LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 1st Official LGM Guitar Jam  (Read 7835 times)

Offline ShaunzNoiz

• LGM Member
  • Jesus is the reason!

Re: 1st Official LGM Guitar Jam
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 03:40:20 PM »
Dave, love your intonation on the slide work.  Absolutely stellar!!!!  Killer playing otherwise!

Great to hear everyones unique language on the blues!

OK, lets hear more!!!

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member
    • PEEBSound Guitar Effects

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 05:45:12 PM »
my only beef is that the song faded out and it sounded like you had plenty more in you!

LOL, that's 'cause I was playing, and the track ran out! I tacked a bit onto the end of the track and faded it out, since I liked what I had just laid down (didn't think I could nail that ascending hammer on thingy again lol).

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I know I'm a bit ham-fisted compared to Dave, but that just shows me what to work on (I'm raw like sushi... and I'm ok with that lol).

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 09:01:27 PM »
LOL, that's 'cause I was playing, and the track ran out! I tacked a bit onto the end of the track and faded it out, since I liked what I had just laid down (didn't think I could nail that ascending hammer on thingy again lol).

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. I know I'm a bit ham-fisted compared to Dave, but that just shows me what to work on (I'm raw like sushi... and I'm ok with that lol).

Sheesh, your track was very good with some really cool licks in it.
Your slide tone makes me green with envy.
Serious, that's the tone in my head that doesn't make it onto tape when I play.

I do always try to find a melody that I can work with. To me, a simple melody gives me both a place to build up from and a home plate to return to. It's something that sort of makes my noodling have a point.  ;D
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline Rown

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 10:40:28 PM »

Yea;use that as a stepping stone.But,you are for SURE in the house ;)

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 10:43:24 PM »
Thanks, Dave. I appreciate it. I just regret that I'm not afforded the time to actually practice like I used to.

Really, I didn't do anything to make that slide tone "pop." It's the Dean mentioned above. The pickup is a Classic 22 from Carvin (I believe it's a C22N; neck position--a KILLER p/u for the price--no, a KILLER p/u regardless of the price). The tone was rolled back to *about* 6-7 (chrome knobs, no numbers lol). Slide is the only time I will use a tone knob!

I use a glass slide, and that was plugged straight into my Classic 30--no effects whatsoever (so was the straight part). The Classic 30 is stock except for Sovtek tubes, and a Peavey Sheffield speaker (basically a Celestion copy... dark, british speaker--it's what was in the 5150 cabs).

We need to have a live jam. We should all meet at a guitar center somewhere and drive the staff nuts lol.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 10:48:01 PM »
My bad, the slide guitar I use is in detail in the slide video post, not above. Sorry.

http://www.learngospelmusic.com/forums/index.php/topic,45373.0.html

It's after Rown's comment.

Offline loftudad

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • when a man finds a wife he finds a good thing

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2007, 07:14:36 AM »
Whoo ya'll are playin! Someday I will be able to hang a bit, thanks for the blessing and I am looking forward to hearing more. You as I heard the intro I could feel what was going to happen, I loved it now I need to figure out how to put it on the fret board  ;D
Giving my life to God is the best I can do, so I will make a noise of prasie!

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2007, 01:19:09 AM »
Dave and JayP, great work guys....enjoyed getting to hear you guys stretch out a little bit. I just got back from being out of town, so I'm gonna try to get one up tomorrow.

Come on people, let's hear some of the rest of you!!

Offline Reuben

• LGM Member

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 02:24:14 PM »
 :) ;D ;D ;D Did this for fun

and it is sloppy for a reason
 who says you have to be prestine and clean and precise all the time  :o and its
 suppossed a jam session  :-\ ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Reuben

• LGM Member

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 04:54:55 PM »

thanks for contributing.....welcome to LGM.

