LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CHOIR DIRECTING POLITICIANS? LOL!  (Read 608 times)

changedman

CHOIR DIRECTING POLITICIANS? LOL!
« on: July 17, 2007, 08:16:28 PM »
What is the probability of a memphis mayoral candidate overhearing a conversation about the great administrative assistant and INSTANTLY calling him in to make him a paid member of her campaign staff?  If today hadn't been my first day i'd say it was impossible but now i know better!  Wow!

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

Re: CHOIR DIRECTING POLITICIANS? LOL!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 08:01:24 AM »
Umm... if I understood that correctly, congratulations are in order.  So....

Congratulations.   :D
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline LyricTenor

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • Not ONE Muslim joke!! >:-(

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 08:09:09 AM »
That's the bidness!!  Make it do what it do mane.   :D :D

changedman

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 08:42:26 AM »
Right now it wants to do some coffee and a bacon sandwich but i can't make it.  Lol.  Thanks.

Offline ndel

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 09:46:40 PM »

Yeah congratulations ?/? ?/?For  one who is just coming in on
the potato truck, what is this about, [ ?/?if you don't mind
sounds interesting :)

changedman

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 10:35:27 PM »

Yeah congratulations ?/? ?/?For  one who is just coming in on
the potato truck, what is this about, [ ?/?if you don't mind
sounds interesting :)

Dude...it's 10:35 p. m. and I'm still typing my fingers dry at the office.  DO NOT TALK ABOUT POTATOES!  LOL!

changedman

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 01:46:30 PM »
AND AS SOON AS IT STARTS...IT'S ALREADY OVER!  LOL!

I QUIT YESTERDAY!

Everything that I did last week, the Campaign Manager said that it was stupid...well, his word was "too elementary for a person of the candidate's status" so he stayed (and made me stay with him) until 2am Friday night going over HOW to do a simple Microsoft Word document while HE sat at the computer and did it, NOT ME!

I figure this dude is basically the type who wants to paint himself as Mr. Indespensible, so anything that anyone else does will never be enough.  I opted to leave but he insisted that I sit there to learn how to do it right.

I was to facilitate the scheduling meeting (since I was the one who scheduled her events).  The campaign manager decided that HE should do it because on my first go-round I may not do it well enough for what the candidate requires.  Everything on the agenda was "I scheduled you to do this and I talked with so-and-so and they told ME that it was okay for you to do such-and-such".

When his mom (a cat owner who kisses her cats in the mouth and lets them walk on her countertops) brought pimento cheese and chicken salad sandwiches for everyone, he got mad because I opted to go to Wendy's.  I was gone fifteen minutes...and he called me twice in that time on my cell phone to tell me that "the whole process could change drastically in the time you've been gone...and you should be able to get to Wendy's drive-thru and back in five minutes".

THAT, plus the idea of working 8:30 am until 1:15 am every day with no time to iron clothes for the next day, get my tire fixed on my car, etc. just made it obvious that even though it was a great opportunity...it was not the one for me...so I bailed.

That's it in a nutshell.....big decision...but something I had to do (or at least I feel I had to).

Offline b3wannab

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 02:25:58 PM »
See there, CM, that's what chu get for bailing out on dem chilrens!  They need you more than some stankin' politician!!
I will bless the Lord at all times, and his praise shall continually be in my mouth...

changedman

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 02:32:41 PM »
See there, CM, that's what chu get for bailing out on dem chilrens!  They need you more than some stankin' politician!!

OH LORD NOT AGAIN!!!  LOL!  So because I left the youth choir, this happened?!

OK Chris!  LOL!

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 02:56:17 PM »
I've managed my share of campaigns, and worked on a few of them in an administrative capacity, spokesperson, scheduler, field manager, etc.

I assure you, you're not the first to "quit."  Working on campaigns is not for everyone, hon.
When you're in love you don't want to fall asleep bc reality is finally better than your dreams.

Offline lordluvr

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 04:06:36 PM »
I've managed my share of campaigns, and worked on a few of them in an administrative capacity, spokesperson, scheduler, field manager, etc.

I assure you, you're not the first to "quit."  Working on campaigns is not for everyone, hon.
Maybe not, but I think you may have bailed too early bro.  I'll hit you on PM or on YIM later.

Offline LaylaMonroe

• LGM Royalty
  • LGM Member
  • POW!
    • Order in the Church!

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2007, 04:16:53 PM »
Maybe not, but I think you may have bailed too early bro.  I'll hit you on PM or on YIM later.

I kinda sorta agree LL.  He definitely jumped ship a little early.  But, knowing what little I know about my buddy, it really may not be for him.  Just my two cents.

changedman

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2007, 04:38:49 PM »
I kinda sorta agree LL.  He definitely jumped ship a little early.  But, knowing what little I know about my buddy, it really may not be for him.  Just my two cents.

Try a DOLLAR!  LOL!

I kinda feel that way too.  But the hours were killing me and the mental stress from dealing with Charles was a bit too much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up