LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonex "The Naked Truth" Controversy Summary...  (Read 12885 times)

Offline Cherri

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Imperial Majesty! $200,000...

Re: Tonex "The Naked Truth" Controversy Summary...
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 10:24:17 AM »
Until the SUPREME understanding of Reality and belief is supremely understood there will always be misunderstandings, which will and can corrupt and absolutely misunderstandings will corrupt absolutely.We live a physical world. 
What can I $ay Juanita Bynum is my cicerone.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 10:53:29 AM »
LOL!  When will you guys and gals ever learn?

The very reason why you feel you SHOULD talk about these things, is the very reason why you SHOULD'NT.

Offline Ontherise

• LGM Member

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 11:01:26 AM »
......No words just scripture Proverbs 19:5
"The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary"

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2007, 11:32:16 AM »
......No words just scripture Proverbs 19:5

When was the last time you took a good look at this world?

Anytime you use scripture to your benefit, someone else will use scripture to their benefit.

People can do and say what they want and stamp God's name on it and there is nothing you or anybody can do about it.  Hence the fact that Tonex can use scripture to justify his actions, you are using scripture to judge him.  Its an everlasting war that started long before you were born and will be here long after youre gone.  What are the end results?  More church denominations.  More versions of the bible.  Just leave it alone.

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 11:41:06 AM »
When was the last time you took a good look at this world?

Anytime you use scripture to your benefit, someone else will use scripture to their benefit.

People can do and say what they want and stamp God's name on it and there is nothing you or anybody can do about it.  Hence the fact that Tonex can use scripture to justify his actions, you are using scripture to judge him.  Its an everlasting war that started long before you were born and will be here long after youre gone.  What are the end results?  More church denominations.  More versions of the bible.  Just leave it alone.

::)

Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 11:51:43 AM »
LGM  Couple of the year 2007 :)

::)

j/k   ;D

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 01:59:34 PM »
I just heard the song... This guy doesn't have all his sticks in his bag... ?/? ;)... He is confused...
Richard

Offline baldeagle

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 03:44:51 PM »
  75% of heaven went to hell over the arts, MUSICIANS LISTEN UP! 

Maybe I'm being too literal, but what scripture did you get this from? I'm not being facetious, I just would rather not be cloudy about God's Word. Revelation speaks of the dragon dragging 1/3 of the stars with him to Earth. That would be only 33.33%.

Where is this scripture found? I'm not trying to be funny.
It's God's way. . . or Hell to pay

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 07:54:43 PM »
Maybe I'm being too literal, but what scripture did you get this from? I'm not being facetious, I just would rather not be cloudy about God's Word. Revelation speaks of the dragon dragging 1/3 of the stars with him to Earth. That would be only 33.33%.

Be easy baldy!   ;D  I didnt pick that whole paragraph apart for a reason!  75% of his statements were either false or non-scriptural.  But look at how everyone cheered him on.  "Good word bro!"  "Post that everywhere!" 

Offline soul_drummer

• LGM Member
  • Jesus, I Love You

« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 09:15:15 PM »
I think people are just putting too much attention on Tonex. I read his blogs and stuff. I don't remember him justifying his cussing with scriptures. He cussed because he felt like it. At the end of the day he is just as human as the rest of us. What can you expect......He's not Jesus.....he's just another human. I'm not defending his actions because I definitely think he could of expressed himself in a better way without the cussing. I think though that we sometimes see people that are considered in a higher position than us as "perfect". We only see the our pastors, ministers etc. at church. We don't know how they are behind the scenes with their families or even by themselves. No, I'am not saying that ALL pastors and ministers are different behind the scenes but I have had my experiences. What we saw is Tonex putting what he really feels as a public display. Some of us think that way sometimes when we are mad or a in a situation that we can't take no more but we keep it to ourselves. We need to ask God to restore and make us over everyday of our lives. Again, I'm not defending Tonex. All we can do is pray for him and everything else is up to God and him. Like JFunky said, we need to put our eyes on Jesus and not get side tracked by people, artist, musicians etc. At the end of the day it's all about Jesus and we need to get closer to him. We got to be concerrned about OUR personal relationship with God. GB.
Perfect Practice Makes Perfect

AQS888

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2007, 07:53:35 AM »

Anon. - "Forty-three percent of all statistics are made up."

JFunky

« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007, 08:11:11 AM »
Be easy baldy!   ;D  I didnt pick that whole paragraph apart for a reason!  75% of his statements were either false or non-scriptural.  But look at how everyone cheered him on.  "Good word bro!"  "Post that everywhere!" 

...75 percent!?  Wow.  I can see some things but not 75%. :-\

Offline shall176

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.angiehallmusic.com
    • AngieHallMusic

« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2007, 08:37:02 AM »
75% of his statements were either false or non-scriptural

Only one sentence in the post was something that can be deemed true or false.  The rest of it was encouragement/advice....and that encouragement/advice is what everyone was why people "cheered him on"
Check it out...
http://www.angiehallmusic.com
& follow @angiehallmusic  on twitter

Offline baldeagle

• LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2007, 09:37:19 AM »

I wasn't trying to hijack the thread. It's just that when it comes to scripture, I would rather there be no "made up" facts. The Bible is not facts. . . it's truth. When something is added into food that's not naturally found in it, it's called 'additives.' The Bible needs no additives or preservatives. It is truth by itself, and its contents are its own preservation.