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2007, 06:11:48 PM »
well, here's a pretty sloppy take, did it with my Eclipse. I'm gonna try to post one with my Tele, and maybe one with an Ibanez. It's got some rough moments....but my 3 year old wasn't really cooperating with my recording today, lol. A little embarassed to share this, but oh well, if nothing else it's good for a laugh....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=411349

Offline gtrdave

• LGM Member
  • Men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
    • Check out some of my music!

« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2007, 09:24:54 PM »
Yeah, woo baby, jlynnb1, that was embarrassing...  ::)  :P  ;)

The Trower is strong in you. Don't know if he was ever an inspiration of yours but I hear a lot of him in your playing on this take.

Very, very nice.
Music theory is not always music reality.

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2007, 09:32:15 PM »
Yeah, woo baby, jlynnb1, that was embarrassing...  ::)  :P  ;)

The Trower is strong in you. Don't know if he was ever an inspiration of yours but I hear a lot of him in your playing on this take.

Very, very nice.

thanks dave, i really appreciate it. believe it or not, i can't say i've ever listened to trower. i know that's crazy, but true.

it's strange...but playing in those rehearsals for 12 hours a day 3 days straight last week relly fatigues my hands....it showed up in the sloppiness...(not to mention that i'm just way out of shape technique-wise, lol)

i'm gonna try and record 2 more with different guitars when things calm down around here.....but thanks again for the kind words.....nice to hear from a player of your caliber....

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2007, 11:59:19 PM »
come on....where are everyones tracks, let's hear em!!

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2007, 07:07:59 AM »
jlynnb1, that's some good stuff.

I agree about the Trower. That cut's Troweriffic. It's also a bit Framptontastic as well. You might as well give in and buy a univibe and a leslie... The Trower-y stuff is the little 6ths thing that follows the piano (as in the "Too Rollin' Stoned" outro--one of the greatest riffs EVER), and you had a couple of those slow, dissonant unison bend things (speaking of Frampton, and Trower... why won't they tour together?!?!?!?).

That's a smokin' tone, too.

Man, I wish i was as "out-of-shape" technique wise as you are. I need to try to apply a more scalar approach to my playing.

Hearing everyone else attack this is inspiring.

And, yes, where is everyone else's??????????????

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2007, 07:11:31 AM »

Did you drop that a key? That's funny, if had been in G, I probably would have put it in A lol (just the difference of people's preference, I guess).

That's a nasty soundin' fuzz, bro (in a good way). What is it?

Welcome to the LGM crew.

Offline lilBB

• LGM Member

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2007, 08:23:27 AM »
come on....where are everyones tracks, let's hear em!!

im trying to get mine up tonight.

Offline jlynnb1

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2007, 10:46:51 AM »
jlynnb1, that's some good stuff.

I agree about the Trower. That cut's Troweriffic. It's also a bit Framptontastic as well. You might as well give in and buy a univibe and a leslie... The Trower-y stuff is the little 6ths thing that follows the piano (as in the "Too Rollin' Stoned" outro--one of the greatest riffs EVER), and you had a couple of those slow, dissonant unison bend things (speaking of Frampton, and Trower... why won't they tour together?!?!?!?).

That's a smokin' tone, too.

Man, I wish i was as "out-of-shape" technique wise as you are. I need to try to apply a more scalar approach to my playing.

Hearing everyone else attack this is inspiring.

And, yes, where is everyone else's??????????????

yeah, since it goes to that dominant 4 chord you can have some fun with the 6ths.

i definitely appreciate you not ripping up my sloppiness though, lol. i had a smokin take going with the tele last night and broke a string about 3/4 of the way through...i was so ticked, lol.

Offline JayP5150

• LGM Member

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2007, 12:43:28 PM »
yeah, since it goes to that dominant 4 chord you can have some fun with the 6ths.

i definitely appreciate you not ripping up my sloppiness though, lol. i had a smokin take going with the tele last night and broke a string about 3/4 of the way through...i was so ticked, lol.

Sloppiness???  ?/?

I really didn't pick anything specific out. It must have been on something that I can't play, and I just didn't notice lol  :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up