LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Norris04

• LGM Member
    • http://

What would you do?
« on: July 03, 2007, 01:00:14 AM »
I am the head drummer for my church and we got this new minster of music months ago, she started playing good at first, but now she plays the same oldskool songs over and over again, and I'm getting fed up with it, every sunday I get upset cause of this. I like seeing people involved in the service, and feel the anointing in the song when I play and I don't feel that. If you were in my case what would you drummers do?

Offline bigblackdrummer

• LGM Member
  • Curtis Cyril Bernard
    • http://www.myspace.com/phatcurtisbernard

Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 01:37:35 AM »
I am the head drummer for my church and we got this new minster of music months ago, she started playing good at first, but now she plays the same old skool songs over and over again, and I'm getting fed up with it, every Sunday I get upset cause of this. I like seeing people involved in the service, and feel the anointing in the song when I play and I don't feel that. If you were in my case what would you drummers do?

Let me set you straight! True worship is in your heart! It is ignorant to say that you don't feel the anointing in the song because the M.D. is doing the same old skool songs every week! You don't feel the anointing because your heart is in the wrong place!
Mapex Drums, Grant Custom Basses, Carparelli Basses, Istanbul Cymbals,!

JFunky

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 08:15:49 AM »
Let me set you straight! True worship is in your heart! It is ignorant to say that you don't feel the anointing in the song because the M.D. is doing the same old skool songs every week! You don't feel the anointing because your heart is in the wrong place!

....weelllll.

Offline yamahaboy

• LGM Member
  • I Love Jewels!!

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 09:16:35 AM »
Preach Preachaaaaa!! ;D :D ;)
Richard

AQS888

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 01:24:22 PM »
Just as anyone would get tired of hearing the preacher preach the same sermon every Sunday, I imagine someone would get tired of hearing the same song's every week, as well. If song's are supposed to minister to you .... who want's the be ministered to the same way, every week?

Offline theLearner

• LGM Member
  • Play, don't play around

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 02:46:56 PM »

come on now,
He didn't say he wants to quit playin at the church or anything
he just said he's tired of the same songs
is something wrong with feelin that way?
how do u know where his heart is?

Offline SabianKnight

• LGM Member
  • Art by C1... Thanx Bruh!

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 07:12:42 PM »
I am the head drummer for my church and we got this new minster of music months ago, she started playing good at first, but now she plays the same oldskool songs over and over again, and I'm getting fed up with it, every sunday I get upset cause of this. I like seeing people involved in the service, and feel the anointing in the song when I play and I don't feel that. If you were in my case what would you drummers do?

I would admittedly get annoyed... However what I should and would eventually do is pray my way through. Sometimes you have to get past YOU.
You should pray for your leadership?MOM.
You should submit to the service of God in the music.
 You might learn something.... hint-hint

Question: Have actually learned to play these ole skool songs properly? With feeling? Made them your own?
Fact of the matter is you are on post. You have to watch and pray and play. You have to get on the same page as the MOM or you are in rebellion and that disrupts the flow of the Spirit.
Play your position and the rest will work itself out. All things work for the good...
Try not to become a person of success but rather a person of VALUE. - T. Harv Eker

Offline teflonminds88

• LGM Member
  • All fun and games...

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 07:16:28 PM »
I would RESPECTFULLY approach her, and try to come to a consensus. If she doesn't want to compromise, she doesn't actually have to being that she is the MOM. It never hurts to try though.

What you SHOULDN'T do is relay your feelings to other people, before you actually speak to the person you have the issue with.(guilty :-[ )

Just talk to her man, and let us know what happens
"Give them the truth, so they approach the situation with ammunition."

buddy chambers

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 01:38:53 AM »
LOL...you can always count on BBD to say whatever! LOL...yo man just play 4 God and pray 4 ur MD. It is true that worship is a lifestyle that flows from the heart. I ain't been saved that long but my pastor teaches us that and I find it to be true. Trust God!

Offline JAMAR23

• LGM Member

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 04:47:23 AM »
I sympathize with you. I actually go through this almost every sunday. Our " minister of music" is an old skool player herself. She is also a show off in front of a crowd. I remember my first time playing with her, our choir had to sing in detroit. She was being real direspectful about the church size. So, she could not fit in the area the organ was ( it was ample space) so she yells out " thank God for the renovation". She then goes to the piano. She is playing the song. Since I did not know it, I kept a solid tempo. She gets up from the piano, leaving me playing solo on the drums and was doing too much. The next thing you know, she trips over a monitor. I did not laugh then, but when I got home, It was a wrap.

Anyway dude, I know what you are going thru. Talk to your pastor and let him know your vision for the music ministry. Share your thoughts. Suggest to the Pastor that he holds a meeting with your staff. Keep praying, stay faithful and humble. My churches " minister of music" Cant keep time, plays like she is stuck i the 30's. No lie. I use to get real mad and people could see it. So Now, I pray as soon as I sit on my set and ask God to hide me from myself, and that I dont get in the way  and miss the shift of God because I am pissed at a "colleague".  Just know that David was annointed to lead at an early age, BUT God did not allow Davids reign to take place until it was time for Solomon to exit. Young man just know as a fellow levite I know where you are coming from, But dont let your frustrations during service cause you to miss the shift of God. If the levites miss it, then it was no point for us to even minister. I hope his helped. ;D

Offline T-Block

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • I got my MBA!!!

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 09:29:10 AM »
Just have a talk with her.  Nothing wrong with wanting something different, just don't get caught up in wanting something different so bad that it hinders you from your job/service.  Just keep doing what you're doing, play to the glory of God and it will all work out.
Real musicians play in every key!!!
Music Theory, da numbers work!

Offline Jonathan Miller

• LGM Member

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 08:11:35 PM »

There's a lot I could say about this but for now I just wanna laugh at BBD! LOL...keep bringin it raw! LOL......

But as far as the cat that posted this goes.......ONLY WHAT YOU DO FOR CHRIST WILL LAST. Be encouraged and continue playing from your heart. The Lord will bless you for your genuine efforts. All of us our not on the same level, but i assure you that God elevates those that love him and give in pureness. Believe that God will bless you for having the right spirit. A lot of us have been in that spot and I know it's frustrating, but it might be God's way of seeing where you are. Let God use you to be a light! God Bless you fam....and again...be encouraged.

BBD....lol...

Offline dude-on-drums

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • www.kevinhayden.net
    • Kevin Hayden

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 10:05:32 PM »

What would I do?  Hmmm.  What have I done?  I would quit!

I have quit two bands so far, one church and one smooth jazz because they kept playing the same songs in the same places for over two years!  If you want to grow, then you will have to surround yourself with people who are growing.  I will never again let anyone or anything hinder me from growing.  Alot of times the MD is just too lazy to teach anything new or the choir is so inconsistant with their attendance, its hard to teach anything new.  In either case, I'm hittin the door if things dont look like theyre gettin better.  Playing the same songs over and over for years and years just kills me!  Its discouraging and I dont stand for it anymore. 

Oh and by the way, there is no such thing as "feel the annointing."  Are you talking about not being able to feel the energy of the songs?  Maybe youre saying the songs have no life to them?  Or maybe you simply cant get in to them because theyre old?   ?/?

Pages: [1]   Go Up