No one to really depend on but you God, but it seems hard and seems to get harder. But wait I'll be back with my testimony! 

you don't need anyone to teach you, especially with all the resources out there today. i learned almost entirely on my onw, but i put in the time and the work it takes to get good. i also tookthe time to learn theory and how to be versatile in different styles.

there are no shortcuts, God isn't gonna slap you with guitar skills, you gotta get in the woodshed and work hard.....you do that it'll all fall into place.

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

Re: a hunger to play!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 07:45:38 PM »
you don't need anyone to teach you, especially with all the resources out there today. i learned almost entirely on my onw, but i put in the time and the work it takes to get good. i also tookthe time to learn theory and how to be versatile in different styles.

there are no shortcuts, God isn't gonna slap you with guitar skills, you gotta get in the woodshed and work hard.....you do that it'll all fall into place.

Amen.

What another higher-skilled person is good for is to ensure that you're making progress and lend you some encouragement. Everything else is 100% up to you and how much time and effort you want to put into this thing called music.
Music theory is not always music reality.
Pages: [1]   Go Up