LearnGospelMusic.com Community

Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Company You Keep...  (Read 236 times)

Nakia518

The Company You Keep...
« on: July 31, 2007, 10:57:04 PM »
The Company You Keep...
by: Kel Spencer

There was once a paralyzed man who had some friends. These friends heard that there was a way for the paralytic to be healed so they carried him to the place to be healed. When they arrived, they said, "Hey... The building ain't big enough" once they noticed that the place was packed and there was a crowd around the building because so many other people wanted to be healed for their own problems, sicknesses and diseases. Since THEY could not get the paralytic to the front door because of the crowd, THEY climbed the building and THEY made an opening in the roof. After digging through it, THEY lowered the mat that the paralyzed man was lying on for him to be healed.

Isn't it amazing how the faith and determination of the paralytic's friends is what got him healed? Do you have people in your corner that have that type of love for you that they would go to that extent, even if they don't personally benefit? Or do you have those in your life that would be reluctant to lift you and bring you to be healed because they don't think it will work? Or because the walk is too far, Or because so and so tried it and it didn't work, or because it costs too much, or because it's too early in the morning, or simply because they don't want you walking because it might out-shine them??? Or maybe you have both types of people around you. Hmmmm....

The paralytic's Friends were True friends. However, most friends are only friends to the level of their convenience. Once being your friend pulls them out of a comfort zone, the friendship now becomes shaky. If/ when that happens, this person is not a true friend. Friends are those who can take you beyond your own limitations. We need these people in our lives. Our knowledge limits us, that's why we need help. God would not have created Eve if he didn't think we needed company.

That story of the paralytic is from Mark 2:1-7. If you go on to read Mark 2:12, you'll see how happy the friends are that the paralytic began to walk. Friends are there to carry you to that place, where you are now able to carry yourself. Friends are those that know everything about you yet still love you. I'm thankful for my friends... Even My Million Bajillion Fafillion Myspace Friends. Since the Building Ain't Big Enough maybe I should cut a hole in my own roof, lol!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up