Let's just always be mindful of not 'adding' anything (even if it seems harmless)

By the way, someone sent me a copy of that Tonex song. I read it, deleted it, and forgot about it. Then Sunday night my youth mime group ministered to Tonex's song "Work On Me" from the OUT THE BOX album. By the time they were finished, the church couldn't be contained!! It was CRAZY!! Just goes to show you that people who are used by God can also turn right around and screw things up for themselves.
It's God's way. . . or Hell to pay

Offline DuvalsLilJohnLumpkin

• LGM Member
  • "Music has the power to shape character"

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2007, 11:21:57 AM »
Catz, please forgive me.  It was exactly 33.3% percent of heaven that went to hell over the arts (typing passionately I completely reversed the percentages, I ask for forgiveness.) 
John 'Lil John" Lumpkin

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 04:06:10 PM »
hey err-body....
this is just my opinion....
1- i believe he is wrong. the bible says be angry but do not sin. you can feel/ think something but acting on it is taking it to the next level....like having the thought to commit a sin and choosing not to and thinking it then doing are the same thing.... wrong, not doing something you feel is NOT faking the funk....... and telling the "truth" on yourself doesn't have to include sinning and bringing thousands into it with you.  and if what he did was made ok by the people who hurt him and the severity of their actions, then that means it is ok for us to say- if someone hurts me bad enough, or pushes me far enough, then it is ok for me to react in a sinful manner..... wrong....
plus his sphere of influence is way too big to do something like this, there are thousands of people especially young people who stand by and defend wut he did and think it's ok- even for them- to act/react in such a way.... like the one kid on youtube defending tonex because he is annointed, and an artist/artistic person.... all of which mean very little in regards to if someone will do something right or wrong; one man is an artist the next, a banker. and annointing never automatically equals character or assurance that someone will make Godly choices....

2- my father always says annointing without character is dangerous..... this is a great example of that. and i am NOT saying that he has no character... i am only saying that there was/is something in his character that couldn't carry the responsibility and expectations of his gift/ministry.....

2- we should pray or nothing at all.... a lot of people will write him off, JUST talk about him and the situation, and condemn him- which is wrong no matter wut.... but few will actually pray for him sincerely. so i feel like if you're not gonna pray don't talk.... we should stand with/for/behind him but not by wut he did.... i think it is stupid of Christians to not forgive people of things we may have done, thought etc., think someone else is LESS worthy of forgiveness because of how we see what they did, and not forgive someone like this for something God already forgave them for- depending on if they have repented .....
i know God can take this situation and make it a blow against satan, and reverse the damage it has done.... 
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be

Offline sugabear

• LGM Member
  • Wolfgang, if you don't know...find out! Seriously!

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007, 04:41:14 PM »
hey err-body....
1- i believe he is wrong. the bible says be angry but do not sin. you can feel/ think something but acting on it is taking it to the next level....like having the thought to commit a sin and choosing not to and thinking it then doing are the same thing.... wrong, not doing something you feel is NOT faking the funk....... and telling the "truth" on yourself doesn't have to include sinning and bringing thousands into it with you.  and if what he did was made ok by the people who hurt him and the severity of their actions, then that means it is ok for us to say- if someone hurts me bad enough, or pushes me far enough, then it is ok for me to react in a sinful manner..... wrong....
plus his sphere of influence is way too big to do something like this, there are thousands of people especially young people who stand by and defend wut he did and think it's ok- even for them- to act/react in such a way.... like the one kid on youtube defending tonex because he is annointed, and an artist/artistic person.... all of which mean very little in regards to if someone will do something right or wrong; one man is an artist the next, a banker. and annointing never automatically equals character or assurance that someone will make Godly choices....

2- my father always says annointing without character is dangerous..... this is a great example of that. and i am NOT saying that he has no character... i am only saying that there was/is something in his character that couldn't carry the responsibility and expectations of his gift/ministry.....

2- we should pray or nothing at all.... a lot of people will write him off, JUST talk about him and the situation, and condemn him- which is wrong no matter wut.... but few will actually pray for him sincerely. so i feel like if you're not gonna pray don't talk.... we should stand with/for/behind him but not by wut he did.... i think it is stupid of Christians to not forgive people of things we may have done, thought etc., think someone else is LESS worthy of forgiveness because of how we see what they did, and not forgive someone like this for something God already forgave them for- depending on if they have repented .....
i know God can take this situation and make it a blow against satan, and reverse the damage it has done.... 

...POINT BLANK...
My goal as a musician is to be better than myself.
check out my site www.tampogo.com/alsmith!!!

Offline edough

• LGM Member
  • philly !

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 07:26:25 PM »
the end ::)
"For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain".

Offline THE WOLFMAN

• LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 07:43:29 PM »
hey err-body....

cosign.

It's like when Psalms 73 mentions Asaph,(also a musician...hmmmm) how he was REEEEAL salty about the outside world, how they seem to prosper, and that his adhereing to the word is in vain, and all that. But before he spoke out he checked himself,  knowing that he may "offend the generation"
or cast a shadow on God's people.

kinda like Peter Parker's "great power/great responsibility" thing.

but at the end, pray for restoration and wholeness, and let GOD be glorifed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up