LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Here's a few jazzy sounding progressions in key of C  (Read 4843 times)

Offline chevonee

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Back and better than ever!
    • God's Glory

Here's a few jazzy sounding progressions in key of C
« on: July 03, 2007, 03:28:41 PM »
These are some very nice sounding jazzy chords in the key of C....You can mix and match as you see fit...it's what I do...

LH/RH

C G C / G C D E
F / F Ab Bb
Ab Eb Ab / C F Bb
G D G / B E A
C E G A / D G
F A / Ab C Eb G
E B / Ab D Gb
Eb Bb Eb / G Bb D F
C G C / E G B E
D A D / F A C F
E B E / G B D G
F C F / A C E A

Here is a good jazzy end progression in key of C

LH/RH
Ab Eb / Bb Eb G   I think this is AbM7
G D / F Bb D  I think this is Gm7
Gb / E A Db  Gbm7
F / E A C   F maj7
E / D G B   E m7
D / C F A   D m7
Db/ F Ab C Eb  <----I have no idea
C G / B D E G   this maybe C maj9

Here is a jazzy turnaround in C

LH/RH
D / A C E G
E / B D Gb A
Ab Eb / C Eb G
G D / F A C D

Hope this helps someone...let me know what you think and if you can add something on to this...please do.  I am hungry to learn all that I can.....I need to learn how to play these chords in other keys as well...God Bless ;D ;D ;D

Strike while the iron is hot!

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

Re: Here's a few jazzy sounding progressions in key of C
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 04:02:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing "chevonee", I'll have to try these out when I get home. Thanks.

PianoWiz...

Offline Djchilds08

• LGM Member

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 07:04:54 PM »
Chevonee, that 2nd to last chord in yur jazzy end progression (Db/F Ab C Eb) is actually a Dbmaj9

Offline PianoWizard

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • 費思是能力到不恐慌

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 09:44:40 PM »
Welcome to the LGM family "Djchilds08".....Be Blessed.

PianoWiz...

Offline ferrente

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • The Lord Can Do All Things!

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 09:08:29 PM »
Welcome To LGM,  Djchilds08
Trust in the Lord and do good so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed.

Offline Marcus12

• LGM Member

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 08:20:53 PM »

Chevonee....

The way that I learn how to play in different keys is....I take the song in the key that I know it in and either type it out in Word or just write them down.  I then take it take it up each key.  So if you have a Cmaj7 (C-E-G-B) chord just write it out in every key.  Then just set a time table for yourself.  Like lets say you learn a song or progression in the key of C.  You could tell yourself, depending on how long it takes you to learn what you are learning, it took me 1 week to learn how to play the song in C.  I'm going to give myself a week to learn it in Db.  Then once you learn the song in Db.  Start the song in C then modulate to Db so that way you keep it in your head and don't forget how to play it in each key.  That goes for every key.  Just take it up that half step and keep doing it.  Believe me it works!!!!!  I have only been playing for a year.  And the only key that I was familiar in was Db.  Anytime I wanted to play ANY SONG!!!  I was trying to learn it in Db or changing the original notes/chords to the key of Db and transposing it on my board or my churches organ.  Like BIGTIME said, "Transpose is the devil".

Offline rayjohnson83

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
    • http://www.facebook.com/rayjohnson83

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 09:56:09 AM »
Chevonee....

The way that I learn how to play in different keys is....I take the song in the key that I know it in and either type it out in Word or just write them down.  I then take it take it up each key.  So if you have a Cmaj7 (C-E-G-B) chord just write it out in every key.  Then just set a time table for yourself.  Like lets say you learn a song or progression in the key of C.  You could tell yourself, depending on how long it takes you to learn what you are learning, it took me 1 week to learn how to play the song in C.  I'm going to give myself a week to learn it in Db.  Then once you learn the song in Db.  Start the song in C then modulate to Db so that way you keep it in your head and don't forget how to play it in each key.  That goes for every key.  Just take it up that half step and keep doing it.  Believe me it works!!!!!  I have only been playing for a year.  And the only key that I was familiar in was Db.  Anytime I wanted to play ANY SONG!!!  I was trying to learn it in Db or changing the original notes/chords to the key of Db and transposing it on my board or my churches organ.  Like BIGTIME said, "Transpose is the devil".
THAT IS SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!

Offline raegenius

• LGM Member
  • just a pose

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 09:29:10 PM »
These are very nice thanks alot
Just listen!
Pages: [1]   Go Up