LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thomas Pridgen/Christian Scott- Rewind That...  (Read 3071 times)

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

Re: Thomas Pridgen/Christian Scott - Rewind That...
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2007, 11:46:05 AM »
...That track is fire as well.  It's the little things that Thomas is doing that makes his playing on the album real interesting.  Once again, his musicality is what I'm in love with in the album.  He has some real complex ideas.  He's like in a Vinnie/JoJo frame of mind.  I love the lil' drum n bass pattern he does on the last track. 

...J, what did you think about his hi hat work?  I'm going to definetly use some of his hi hat ideas and add some things I've been working on. 8) 

Yeah he was very musical.  His hi hat work is explosive but it just kinda sneaks up on you too!  You know what I mean? 

Sad to say that Thomas is the only interesting musician on the album besides the quick appearance of the sax player.

What did you think about Thomas' attack?  When I first bought the cd, I was like, why is he playing so hard!?  LOL!   

Offline theLearner

• LGM Member
  • Play, don't play around

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2007, 02:22:47 PM »
Yeah he was very musical.  His hi hat work is explosive but it just kinda sneaks up on you too!  You know what I mean? 

Sad to say that Thomas is the only interesting musician on the album besides the quick appearance of the sax player.

What did you think about Thomas' attack?  When I first bought the cd, I was like, why is he playing so hard!?  LOL!   

What about Christian Scott?!
he's apart of a new breed of jazz trumpet players.
he has developed his own distinctive voice already (at 22!)
I think he's an interesting musician, Im not knockin ur opinion though, just voicing mine

(9 of the 11 tracks are originals by him!)

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2007, 03:09:16 PM »
What about Christian Scott?!
he's apart of a new breed of jazz trumpet players.
he has developed his own distinctive voice already (at 22!)
I think he's an interesting musician, Im not knockin ur opinion though, just voicing mine

(9 of the 11 tracks are originals by him!)

Dude, 9 of the 11 tracks suck!  The music is not hot man.  I like the song Rejection and thats it.  Thomas is killin the whole way through but they were not on his level from a musical stand point.  The keyboard player had no life in his playing.  The bass player was ok.  Christian Scott has a ways to go man.  And I'm not talking about his skill as an individual.  I'm talking about his ability to make great music with a great team of musicians.  That cd sucks in my opinion.  And that sax player said more in one verse than he did during the whole album! 

JFunky

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2007, 05:32:01 PM »
...well, if you say so. :-\  I mean, the fact is that he is one of the best "Up and Comers" on the scene right now.  We know he has a ways to go but what he is doing isn't all that easy either.  I enjoyed it.  I thought is was real cool music and much respect to these musicians.  They did what they had to do in my opinion.  It's great to listen to musicians play music with no tracks or loops for a change.  It's also great to know that Christian is using his creativity and focusing on finding himself to sound like the individual that he is.  That seems to be lost now in days.  Once again, I love the sound he gets from his trumpet.  My uncle plays trumpet and that instrument has always been my favorite way before drums and percussion.  So he composed 9 out of 11 tracks, eh?  That's great. 

JFunky

Re: Thomas Pridgen/Christian Scott- Rewind That...
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2007, 12:46:23 PM »
...here you go Sheen. LOL

...Thomas reminds me of Animal from the Muppets. LOL  I like watchin' him though.  He gives his all to the music although he may overplay at times. :-\ 8)

Offline snareman

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 03:21:18 PM »

I agree with you, somewhat. I didn't think the project sucked. But I did wonder why Thomas's snare seemed to be so "alive." It sounded good, but it kinda didn't match with Christian's laid back approach to the music.

I also thought the sax player was especially nice. Christian's trumpeteer style is not really my cup of tea, but I won't knock his approach. The album is clean, and Thomas did his thing.

Offline freddyfusion

• LGM Member

Re: Thomas Pridgen/Christian Scott- Rewind That...
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 03:50:38 PM »
i know i am late but
i did think on many parts- though he sounded really good - he was too aggressive, sometimes to the point that it took away  from the music / sound as a whole. i questioned snare selection and tuning on some of the songs too...
  but that may be the style or whatever that christian wanted / asked for..... all that aside i still love the project....
LIVE FROM HEAVEN- Eph. 2:6
play where you wanna be
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up