LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Do You Sing?  (Read 3169 times)

Offline hammy1906

• LGM Member

Why Do You Sing?
« on: October 27, 2005, 03:05:13 PM »
Well when ask why do I sing. I always respond "I sing for the Goodness of the Lord."  I do sing with a group and I love to travel with the group. But what makes it so wonderful to me is to see the faces of Christians that are really listeneing and worshiping our Father.  I also always say a prayer before doing a solo.  I just ask the Lord to have his people hear all that is Good and to allow the song touch their souls.  Funny how after I sing I always say I should have hit this note or I should have ended it like this, but when it is all said and done and that one person comes to me and tells me how they were lifted it up than that lets me know God heard my prayer and his message was delivered for the nourishment of that person soul.

So tell me Why do you Sing :?:
8O

Luvphillyman

Why Do You Sing?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 04:48:31 AM »
The only answer I can think of is...It's in me.

Offline rwynn

• LGM Member
  • Praise The Lord!!!

why I sing
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 08:38:15 AM »
music is the like the air that I exhale :o
God knows the plans He has for me......Jer 29:11

Offline LadyWiz

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Praise is what I do

Why Do You Sing?
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2005, 08:46:38 PM »
Before I knew I had a reason to sing, I sang.  Now, I sing as my offering to God.  I can't help but to sing!

If I've had a bad day, a good choir rehearsal lifts my spirits.  If I happen to be visiting another church, do I let the choir sing on their own?? Oh no!  I gots to stand up & sing right along with them.   :lol:

I sing because God gave me a gift and it's up to me to be a good steward of what he gave me.

JoyCH

Why Do You Sing?
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2005, 08:41:57 PM »
I sing for God's glory, and when I sing I fall even the more in love with Him. Its something when you can just close your eyes and feels God's presence shining on you - you loving Him, Him loving you as you sing - its personal and its special.  :D

Joy

Offline hammy1906

• LGM Member

Praise The Lord
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2005, 08:03:26 AM »
I had to share this story with my new found Christian friends.  Let me start here first.  I have to sing at a Christian Cafe in a couple of weeks so as any good musician you do rehearsal.  I bought Center of My Joy Cd instrumental version.  Well as with anyone I too have my trial to bear.  Well I was driving singing as if I was singing in front of a room full of people I got to the part in the song where the soloist is singing and the choir answers back. Well I got to this part When I'm lonely feeling sad, you are the lifter of my head.  I just started minister unto myself and God just allowed me to be filled up.  I am at work now and I still can't calm down. Funny how when we are going through we never realized when we sing we are also ministering unto ourselves.  Thank God For Songs and Voices.  You have a Blessed Day

Offline Mysteryman

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Jamaican breakfast patty created by me. :)
    • http://www.geocities.com/mysterymman1

Why Do You Sing?
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2005, 03:03:10 PM »
I sing because I'm happy.....lol

I partly sing to learn something new. I want to learn to direct, lead songs, and lead a praise and worship service.
Vision without action is just day dreaming. I miss practicing.

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

Why Do You Sing?
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 08:06:47 PM »
I love singing like I love breathing.  Plain and simple.  I mean it seems it's the only way I can truly express myself.  When I open my mouth to speak, I'm treated as an outsider.  Yet, when I minister thru music, people see an entirely different person.  Funny thing is, I don't ever see them once I start singing.  Do you all feel where I'm coming from?

Offline Andrel

• LGM Member

Why Do You Sing?
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 04:37:29 PM »
I am a beginner:  I sing becasue I have always had a desire to sing even though I never did until now.  Singing in my church's choir allows me to get involve in church service and sing for my Lord because he loves my voice, even if others (my kids) don't.  I also have a desire to learn how to play the piano too!  That is next!  :lol:
Do unto others as you would have others do unto you!

uniquepraise

I sing
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 05:15:16 PM »
I was created to lift my voice!  
I sing because Im happy
I sing because I love giving GOD praise
I sing because its in me
I sing because GOD gave me the ability
I sing because GOD loves to hear his children bless him

Offline Wuboiorganistpianist

• LGM Member
  • Living my life like its Golden
    • My Website

the reason
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 10:06:45 PM »
I sing simply to praise God and let Him Know that I appreciate Him. Not only that, music is my ministry. God bless

Bro_JT

Why Do You Sing?
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 08:19:34 PM »
I sing because it is what I was made to do. GOD blessed me with that gift and I use it draw people to him.

Offline Pajarita

• LGM Member

Why Do You Sing?
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 10:51:48 PM »
Quote from: Bro_JT
I sing because it is what I was made to do. GOD blessed me with that gift and I use it draw people to him.

Ditto!  

Offline praznhim06

• LGM Member
  • Sing unto the Lord a new song... Psalm 96:1

Re: Why Do You Sing?
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2006, 08:29:54 PM »
I love singing like I love breathing.  Plain and simple.  I mean it seems it's the only way I can truly express myself.  When I open my mouth to speak, I'm treated as an outsider.  Yet, when I minister thru music, people see an entirely different person.  Funny thing is, I don't ever see them once I start singing.  Do you all feel where I'm coming from?
Yes I feel ya!!
"Doing God's work, God's Way"

MsNixon

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 05:19:57 AM »
I sing to minister to myself most of the time.  I sing when I'm happy, sad, angry, lonely, depressed, anxious...........there's a song for everything.  Music brings me back to me.  It reminds me who I am.  I sing as an offering to God.  I sing for my kids.  I sing for my sister's memory.  Sometimes I'll be shopping and don't realize I'm singing until someone says something.  Then I guess I sing because whatever's on  my mind comes out in music. 

Offline jgause2

• LGM Member

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 09:47:52 AM »
we have youth and adults that sing in our choir, and sometimes i don't think they even know why they sing.  expecially the youth.  it just seems like none of them take it seriously.  how can i get them to understand the real meaning bout why we sing??  can anybody help me?!?!?!?
The only place where "success" comes before "work" is in the dictionary

Offline sjonathan02

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • My heart

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 09:55:52 AM »
we have youth and adults that sing in our choir, and sometimes i don't think they even know why they sing.  expecially the youth.  it just seems like none of them take it seriously.  how can i get them to understand the real meaning bout why we sing??  can anybody help me?!?!?!?

Singing from the heart is a personal thing. Nothing more, nothing less. You can't ask youth to sing, JUST to sing. They have to really want to. Ask them if they really want to. Some are just there because their parents are making them.

You have to tap into the heart of the matter; whatever the matter may be.

Be blessed.
Despite our communication technology, no invention is as effective as the sound of the human voice.

Offline Maestro87

• LGM Member
    • Facebook Profile

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 10:26:51 AM »
I sing because it is a facet of my love language, exhortation.  I have always known and enjoyed music and then when I finally surrendered to what my true area of ministry was, God showed and up and showed out.  The best way that I talk to God is through lifting my voice in song.  For some reason everything that I always want to say comes out better when I do it through song.  God and singing music are my greatests passions in life.
"Stay Fly, Stay Fresh, God Bless"
Dameron Growe
Pages: [1]   Go Up