LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: AMP Settings for bass amp or equalizer.  (Read 8058 times)

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

Re: AMP Settings for bass amp or equalizer.
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 05:37:16 PM »
jeremyr, i checked out that youtube clip. i hear what you mean. by me softening my touch i didnt really mean just playing softer, even though that comes into play. what im trying to achieve is being more sensitive, not just hacking away at a string just to get a note to ring out, but being able to not only hear the differences of playing differently, but feeling them also. noticing how plucking the strings in different ways, with different fingers, holding my hand in a certain position, etc. makes a difference and what that difference is. and i know when im just going at it, i dont take time to pay attention to those things.

robear22 - the organist plays left hand bass (i kinda left it in God's hands for him to stop-long story) and that does happen on the songs where u shouldnt be busy so its simple chord changes, but during the songs where its busier, we're never playing the same line, so i can tend to isolate whats from him and whats from me.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2007, 10:03:23 AM »
What is the proper settings for the master and gain volume?  Are you suppose to set the master volume lower and use the volume from the gain or it doesn't matter?

Offline floaded27

• LGM Member
    • MySpace Profile

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2007, 12:35:41 PM »
i was taught that the gain should never be higher than the master volume. so i operate under that rule.
For my God... let "Golden Axe" prevail.

Offline obvious3975

• LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 03:09:54 PM »
Hey I am new at this but does it matter where on the bass you play to get particular sound also?
I was watching bassguitarmag and he was saying if you play on certain parts of the guitar you will get a different
sound and you can get a deep sound or slap sound etc.
go to about 3:50 in the video and he explain how you can get the diff. sounds

Offline obvious3975

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2007, 03:17:36 PM »
This one tell you how to adjust the knobs to get that just right sound.
Hope this help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;)

Offline dfwkeys

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 03:25:58 PM »
Yup, a lot of bassists think that the bass knob needs to be maxed. In order to cut through, you have to boost the mids and roll off the bass (this will also help clipping problems). Too much bass works against you. Also, check how loud the rest of the band is. If you can't cut through, many times the rest of the band is the culprit. I wouldn't think gospel music really needs to be that loud to begin with. Start with a controlled environment. Everyone set their levels and DO NOT TOUCH them the rest of the night.

Yes, that is true, if you play toward the neck you get a deeper somewhat muddier/deeper sound.  Also when you slap it's always best to slap on the last fret on the neck, For more of a soloing or playing outside the box i play toward the bridge, the back of the guitar.

It's all a personal preference, I actually play all over depending on what song, genre, tempo, style, etc..

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up